Canon PIXMA MG3120 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One (5289B019)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with your compatible Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot cameras into beautiful prints
- Collect, combine and edit multiple web pages to print your own layout using "Easy-WebPrint EX"
- Print photos from your compatible iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Android Devices with the free Easy-PhotoPrint printing app
- "Auto Photo Fix II" Automatically adjusts and corrects your photos
- Features Pigment Black Ink for crisp, sharp text
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
The PIXMA MG3120 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One delivers fantastic quality, versatility, and ease of use. Built-in Wi-Fi®1 technology allows you to easily print and scan wirelessly virtually anywhere around your house. Print gorgeous, borderless2 photos at home up to 8.5" x 11" size with a maximum print color resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi3 and the heralded FINE ink cartridges.
Print documents and web pages with crisp, clear text and vibrant colors while built-in Auto Duplex Printing allows you to automatically print on both sides of the paper and can help reduce paper usage and cost by up to 50%. Speaking of web printing, Easy-WebPrint EX lets you easily collect and combine multiple web pages to create and print your own layout.4 You can even turn your HD Movie clips into beautiful photos.5
View beautiful, easy-to-view scans by advanced image analysis and area-by-area data correction, automatically. Plus, you can print and scan jpeg and pdf files wirelessly from compatible iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Android devices6 while enjoying a new way to load your genuine Canon ink and paper.
| || |
PIXMA MG3120 W/PP-201 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One
Compact and stylish Wireless1 Photo All-In-One Printer
FEATURES & BENEFITS
SPEED & QUALITY
This level of quality is achieved by 4800 x 1200 maximum color dpi3 thanks to Canon Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) with a patented print head firing ink droplets as small as 2pl. This delivers superb quality and detail in both your business documents and photos.
High Performance Ink Cartridges:
These two genuine Canon ink cartridges contain specially formulated inks for great document and photo quality. One is a Black cartridge for crisp text and one is a multi-color cartridge for beautiful photos. Both are easy to use and replace.
Print Beautiful, Borderless Photos, Fast:
Print a borderless, 4" x 6" photo in approximately 44 seconds7.
Print Documents and Web Pages, Fast:
Print documents and web pages with fast speeds of 8.8 images per minute (ipm) for black and 5.0 images per minute (ipm) for color.8
This system combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select genuine Canon inks and select genuine Canon photo papers for beautiful borderless photos that will last up to 100 years when stored in an archival-quality photo album.9
EASE OF USE
Full HD Movie Print:
Full HD Movie Print software turns HD movie clips captured with your compatible Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot cameras into beautiful photo prints.5
Fun Filter Effects:
Have all sorts of fun with your images by adding new effects such as: Fish Eye, Miniature, Toy Camera, Soft Focus and Blur Background before you print.
Built-In Auto Duplex Printing:
Automatically print on both sides of the page without the hassle of turning it over manually. This saves you time, helps the environment and can cut your paper usage by up to 50%.
A new, convenient way to load your PIXMA printer with genuine Canon FINE ink cartridges and paper so you're ready to print as fast as ever.
Easily collect and combine multiple web pages to create and print your own layout.4
Auto Document Fix:
Auto Document Fix delivers beautiful, easy-to-view scans by advanced image analysis and area-by-area data correction, automatically. So, your document text can be darkened with pronounced edges for clear, sharp text that's easy to read, and pictures will maintain color tone and contrast.
Print and scan wirelessly1 from any Wi-Fi® enabled computer around the house.
Take full advantage of Canon's Wi-Fi® connectivity to unlock, print and share your stored images right on the spot. Print your photos wirelessly from compatible iPhone, iPod touch and Android devices.6
ADDITIONAL FEATURES & BENEFITS
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
| || |
|PIXMA MG2120 |
|PIXMA MG3120 |
Wireless Photo All-In-One
|PIXMA MG4120 |
Wireless Photo All-In-One
|Functions||Print, Copy, Scan, Photo||Print, Copy, Scan, Photo||Print, Copy, Scan, Photo|
|Speed & Quality|
|ISO Print Speed (up to)8 / |
4" x 6" Borderless Photo7
|Print Resolution (up to)3 / |
Minimum Ink Droplet Size
|Ink Cartridges / Tanks|
|Maximum Scan Resolution|
|Ease of Use|
|PIXMA Cloud Link||-||-|
|Auto Duplex Print||-|
|Fun Filter Effects Software Included|
|Full HD Movie Print Software Included5|
|Fun Printing Projects11|
|Direct Photo Printing6||-|
GENUINE CANON INKS & PAPER
- Wireless printing requires a working network with wireless 802.11b/g/n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
- Supported paper types for borderless printing are as follows: Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Photo Paper Pro II, Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss, Photo Paper Glossy and Matte Photo Paper.
- Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/4800 inch at minimum.
- Easy-WebPrint EX requires Internet Explorer 7 or 8 for Windows, Internet Explorer 9 for Windows Vista SP2 (or later) or Windows 7, or Safari 4.0 – 5.0 for Mac OS X v.10.5 – 10.6.x
- Full HD Movie Print allows printing from HD or Full HD "MOV" movie files created by Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot digital cameras. From PC, or Mac with Intel® processor. Print quality is determined by video resolution. Function does not upscale video resolution. Requires Canon ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later, or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later.
