Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on December 7, 2013
Easier to understand than the Eos Rebel T3i manual! This book is LONG.....and I found some of the explanations and instructions WAY above "dummy level"---and I have been using Canon cameras since the early 1980s. I bought it thinking it would GREATLY simplify my experience with my new T3i but it really did not. A lot of it is VERY technical in my opinion and I don't think true novices would grasp a lot of the material easily. Some of my questions went unanswered simply because I felt the information was above "dummy level", once again. I was not totally pleased with my purchase. However, in all truthfulness, there were some VERY HELPFUL and easy to understand things that have been helpful to me, but overall, I think taking a class somewhere for beginners would be best, if you have a community college nearby or could do a class online for beginners.
5 people found this helpful
on February 27, 2014
This book is just what I needed to even begin to know how to even open the box, let alone operate this camera. This book tells you all you need to know about something you may have been afraid of purchasing just because you didn't know how to operate the Digital/ SLR Cameras. This is written so well that a third grader could operate just about every camera in your house, and we all know they probably already do, but we can't let them know we just don't get it. Get this book if you are in that limbo of the Digital and SLR world that took over the good old put the roll of film in the camera and shoot, take it to the photo shop and get your pictures. We all have to get beyond that era I guess so that is why I purchased this and now I am the coolest Grandpa around, because I know what I doing (Hopefully) but if not they will come out with another book that will make me look like a pro. Thanks
on June 15, 2011
I haven't come close to reading the entire book, but so far it is just fabulous to flip through as I learn about my new T3i. You get technical info as well as tips in a down to earth, super readable format. Great pictures to illustrate the info as well. A must buy if you have the T3i!
50 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on December 19, 2013
I really like this book.

I received a Canon EOS T3i/600D for Christmas and, while it is amazing with just the built-in modes, I really wanted to branch out and learn about all the features; take my photography from point-and-shoot to true photos I'd want to blow up and hang on my wall.

This book covers every single feature of the T3i and is broken down into easy-to-understand chapters that makes beginners like myself not get overwhelmed with information.

I have a few other "For Dummies" books (unrelated to DSLR topics) on my shelf for projects I've done (reapholstering a chair was like trying to insert a banana into a hypodermic needle) and all of them were black and white.
This book is great because it is in full colour giving you the best examples of photographs Julia Adair King had taken for references of each section.
on February 20, 2018
I would be so lost without this book. I've never been much of a "manual" reader because they don't make a lot of sense and the print is so small so this book has been a lifesaver in being able to use my camera.
on December 29, 2012
This book is really well-written and useful for owners of the Canon Rebel T3i camera. Everything is accurate and clearly presented. Photographs are helpful and of excellent quality. Things are repeated in simple steps so a beginner can learn how to use the camera. I especially liked the fact that the difficult and complex "camera stuff" is interrupted half way through the book with information on playback, downloading, emailing pictures, etc. This creates a break from all the camera buttons, dials, screens, shooting steps, etc. The book's later chapters pick up again on complex shooting information (such as mixing aperture opening, ISO, and shutter speed). Highly recommend this book for owners of the Rebel T3i.
on June 18, 2014
Sadly, about 1/2 to 3/4 of this book is "filler".... generic photography tutorial that they probably cut-and-paste into all the other 'dummies' books about other cameras.

I wish it had more specs, and more detailed instructions about some of the advanced features of THIS CAMERA.

They should rename this book "Photography for dummies, featuring the Canon T3i", because that's really what it is.
One person found this helpful
on May 31, 2014
Purchased this book for my daughter, who recently bought the Canon camera from Amazon. She really likes figuring out "things" on her own, but has found this book comes in handy for "things" she has not been able to grasp. She said she would recommend it to others as a back up, or to help in other ways, too - we have been pleased with the book and the service we received.
One person found this helpful
on January 14, 2014
Got this book when I got the camera, and its been a real help. It has a chapter for everything so far. The explanations are precise, and a lot of organized detail and pictures to show you exactly where to find what she is talking about, or to show you what she is talking about by example. I am so glad I got this book as the camera has so much to learn, if you want more than just a point and shoot - fully automatic camera. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn what this camera is capable of doing and how to do it.
on April 16, 2018
I lost my manual for my camera so I ordered this book. It has so much more information then my manual.had and is written so you can understand what it says.