Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM Lens" and save 24% off the $1,099.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4-Year Camera Accidental Protection Planfrom Warrantech
- Accidental damage (drops and spills) and power surge coverage begin day 1. Parts and labor coverage for mechanical and electrical failures begins after your product's warranty expires.
- Plan Terms and Conditions sent via email within hours of completing your purchase, please look for an email from "Amazon Support" If you do not receive.
- Provides nationwide repair support as per the Terms and Conditions. If your product can't be repaired, an Amazon Gift Card will be provided.
- Includes free shipping for covered claims, no hidden fees, easy online or over the phone claim process, cancel at any time.
- See Product Description for details including limitations and what is not covered.
Canon EF 24–105mm f/4L IS II USM Lens
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- All-new optical design with significant improvements in peripheral brightness.
- High-performance standard zoom lens with constant f/4L aperture and a broad angle of view covering from wide angle to mid-telephoto.
- Air Sphere Coating (ASC) helps to significantly reduce flare and ghosting.
- Image Stabilizer performance at up to 4 stops* of shake correction helps capture sharp images.
- Circular Aperture (10 blades) helps deliver beautiful, soft backgrounds. Aperture Maximum: f/4 Minimum: f/22
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Canon 24–105mm f/4L IS II USM Lens (White Box) Bundle
Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Zoom Lens - White Box (New) (Bulk Packaging)
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens
Canon EF 24–105mm f/4L IS II USM Lens + 3 Piece Filter Set + 4 Piece Close Up Macro Filters + Lens Cleaning Pen + Pro Accessory Bundle - 24-105mm II IS: Ultrasonics Motor - International Version
Canon EF 24-70mm f/4.0L IS USM Standard Zoom Lens
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Al's Variety||6ave||Amazon.com||Abe's Electronics Center||Amazon.com|
|Compatible Mountings||—||Canon EF, Canon EF-S||—||Canon EF||Canon EF / Canon EF-S||Canon EF|
|Focus Type||auto-focus||manual-and-auto||manual_only||Stepper motor||Ring-type ultrasonic||Ring-type ultrasonic|
|Item Dimensions||3.3 x 4.6 x 3.3 in||4.6 x 3.3 x 3.3 in||2 x 6 x 2 in||2.72 x 1.54 x 2.72 in||—||3.27 x 3.66 x 3.27 in|
|Item Weight||1.75 lbs||1.75 lbs||2.2 lbs||5.6 ounces||—||1.32 lbs|
|Lens Type||zoom||fixed-zoom||zoom||Prime lens||zoom||Zoom lens|
|Maximum Focal Length||105||105 millimeters||105 millimeters||50 millimeters||105 millimeters||70 millimeters|
|Minimum Focal Length||24||24 millimeters||24 millimeters||50 millimeters||24 millimeters||24 millimeters|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||—||77 millimeters||77 millimeters||49 millimeters||—||77 millimeters|
The EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS II USM is a lightweight and maneuverable standard zoom lens with Image Stabilizer (IS).
From the Manufacturer
EF 24–105mm f/4L IS II USM
For incredible versatility, the EF 24–105mm f/4L IS II USM has been redesigned to deliver superb L-series optical performance that pairs smoothly with the high-resolution, full-frame sensors of SLR cameras. Featuring a zoom range of 24–105mm and a constant f/4 aperture, the EF 24–105mm f/4L IS II USM is ideal for landscapes, portraits, sports and more, offering effective all-day performance for advanced photography and videography. It helps reduce ghosting and flare, and has improved peripheral brightness as well as a 10-blade circular aperture that helps deliver sharp, evenly illuminated images with gorgeous background blur. It even has an improved IS system for better handheld performance, especially in challenging light. From wide-angle to mid-telephoto and everywhere in-between, the EF 24–105mm f/4L IS II USM is a durable, compact performer you can count on for excellent performance and gorgeous results in more places, more often.
All-new optical design with improvements in peripheral brightness.
The EF 24–105mm f/4L IS II USM’s new optical composition includes 17 elements in 12 groups, including 4 glass-molded (GMo) aspherical lenses on 5 surfaces for excellent overall resolving power. These improvements help increase peripheral brightness for better edge-to-edge results with reduced distortions, delivering still photos and video of great clarity and resolution.
High-performance standard zoom lens with constant f/4L aperture and a broad angle of view covering wide-angle to mid-telephoto.
Offering coverage from 24mm wide-angle to 105mm mid-telephoto, the EF 24–105mm f/4L IS II USM is a true walk-around lens that can be used for any number of shooting scenarios. From landscapes and portraits to snapshots and videos of breaking news, and anything else that catches the photographer’s or filmmaker’s eye, the EF 24–105mm f/4L IS II USM range is highly adaptable. You can spend less time changing lenses and more time taking pictures or recording video.
Air Sphere Coating (ASC) helps to significantly reduce flare and ghosting.
The EF 24–105mm f/4L IS II USM features Air Sphere Coatings (ASC) on its lens elements to help combat flare, ghosting and reflections, and deliver clean images with reduced aberrations from reflected light. Designed to significantly reduce distortions, this technology puts an ultra-low refractive layer on the lens element. This layer works with the EF 24–105mm f/4L IS II USM’s overall optical formula to help deliver a clean image to the camera’s sensor, which can decrease the need for post-production.
