Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 7, 2017
Purchased the knock off that was suggested when I bought my Canon Rebel T7i from B&H Photo. B&H didn't have the Canon one available so I just purchased the other one thinking if they suggested it, it must be good. The other brand was so tight that I was afraid I'd snap the lens if I attached it so I just sent it back and looked for the original one here on Amazon. Fits wonderfully, and can be taken off whenever I need it to without wrestling with it. And Canon brand wasn't that much more than the other brand, so save yourself trouble and pick up the Canon brand hood for that lens.
on July 28, 2017
Lens hood are the best for lens flare reduction. I wanted to like this item but the only flaw is if you are using this lens hood on a 18-135mm ef-s canon lens, you will see part of the hood on your shot if you not zoomed in at all and that in my opinion destroys some of the pictures.
So even though this item is great, the fatal flaw is what keeps me using it 100% is what makes me knock it down 2 stars. So be careful if you are using it for this specific lens
on November 19, 2017
If this is a knock off, its the greatest knock off i've ever seen. It looks like the ones i see on the lenses that are new in local shops. fits my 18-135mm IS (not the newer stm model) perfectly with no rattle, and locks just fine.
on January 26, 2015
Works perfect for the new STM lens. I received the normal Canon one that some claim wasn't a Canon product. The inner portion is felt though where all my others have been solid plastic. The felt probably pulls particles away from the lens better, but you can't wipe it out like I could the solid plastic ones. Not sure if it is better to have the felt inside or not yet.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on November 13, 2013
After going through several different hoods I came back to Canon for a proper hood.

Pros:
- rigid bayonet type mount
- reversible for putting camera in bag/case
- not visible within any zoom of the 18-135 lens
- lightweight and effective

Cons:
- expensive, for a piece of plastic/felt
- casts shadows from built-in flash of 60D at certain zooms
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
Enthusiast: Photographyon February 17, 2015
Nice quality. Fits like a true Canon accessory. Nice velvet inner coating to prevent reflective bounce from hitting the lens. Nice touch! some may opt opt to have a fully closed lens hood instead of the "flower", but I guess that's just preference. Works for my needs and fits great!
on July 17, 2014
I do feel like you should receive one when buying a camera with a lens package, but you don't, and therefore like spilt milk it's not worth crying over. Also much like organic milk from a wild unicorn, you have to shell out a premium for essentially a $25 piece of plastic.

It does the job though and makes a noticeable difference with pictures taken outside in sunny conditions.

Works great with my Canon 70D and 18-135mm IS STM lens. Fits securely and can be easily reversed for when you don't need it. I feel like for the extra it costs, it's worth getting the Canon branded version.

You don't want your one picture of a wild unicorn to be ruined by light glare.
on October 28, 2016
I have nine lenses for my Canon bodies, Canon brand lenses and Tamron. I have a lens hood for each this one is the only one that doesn’t click into place and there is play when attached to my Canon EF 18~135mm lens. Something isn’t right about it I don’t’ have another lens hood (this size) to compare it to.
on April 3, 2014
I bought this for my 18-135mm lens, and it fits great. It locks in place easily, and can also be reversed to store on the lens. When you reverse it, you can only access the manual focus ring at the top and bottom of the lens, so if you do a lot of manual focusing, that might get annoying. Note that there is a red dot on the lens hood that matches the red dot on the end of the lens, and if you line them up, you can slide this on and lock it with no problem. It locks in place firmly, and takes a deliberate movement to unlock it to remove it.
3 helpful votes
on September 5, 2017
Sturdy. Flocking on the inside. Bayonet mount slides smoothly and securely. No locking tab on this smaller hood.