Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Canon EF 12 II Extension Tube For EOS Digital Cameras
|Price:||$79.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Retains all metering and AF functions with most CANON EF lenses
- High level water and dust resistance -- suitable for use in heavy rain
- O-ring seals protect mounts and release lever
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Item Weight||0.15 pounds|
|Package Height||3 x 3 x 3 inches|
|Shipping Weight||0.3 pounds|
Top Customer Reviews
You can get much closer
Works with both EF-S and EF lenses
Auto focus still functions perfectly
Takes up very little room in your camera bag
Item looks about 3 times as large in photo using 17-40 Canon F/4 Lens
A little tight to put on and take off of lens
Can no longer focus very far away let alone infinity
I purchased this Extension tube so I could take better Macro photos without having to purchase an expensive Macro lens. I've got so many lenses already.
I installed the tube between my Canon Rebel XTi and Canon 17-40 F/4 L lens and bang!!! Instant macro lens.
A photo I had taken without the tube of a penny using the Canon 17-40 zoomed to 40mm gave a so so image. Putting the tube on allowed me to focus so close the penny filled almost the entire view finder. Looking at the penny image taken with the tube you can see little details I never noticed before like each and ever step and little details like the little FG on the lower right corner on the back of the penny.
I highly recommend it's worth every penny!!!
Since I was working with a Canon 40D body, as well as a variety of lenses, I needed an extension tube that supported both the EF and EF-S lens types. This Canon EF 12 II provides that functionality, as well as full electronic pass-through for all auto-focus and metering features of the lenses.
For table-top & desk-top macro work, I found that this extension tube works beautifully with the Canon EF-S 18-55mm with the lens extended to the full 55mm.
If I am outside walking around, I find that the Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Standard Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras works very well for taking macro photographs of flowers and other close-up objects.
A note to consider, if you are using a macro extension tube, you generally can NOT focus to infinity any longer. So this item is for use while taking macro photographs or nearby objects ONLY.
I've also uploaded a macro image in the gallery of this product, showing how well this macro tube works!
As a side note, if you want to get even CLOSER to your subject, pick up the OTHER Canon extension, the Canon EF 25 II Extension Tube for EOS Digital Cameras , and combine the 12mm and the 25mm into a 37mm tube! It works VERY well!
1. I'm happy that I bought both.
2. They decidedly do not represent different price points of the same thing. The fact that I originally thought they did only reflects my growing, yet still weak, expertise in the paraphernalia of macro photography.
3. The Polaroid tube is made up of 7mm, 14mm, and 28mm lengths that can be used individually or in any combination.
4. The Polaroid tube is just that...a tube, and supports no electronic connection between camera body and lens. In my book this is absolutely fine as long as what you are photographing is not moving and you have the time to make the necessary positional, exposure, and lighting corrections. Photographing jewelry in a static and controlled environment would be a good example.
5. The Canon tube, more like a thick ring actually (The ...Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I thought I only need to buy EF25 for my 24-70 f2.8 and 35mm F2 but I was totally wrong. This only works much better for the short focal length lens. Read morePublished 50 minutes ago by RUI QIANG
Made by Canon, so has to be good right........Wwell,,,,,it is!!!! Does the job in fine style!! Go Canon!!!Published 8 days ago by Bdady
Certainly more expensive than 3rd party options but has that great Canon quality build and reputation for excellence. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Dennis Swena
Used Adapter on a T4i DSLR Body with a Sigma 70-200 2.8 OS, Everything worked smoothly, Extension Tube did not affect AF speeds, Does what it's supposed to do!Published 2 months ago by M. Chou
Great Canon Extension Tube. Use with 100mm macro or other lenses. I also use with my Canon 800mm to allow a little closer focusing of my subjects, does not affect anything on the... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Dennis P
This Extension Tube works exactly as described. I was looking for a way to capture macro photos with my existing lenses. Read morePublished 6 months ago by A. Gossage