Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on February 28, 2013
I've used everything from Kodak (remember them?) to HP and Canon. Canon papers hold their colors MUCH longer, and the colors don't bleed or form edges between colors. I can't give it higher praise than that. I have photos that I printed on Canon glossy paper three years ago that do get some sunlight, and they have not faded. I have two images printed on HP paper with HP ink, and they've lost their color and definition.

Note that for years when I was using an SLR and Kodakchrome film, I insisted on Kodak processing. The prints held their color an definition for 10 years give or take. So I am not praising Canon just yet, and I'm not knocking other papers unless they've already shown deficiencies.

So, why four stars? 1. I rarely use 4x6, sticking pretty much to the 5x7. 2. It's expensive stuff - second only to the Canon ink - when you get better at photography and start printing out your best stuff (last year, I ran through 8 boxes of 5x7, and I was being careful). And 3. to get the best out of the paper, you really have to use Canon ink and the corresponding Canon printer. Printers are cheap; ink isn't. I figure that a 4x6 print costs me about 45¢, and a 5x7 as much as 90¢. I seem to be one of a very few who has figured out the true cost of paper and ink in the digital age. (There's also the additional cost after a year when you get a better shot, and have to print something new. I have only 10 photos hanging in my office, but I have over 175 in the drawer, all "favorites" when I printed them.) Oh, well, so long as ink and paper remain cheaper than a gallon of gas...
2 people found this helpful
on July 19, 2010
I'm using this paper with a Canon iP4700 printer. Granted, the paper is thinner than other brands, but I find this means easier, cleaner cuts. Even more, as I like to make colleagues, (putting a tacky spray on the back of the photos to allow for a smooth, ripple-free mounting,) this thin paper makes for excellent, seam-free, nearly invisible joinings. So, people doing photo crafts might wish to consider the handling benefits of this paper over thicker brands?

What impressed me more is the color! Yes, I'm using Canon inks as well! To appreciate the color difference, understand that I enjoy playing with light and shadow. I'd printed a number of photos on different paper (using this same printer and inks) but the shadow was so overwhelming that it actually muted entire features into darkness. To manipulate the brightness to bring these hidden features forth, would mean that the rest of the face would look washed out. I felt like I was between a rock and a hard place.

Reprinting those same photos on Canon glossy paper captured the features in shadow without lessening the warm flesh tones that are in the light. Who knew? I was impressed!

Now, I'm not a professional photographer - this is just a hobby to me. And, I'm sure $2.00 to $3.00 a sheet paper will certainly produce far better quality than this paper. But, for the money, I like the results.

Oh, and another feature I didn't factor in originally, but have since learned, "Hey, it happens!" Misprints - we all make mistakes. They won't hurt as much if it's this economical paper you're wasting.

I'm giving Canon glossy paper five stars simply because it hasn't disappointed me in any way.
5 people found this helpful
on January 13, 2014
I had been using an HP Business Inkjet printer and HP photo paper for a long time. I thought the prints were pretty good from the HP inkjet printer until I recently bought a Canon photo inkjet printer and some Canon photo paper with the Canon printer.

To make a long story short, the HP photo paper (whether used in my HP inkjet printer or my new Canon inkjet printer), is trash next to this Canon photo paper. The HP paper takes far too long to dry and ink pools on it for a long time. This Canon photo paper has a much nicer finish and the print quality seems much better to me, on top of the fact that ink does not pool on it and it dries much faster than the HP paper.

After trying this good Canon photo paper, I actually tossed out my remaining HP paper, never to use it again. I had trouble with every HP printer I'd ever bought (2 laser printers and 1 inkjet printer), and HP photo paper is trash next to this Canon photo paper. I definitely recommend this Canon photo paper.

I also tried some Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, and found that it has a slight "orange peel" texture to the surface of it and doesn't seem quite as glossy as this Canon Photo Paper Glossy.
on March 4, 2014
I had purchased this product on 7 prior occassions. I was always the same package with the curly-haired boy on the front, and it was always a "100 sheet" package.

The price was good, but the shipping was outrageous. No "free shipping" as on other prior orders, but a mandatory price of over $20.00 .

