Canon PIXMA MG2220 Color Photo Printer with Scanner and Copier
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Print features include Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Printing, Calendar Print, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print, Fun Filter Effects, My Image Garden, Photo Printing and Quiet Mode
- Copy features include Borderless Copy, Fit-to-Page and Multiple Copy
- Scan features include Auto Scan Mode and Push Scan
- Quickly and easily change ink and add paper all from the front of the printer
- Hi-speed USB 2.0 interface, Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit, Mac OS X v10.5.8, 10.6, 10.7
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Canon PIXMA MG2220 Energy Star Inkjet Photo All-In-One Printer is great for printing documents and photos thanks to its hybrid ink system. Print gorgeous, borderless photos at home up to 8.5" x 11" size with a maximum print color resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi. You can change cartridges and add paper all from the front of the printer. My Image Garden software puts all of your favorite printing features into one convenient software application. Plus it adds great photo organization convenience with calendar view and facial recognition. It's also your creative coach as the software offers creative templates in various color combinations and patterns for your fun photo projects. My Image Garden also gives you access to CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM where you can download exclusive creative projects and content. And be sure to look for the Canon "Print Your Days" App on Facebook! You can create fun collages to print and share on your timeline.
From the Manufacturer
The PIXMA MG2220 Inkjet Photo All-In-One is great for printing documents and photos thanks to its hybrid ink system. Print gorgeous, borderless photos at home up to 8.5" x 11" size with a maximum print color resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi1 with the convenience and quality of Canon FINE ink cartridges. You can change the cartridges and add paper all from the front of the printer thanks to FastFront.
My Image Garden2 software puts all of your favorite printing features, such as Fun Filter Effects like Fish Eye and Blur Background, Full HD Movie Print3 and more all into one convenient software application. Plus, My Image Garden adds great photo organization convenience with calendar view and facial recognition. With your memories in one place it is easy to print beautiful, borderless photos to share and enjoy. It’s also your creative coach as the software offers creative templates in various color combinations and patterns for your fun photo projects. My Image Garden also gives you access to CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM4 where you can download exclusive creative projects and content. And be sure to look for the Canon "Print Your Days" App5 on Facebook. You can create fun collages to print and share on your timeline.
For the 9th year in a row, Canon U.S.A. is proud to have received the 2012 Readers' Choice Award for Service & Reliability from PCMag.com for Printers.*
*A trademark of Ziff Davis, Inc. Used under license. Reprinted with permission. Copyright. 2012 Ziff Davis, Inc. All rights reserved.
PIXMA MG2220 Inkjet Photo All-In-One
Reliable All-In-One with FastFront and Borderless6 Photo Printing
- My Image Garden software makes organizing and printing your photos fun and easy with great facial recognition, Fun Filters, Calendar Organization, Automatic Layout Suggestions and so much more!2
- FastFront feature makes is easy to change both ink and paper right from the front of the printer.
- Hybrid Ink System utilizes pigment black ink for crisp text, and color dye ink for beautiful photos.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
SPEED & QUALITY
This level of quality is achieved by 4800 x 1200 maximum color dpi3 thanks to Canon Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) with a patented print head firing ink droplets as small as 2pl. This delivers superb quality and detail in both your business documents and photos.
High Performance Ink Cartridges:
These two genuine Canon ink cartridges contain specially formulated inks for great document and photo quality. One is a Black cartridge for crisp text and one is a multi-color cartridge for beautiful photos. Both are easy to use and replace.
Beautiful, Borderless Photos Fast:
Print a borderless, 4" x 6" photo in approximately 44 seconds.7
This system combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select genuine Canon inks and select genuine Canon photo papers for beautiful borderless photos that will last up to 100 years when stored in an archival-quality photo album.8
EASE OF USE
My Image Garden:
My Image Garden software makes organizing and printing your photos fun and easy with great facial recognition, Fun Filters, Calendar Organization, Automatic Layout Suggestions and so much more!2
Full HD Movie Print:
Full HD Movie Print software turns HD movie clips captured with your compatible Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot cameras into beautiful photo prints.3
Fun Filter Effects:
Have all sorts of fun with your images by adding new effects such as: Fish Eye, Miniature, Toy Camera, Soft Focus and Blur Background before you print.
A new, convenient way to load your PIXMA printer with genuine Canon FINE ink cartridges and paper so you're ready to print as fast as ever.
Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES & BENEFITS
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit9
- Mac OS X v10.5.8, 10.6, 10.79
- PIXMA MG2220 Inkjet Photo All-In-One
- Manuals and other documents
- Setup CD-ROM
- FINE Cartidges: PG-240 Pigment Black Cartridge, CL-241 Dye Color Cartridge
- Power Cord
|PIXMA MG2220 |
Inkjet Photo All-In-One
|PIXMA MG3220 |
Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One
|PIXMA MG4220 |
Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One
|Functions||Print, Copy, Scan, Photo||Print, Copy, Scan, Photo||Print, Copy, Scan, Photo|
|Speed & Quality|
|ISO Print Speed (up to)10 / |
4" x 6" Borderless Photo7
|Print Resolution (up to)1 / |
Minimum Ink Droplet Size
|Ink Cartridges / Tanks|
|Ease of Use|
|Auto Duplex Print||-|
|My Image Garden Included2|
|Print Your Days5|
|Google Cloud Print||-||-|
|PIXMA Cloud Link||-||-|
|Direct Photo Printing||-|
GENUINE CANON INKS & PAPER
- Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/4800 inch at minimum.
- To install using Windows OS, .NET Framework 4 is required. Compatible still image formats are PDF (created using Canon PDF Creator only), JPEG (Exif), TIFF, and PNG. Compatible video formats are MOV (from select Canon digital cameras only) and MP4 (from select Canon digital camcorders only).
- "Full HD Movie Print" is available from "MOV" and "MP4" movie files created by select Canon EOS, PowerShot and Vixia digital cameras and camcorders. Requires a PC, or Mac with Intel processor and Canon ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later for "MOV" files, or Canon ImageBrowser EX 1.0 or later for "MOV" or "MP4" files.
- CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM is a premium content service available exclusively to users only when all of the colors of genuine Canon inks are installed.
- Print Your Days requires Microsoft Silverlight 5, an Internet connection and runs on Windows Internet Explorer 8, 9 and Google Chrome on a PC running Windows 7 or Windows Vista. Will also work in Firefox under Windows 7 (32-bit) and Windows Vista (32-bit).
- Envelopes and High Resolution Paper are NOT supported for borderless printing.
- Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed is measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage. See www.usa.canon.com/printspeed for additional information.
- Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions, and environmental factors. See www.usa.canon.com/chromalife100 for additional details.
- System requirements vary by application. For Mac OS, an Internet connection is required during software installation. For Windows OS, .NET Framework 4 is required to install My Image Garden, Quick Menu, and Easy-WebPrint EX software.
- ISO/IEC 24734, 24735 define the default print and copy speed measurement methods. Print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734, excluding time to print the first set. Copy speed is the average of FCOT, ISO/IEC 24735 Annex D. ADF copy speed is the average of ESAT in General Performance Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24735, excluding time to copy the first set. See our www.usa.canon.com/ipm for additional details.
- Easy-WebPrint EX requires Internet Explorer 7 or 8 for Windows, Internet Explorer 9 for Windows Vista SP2 (or later) or Windows 7, or Safari 4.0 - 5.0 for Mac OS X v10.5.8 - 10.6.x.
- Optical resolution is a measure of maximum hardware sampling resolution, based on ISO 14473 standard
- Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.usa.canon.com/support for details.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
*Got it for $30 from Walmart, so it's cheap.
*The software is not just spam like on Lexmark and HP printers. Their scanning software is the best I've ever used.
*You don't even need to download software to print in Windows 7. It's totally plug and play.
I will never buy another HP or Lexmark printer again after using a Canon.
This one doesn't have WIFI or ethernet support, but that's not something I need.
Honestly I really like this printer. It is light, it is easy to use, and the print quality is good.
The cons though:
BEWARE -- It is required to have a USB cable to plug into the computer, yet it does NOT come with one. I tried Best Buy and they had one for like $30. I wasn't going to pay that for a printer that cost almost that much (plus tax)! I looked here on Amazon again to see if I had overlooked the fact that it didn't come with something required to use this, and it never said anything about it. It just didn't have it on the list of items the printer comes with. For your average consumer (like me), this could be quite misleading and confusing. I finally found a cord for about $4, so I was able to hook it up to my computer easily after that.
The second con: I've only printed a few black & white typed essays (a total of about 10 pages I'd say) and already the ink level has dropped some. That makes me a little weary and it is why I'm only giving it 4 stars.
If this was going to be my permanent home printer, I honestly probably wouldn't choose this one, but it is perfect for the 6 months I need it for school.
The other small undesirabe feature is a paper tray extender that isn't long enough to keep printed pages from falling onto the floor. I solved that by drilling a hole in the end of the last segment of the paper catcher and the end of a small clear plastic ruler. Aligning these two holes and using a rivet as a pivot point, allows me to still collapse the whole thing and hide it away.
The print quality is good, timing is fast enough for me, however, I use fast mode and gray shading to save ink. No problems with the scanner, it's fast too. Did not purchase it for photo printing but CD helps organize photos and has facial recognition to organize photos by person which is new to me. Haven't used it tho.
The trays unfold forward adding ~5 x 13 more space. They are also cheaply made. The printer has moderate noice and has a cheaper sounding working quality than my previous ancient better made printer. Also no document feeder.
I like the flat top so I can rest my laptop or other stuff on top.
I've been using it for a month with about 1/4 ream without any problems. Very good value for the money...... at this time.