Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 216 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 224 reviews
on June 15, 2011
I haven't come close to reading the entire book, but so far it is just fabulous to flip through as I learn about my new T3i. You get technical info as well as tips in a down to earth, super readable format. Great pictures to illustrate the info as well. A must buy if you have the T3i!
22 comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2013
Easier to understand than the Eos Rebel T3i manual! This book is LONG.....and I found some of the explanations and instructions WAY above "dummy level"---and I have been using Canon cameras since the early 1980s. I bought it thinking it would GREATLY simplify my experience with my new T3i but it really did not. A lot of it is VERY technical in my opinion and I don't think true novices would grasp a lot of the material easily. Some of my questions went unanswered simply because I felt the information was above "dummy level", once again. I was not totally pleased with my purchase. However, in all truthfulness, there were some VERY HELPFUL and easy to understand things that have been helpful to me, but overall, I think taking a class somewhere for beginners would be best, if you have a community college nearby or could do a class online for beginners.
on February 27, 2014
This book is just what I needed to even begin to know how to even open the box, let alone operate this camera. This book tells you all you need to know about something you may have been afraid of purchasing just because you didn't know how to operate the Digital/ SLR Cameras. This is written so well that a third grader could operate just about every camera in your house, and we all know they probably already do, but we can't let them know we just don't get it. Get this book if you are in that limbo of the Digital and SLR world that took over the good old put the roll of film in the camera and shoot, take it to the photo shop and get your pictures. We all have to get beyond that era I guess so that is why I purchased this and now I am the coolest Grandpa around, because I know what I doing (Hopefully) but if not they will come out with another book that will make me look like a pro. Thanks
on November 28, 2012
This is the first "for Dummies" book that I have purchased, so I wasn’t really sure what to expect. I really like the way it is set up, and for a beginner, it’s just what I needed. I started to read it, planning to go cover to cover with my camera in lap, then changed my mind. I read all of the intro sections, then decided it works best (for me) to read it depending on what I am trying to achieve. This past Thanksgiving I wanted to use the self timer to take a picture of the family. I flipped to that section and was able to set it with no problem. Super easy to read and understand.
on June 11, 2012
To be honest, I haven't picked up a "Dummies" book in quite a while. I got tired of trying learn programs like the early versions of Photoshop from a book series that wasted time with jokes and tried to teach color editing with black and white photos. I picked up this new Dummies book on the Rebel T3i and was surprised at the advances in the series. It is concise, well written and has every visual sample rendered in full color. These books have come a long way. The table of contents is well laid out, allowing you to find various sections quickly and explanations are to the point. I do bemoan the attempts to be "clever" by Julie Adair King, the author, but I suppose that's the deal with the Dummies series. Take out that cuteness and you'd have a more precise guide.
All in all, the book does its job well and I recommend it over the glossier, glitzier and more expensive rivals. You'll learn your Canon T3i/600D much more quickly using this excellent guide.
on December 19, 2013
I really like this book.

I received a Canon EOS T3i/600D for Christmas and, while it is amazing with just the built-in modes, I really wanted to branch out and learn about all the features; take my photography from point-and-shoot to true photos I'd want to blow up and hang on my wall.

This book covers every single feature of the T3i and is broken down into easy-to-understand chapters that makes beginners like myself not get overwhelmed with information.

I have a few other "For Dummies" books (unrelated to DSLR topics) on my shelf for projects I've done (reapholstering a chair was like trying to insert a banana into a hypodermic needle) and all of them were black and white.
This book is great because it is in full colour giving you the best examples of photographs Julia Adair King had taken for references of each section.
on May 10, 2017
Using this to learn new ways to use my camera! Easy to understand and use. Very helpful book for camera owners!
on December 30, 2012
I have been using Canon cameras for the past twenty years. Most of my work has been in black and white film doing my own dark room work. I have found this to be the purist for of photography. There is some manipuation in the dark room but not a lot. Which means you have to do a good job with the camera. I reluctanly went into digital buat only with the idea it would still be me and the camera and not a lot of save me with digital overhaul. Down the road this my change.
This book has given me a great start on the way to the digital world and I thank the author for that.

I don't know enough to find any fault with this book. As a begining student of digital it is a great help. Easy to understand and covers a lot ot territory.
on June 24, 2017
Its the missing link to totally understanding my camera in terms I can understand.
on May 24, 2014
I bought this book when I bought my new canon T3i, as someone who had a hard time giving up my beloved 35mm film canon, I was very nervous buying this camera, I am not known for being a tech guru. I read through the book with my camera at my side within just a few days I was as at home with this camera as my old film one. It is written to be very clear and concise with its content. For the first time in awhile I did not have to borrow a teenager from my neighbor to explain the technology to me! I was taking great photos in a few days and playing with the more advanced options within a few weeks with confidence.