I ordered 10 packages, from UNIQUE PHOTO, and immediately started using the paper when it arrived. After a few packages, I noticed that these packages were "50 sheets" per package, not "100 sheets".

I contacted UNIQUE PHOTO, who offered to refund the money for the unused packages, but I would again have to pay their outrageous shipping fee.

I countered with the offer of settlement for an additional 4 packages of the 50 sheet paper. They refused, stating that "Amazon" would not allow them to make such a compromise.

I don't like the, in my opinion "deceptive packaging", by Canon, and I don't like, in my opinion the deceptive handling of the problem by UNIQUE PHOTO.

I hope this critique keeps others from making my same mistake.
VINE VOICEon October 2, 2009
This paper works very well for my photo printing needs. I've used it with my Canon PIXMA MX860 Wireless All-In-One Photo Printer, and I'm very happy with it. It's not quite as glossy as the Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy II 8.5in x 11, but it works quite well for what I need.

One thing I really appreciate about this paper is that while one side is glossy, the other is basically like card stock, so you can write notes on the back of photos, or you can fold your photos to use them as cards. This is good quality paper, for a very good price. I'm very happy with this style paper, and bought it in this, the 8.5 x 11, and in the 4 x 6 sizes. As far as I'm concerned this is all I think I'll ever need. It covers all of my home photo printing needs.
17 people found this helpful
on November 4, 2013
At the current Prime price ($12.50), this is a pretty good deal. Even 4x6 sheets (100 count) are running $10 per pack.

The print quality one gets from photo paper is far superior than just standard printing. Of course, your ink will take a hit, but if used sparingly, it is not bad. I also purchased a small page trimmer ($13) and along with that, I can get several pics printed from one sheet. I also get to choose what size I want. So with a little effort, it works out even better.

While having a preset paper size is nice, having the ability to create custom sizes is also nice. This pack of paper and the paper cutter cost me about $25 together, so I am satisfied.
VINE VOICEon September 15, 2009
This paper works very well for my photo printing needs. I've used it with my Canon PIXMA MX860 Wireless All-In-One Photo Printer, and I'm very happy with it. It's not quite as glossy as the Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, 4 x 6 Inches, 100 Sheets (2311B023), but it works quite well for what I need.

One thing I really appreciate about this paper is that while one side is glossy, the other is basically like card stock, so you can write notes on the back of photos, or you can fold your photos to use them as cards. This is good quality paper, for a very good price. I'm very happy with this, in the 4 x 6 and other sizes. It covers all of my home photo printing needs.
9 people found this helpful
on July 29, 2013
I bought it for the price. It is a little thinner than I had hoped for, but that did not matter for my uses.

I have an ageing Canon printer and even with non-Canon inks, it give the best photos I've ever had. I just set it to "Glossy photo paper", not "pro" paper or any of the others and it worked beautifully first time.

My own experience has been that even top quality photo paper does not seem to give as good results as paper from the same manufacturer as your printer. I read that sometimes in reviews and I have found it to be true.
on December 18, 2012
This is rated a 4 Star paper by Canon. But the printed results using my Canon printer rival my Canon and Ilford 5-Star papers. Its only real negative is that it is a very thin paper. But that makes it perfect for prints I keep as a record in binders using the vinyl slip-in pages. The thinness allows me to put a lot more pages in each binder. For any other uses I would recommend you get a thicker paper. I rated it 5-Star based on the value for my personal use. No other paper in this price range comes close to the print quality I am getting from this paper. But I am using a Canon printer so I cannot vouch for the results you might get using another brand.
One person found this helpful
on April 23, 2011
This paper is 45lb as stated on the package. Regular paper is about 20lb and card stock about 110lb. You get the idea... more than twice as heavy as paper but less than half that of card stock. For me it's the surface that matters and it works great on my PIXMA printers. I used this for a couple of greeting cards and it knocked my eyes out. The artwork jumped off the page and folding was easy, just the right weight. I have also used it for plexiglass photo framed brochures and the thinness is an advantage there as well. Sometimes you just don't need or can't afford professional grade paper and this fits the bill.