Image Stabilizer performance at up to 4 stops* of shake correction helps capture sharp images.
For consistently sharper results, the EF 24–105mm f/4L IS II USM features an improved Image Stabilizer system that provides significantly enhanced shake reduction for up to 4 stops* of shutter speeds. This means more reliable handheld performance and clearer detail in low-light situations or at lower ISOs. Because of its enhanced stabilization, the EF 24–105mm f/4L IS II USM can also minimize the need for a tripod.
* Based on CIPA (Camera & Imaging Products Association) standards. Testing performed using the EOS-1D X digital SLR camera at a focal length of 105mm. The number of stops may vary based on the camera model used.
Circular aperture (10 blades) helps deliver beautiful, soft backgrounds.
Thanks to its 10-blade, circular aperture, the EF 24–105mm f/4L IS II USM is capable of gorgeous, evocative out-of-focus areas and soft backgrounds throughout its zoom range. By delivering an incredible level of control over background blur, it helps you define the mood of your image, creating impactful photos and videos.
Fluorine coating on front and rear lens surfaces helps reduce smears and fingerprints.
To help maintain a clean lens, even after multiple lens changes in sub-optimal conditions, the EF 24–105mm f/4L IS II USM has a specially designed non-stick fluorine coating on its front and rear surfaces. This fluorine coating helps prevent dust, water, oil and other surface residue like fingerprints from sticking to the lens, resulting in quick and easy wiping, without the use of solvents.
Highly resistant to dust and water intrusion, enabling shooting even in harsh conditions.
Befitting an L-series lens, the EF 24–105mm f/4L IS II USM is built to endure photography and moviemaking in even the harshest conditions. It features a dust- and water-resistant construction on the switch panel, the zoom and focus rings, and on the lens mount, helping to prevent dust and moisture from interfering with operation.
Inner focusing, ring USM, high-speed CPU and optimized AF algorithms for fast and accurate autofocusing.
The EF 24–105mm f/4L IS II USM is engineered to provide fast, accurate operation for efficient performance across the board. It features a high-performance control CPU that drives Canon’s quick inner focusing with ring USM for quick starts and stops. Plus, it’s programmed with optimized AF algorithms that help achieve fast, accurate focus and maintain it consistently.
Full-time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in AF Mode.
The EF 24–105mm f/4L IS II USM offers complete manual control, even when AF is engaged, with a simple twist of the lens’s focus ring. Additionally, full-time manual focus means it’s easy to achieve and maintain focus manually, which can be especially handy when shooting video or composing still images on an SLR’s screen.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. The lock button only locks the zoom in the retracted position. It does not lock the zoom in any arbitrary position. One of my biggest frustrations with version I of the 24-105mm, besides the lens hood, was that the zoom would creep when pointing down at a subject. Canon tightened my old lens up for me, but it still wasn't quite as tight as I'd like. I was hoping for a feature like the zoom lock on the Canon 100-400mm f/4-5.6, but with a switch instead of a ring. On the plus side, the zoom on version II is nice and stiff, yet still easy to rotate, so hopefully it won't creep with use. It feels nice - firm and smooth.
2. While I know the lens is slightly heavier, it sure doesn't feel like it. Feels similar to the old model.
3. Nice surprise: The lens hood. The lens hood on version I of the 24-105mm was a mess to attach and remove, like several of Canon's other older lenses. The new lens hood glides on effortlessly and snaps cleanly into place. It is a huge improvement. There is a little button on the hood you press to release the lens hood for unscrewing, similar to the lens hood on the 100-400mm f/4-5.6 II. The new lens hood has a cheaper interior - it's a matte finish plastic instead of the darker light-absorbing felt of the version I lens hood. The darker felt on version I not only had better light absorption, but also attracted dust which was actually a good feature - it kept dust off the lens. I slightly prefer the old inner lens hood treatment, but I'll bet in practice nobody will be able to tell the difference between the two.
I've played with the image stabilization, and it seems steadier than the old model.
I used version 1 of the 24-105 for over 10 years and upgraded to version 2 because it is my main travel lens along with my 70-200 f4. So far I am very pleased with the clear sharp images, build quality, handling, and IS. It is bigger but not noticeably heavier than version 1 and balances well on the 6D with or without grip.
Am happy with upgrade.
Difficult part was finding it in stock on Amazon.
The new lens (this item) arrived last week and I've been out photographing with it on my 5D MkIV and wanted to test the IS capability and overall sharpness as I will use it, mostly handheld. I was anticipating it to be a bit sharper, edge illumination to be better, and the IS to be more effective, and I'm very happy to report that on all counts I am very pleased with this new lens. I find it a worthwhile improvement on all counts, and a bonus that the lens zooms in and out smoothly for better video compared to V1. Overall it is what I was hoping for and I am very pleased and glad it finally arrived. (I understand that the earthquakes in Japan many months ago set back production of some products, causing the delay.) For the money I think it's a great value and a overall a great lens.
Depending on the use, the downside can be its size and weight. It matches well with the clunkiness of my 7D.