- Receive a free 8x11 Shutterfly Photo Book promo code via email with select digital camera, lens, sports & action camera, network attached storage, external hard drive, or memory card purchase. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM SLR Lens for EOS ...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 30% off the $649.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM SLR Lens for EOS Digital SLRs
|Price:||$649.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 10-22mm wide-angle zoom lens with f/3.5-4.5 maximum aperture for EOS digital SLR cameras
- Superior AF performance and speed, with full-time manual focus with the turn of a ring
- Close focusing to 9.5 inches; fills the frame with subjects as small as 3.6 x 5.4 inches
- Circular aperture design produces natural highlights
- 1-year warranty
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Aperture Control Design||Aperture controlled by camera|
|Compatible Lens Hood Part Number||EW-83E|
|Compatible Mountings||Canon EF-S|
|Focus Type||Ring-type ultrasonic|
|Item Dimensions||3.31 x 3.31 x 3.54 inches|
|Item Display Weight||0.7 Kilograms|
|Item Weight||0.85 pounds|
|Lens Type||Zoom lens|
|Macro Focus Range||0.24 m|
|Manufacturer Warranty Description||Limited 1 year|
|Material Type||Plastic barrel, Metal mount|
|Maximum Aperture Range||F3.5 - F4.5|
|Maximum Focal Length||22 mm|
|Maximum Format Size||APS-C / DX|
|Minimum Focal Length||10 mm|
|Minimum Focal Range||10 mm|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||6|
|Number of Elements||13|
|Number of Groups||10|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||77 mm|
|Real Angle Of View||107.5 Degrees|
|Shipping Weight||1.35 pounds|
|Style Name||Lens Only|
|Zoom Type||Motorized Zoom|
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM SLR Lens for EOS Digital SLRs
Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM Lens B00K899B9Y
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Compatible Mountings||Canon EF-S||Canon EF-S||Canon EF||Canon EF|
|Dimensions||3.31 inches x 3.54 inches x 3.31 inches||2.95 inches x 2.83 inches x 2.95 inches||3.43 inches x 3.46 inches x 3.43 inches||3.15 inches x 3.7 inches x 3.15 inches|
|Item Weight||0.85 pounds||0.53 pounds||1.15 pounds||1.42 pounds|
|Lens||Zoom lens||wide-angle||Zoom lens||Wide-angle lens|
|Maximum Aperture||3.5||4.5 f||3.5||2.8|
|Max Focal Length||22 mm||18 mm||20 mm||14 mm|
|Min Focal Length||10 mm||10 mm||10 mm||14 mm|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
- Excellent optical quality and true wide-angle coverage with select digital SLRs
- Superior AF performance and speed, with full-time manual focus by simply turning ring
- Close-focusing to 9.5 inches -- fill the frame with subjects as small as 3.6 x 5.4 inches
- Relatively compact size and light weight for an ultra-wide zoom lens
- Inner focusing system (no front element rotation); length doesn't change if zoomed
- Circular aperture design -- natural highlights, even stopped down two stops
- Electronic diaphragm -- manually-set apertures stay constant from f/4.5 thru f/22
- EF-S lens mount -- exclusively for EOS 20D and Digital Rebel bodies
Top Customer Reviews
I use this lens on a 30D body, and I always keep it on hand if I'm doing any indoor, or tight group photography. It is the perfect solution to the perennial problem of not having enough room to capture all the kids at a birthday party in one shot because your back is up against a wall. This lens will just about get your toes into the picture at the widest setting, yet delivers tack sharp, colorful, and contrasty images. The auto focus is spot on, silent, and fast. It is a must have lens for the active amateur, or any pro using a 1.6 crop factor camera. You simply can't beat this lens with anything available on the market today.
That beng said, do not try to convince yourself that this will make a good "walkaround" lens. It isn't. Even at max length, it is far too short to live on your camera as a standard lens. You need this lens, even if you don't know it yet, but it should not be your first lens, as it will only be used 15 to 20 percent of the time. At those times, it's performance simply cannot be equaled by any other zoom lens on a 1.6 crop factor camera. You will be amazed by the quality of this lens. It rivals the performance of modern prime lenses, presents a bright viewfinder image, and delivers the goods in tight situations.
This is not a casual assessment, nor a Canon "feel good" moment on my part.Read more ›
The 10-22mm is equivalent to 16-35mm field of view using a canon 20D which is not a full frame sensor. With a minimum focal distance of .24m (about 9.5 inches) you can get very close to objects and still get alot of focal width in the photo. There is incredible clarity in the lens. The photos I have taken are very clear with only a slight hint of softening at the corners at 10mm; everything else is sharp after that. There is a little barrel distortion at 10mm but everything else up to 22mm is nice. I have not gotten any light flare in my photos. The Ultrasonic motor is very quiet. The depth of field is outstanding. A slim UV filter helps prevent some slight vignetting at 10mm. With a maximum aperture that ranges from f/3.5 to f/4.5, the Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Lens is a medium speed lens. I would recommend using a tripod if you are at all unsure about your ability to hold the camera still for action shots with this lens. The lens it's self is fairly light weight. If you are going to use filters the lens requires 77mm.
The lens can produce some interesting distortion shots if you are taking close-ups and are not perpendicular to the object.Read more ›
As with all very-wide lenses, you have to be careful that you don't have people at the edges of the frame or too close to the lens, or they will appear very distorted when taking pictures at 10mm. Also note that a wide angle lens is not easy to use at first to create compelling images, as it's very easy to include too much clutter in your compositions.
- optical quality is excellent (deserves an "L" lens designation)
- uses the higher quality ring-type USM focusing
- minimum focusing distance is very close
- surprisingly lightweight
- very flare-resistant even without hood
- the only option for EOS digital cameras (Rebel, Rebel XT, 20D) to get true wide angle shots due to the smaller APS-C sensor in those cameras.
- It's expensive! But at least it is cheaper than a year ago.
- The lens is a little soft in the corners at 10mm, but is very sharp at 12mm and up.
- Canon has not formally committed to how long they will continue to make cameras and lenses using the EF-S system.
- The lens currently only works on the lower-end dSLR cameras -- the 10D, 1D, 1Ds, and 5D cameras cannot use this lens.
- The hood is not included with this lens, but it's such as ugly hood and the lens doesn't have flare problems, so I don't really think it is necessary anyway.
In 5 years when you upgrade your camera, there is a possibility that it will not support this lens.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This lens performs well in the functions I purchased it for: interior shots of custom homes built by my company, and abandoned buildings I explore. Read morePublished 28 days ago by Jill P.
I live in NYC and have been shooting with this lens for over three years, most recently on a Canon 70D. Read morePublished 2 months ago by G. Mayes
Excellent lens for wide-angle shots. No lens corrections so the edges bend in a bit, but that is the effect I was looking for. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Amazon customer
I use this lens a lot! It takes great wide pictures and has great functionality. You will want a larger flash for dim pictures though, if you are buying this you probably already... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Michael
My wife and I purchased this lens to supplement our Sigma 18-35 1.8f lens and it has been an excellent addition to our lens collection. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Mason G. Williams
Great lens for landscape and general walking around lens. Would love it more if it went to 2.8, but it is great for the price.Published 4 months ago by lynchfreak23