- Requires Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for iPhone app, available for free on the App StoreSM, or Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for Android app available for free in the Android Market. Compatible with iPad, iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, iPod touch and Android devices running Android OS 1.6 or later.
- Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage. See www.usa.canon.com/printspeed for additional details.
- ISO/IEC 24734, 24735 define the default print and copy speed measurement methods. Print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734, excluding time to print the first set. See www.usa.canon.com/ipm for additional details.
- Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions, and environmental factors. See www.usa.canon.com/chromalife100 for additional details.
- System requirements vary by application.
- To access CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM from a qualifying Canon printer, all of the software that came with the printer and the full set of compatible genuine Canon ink tanks must be properly installed.
- For network users, Auto Scan Mode is only available when scanning at a computer using MP Navigator EX software and selecting the 1-click feature then "save to PC".
- Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.usa.canon.com/support for details.
Top Customer Reviews
It installed very easily and went wireless quickly once it went through set-up using the USB cable (provided). To keep it wireless, you can remove the USB cable since it is only temporary for set-up. Printing pictures was very easy and they are beautiful - rich colors, very crisp images.
Scanning is easy too and offers images to be jpegs, PDFs or OCR (taking a typed document and changing it to editable text).
The only issue I had is that in searching for replacement cartridges - there are two, black and color, they are not only a little difficult to find but expensive at that. Canon direct only had the XL versions available for $49.99 (double pack - one of each). Currently, Staples, Office Max, and Costco do not carry the cartridges. Amazon carries them from a reseller (plus shipping). The regular cartridges run between $21 and $26 each and the XXL versions are even more. I'm not sure how much more the XXL versions last in comparison so documentation on that would be great.
*****UPDATE - February 1, 2012 - Amazon is currently stocking the replacement ink but although it is a little easier to order, the price for one color and one black cartridge in a double pack is still $50. *****
I know that this is nothing new to the printer industry. My previous HP Photosmart would run out of ink after a few photos (it seemed) and they were not cheap either (and there were 5 cartridges in that one compared to the two in the Canon PIXMA).
So, overall, I love the machine. I love the quality, features, and ease of use but the cartridge price and availability is a drawback.
Now for what it doesn't do. First, both the description and the label on the printer itself says "Plus, you can print and scan jpeg and pdf files wirelessly from compatible iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Android devices while enjoying a new way to load your genuine Canon ink and paper." Unfortunately, a quick check of the Apple AirPrint site will tell you that while many Cannon printers are AirPrint compatible, this one IS NOT. So, if you want to "...print and scan ... wirelessly from compatible iPad, iPhone, iPod touch..." you will need to spend $10 to purchase a program called FingerPrint. Then you will need to leave a computer running all the time with FingerPrint on it in order to print to this printer from your iPhone (I'm running an iPhone 4S, so they cannot claim that it would work with a newer device). Well, if you are running FingerPrint, you can print to ANY printer using your iPhone, so this is a blatant misrepresentation. Note, however, that if you just want to print photos, there is an app in the app store to do that. For documents, you'll need FingerPrint.
Next comes photo printing. The package includes a batch of 4x6 photo paper, and good luck using it, unless you just want to print someone's cheek. Using a combination of Picasa and Microsoft Image, I was unable to print a single photo properly. No matter how I set up the print job, the printer pulls the photo paper halfway through the roller before starting to print.Read more ›
When I first got this to review, I was thinking, "Oh, golly, another printer???" I have three already (that I have deemed worthy enough to keep) and I didn't need another one. I figured this meant I could give a pretty darned honest review. If anything, I'm really hard to please.
First, this thing is big. I know, it has to be, to have the scanner and all, but it is tall and relatively cumbersome to move.
It was difficult to remove from the box. I had to flip it upside down and carefully lift the box off of the printer. Don't let it tip over.
Once out, there is a TON of tape on this thing. Just when you think you've gotten all of the protective film, tape, and cardboard squares off, there is another one hiding. This is a good thing, because it has that very shiny, reflective finish, and you don't want to have scratches upon arrival. (A drawback to the glossy finish are the innumerable fingerprints and smudges that are apt to happen--you can see them in the photos and I was trying to keep it nice and pretty for you.)
Insert your CD with the software/drivers into your laptop...let it autorun.
As directed, plug it in and go...put the ink cartridges in (easy!) and have printer paper on hand for that test print.
I have set up so many printers, and yes, you can do it wirelessly--but it's ALWAYS easier to do with the USB cable. Without exception. So, I tried the wireless connection first (just for you all, folks!Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This wireless printer/scanner was purchased to replace a wired printer I had. The wireless capability is a humongous improvement. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Marie
Setting it up on my home network was a pain in the butt. It times out and goes to sleep if it hasn't been in use. This can get annoying when you want to print something remotely. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Sean Brown
I am highly satisfied with the performance of this printer. It has both quality and reliability.
Here are some of the things I really enjoy about it:
- Very good size... Read more
.... have NEVER been able to get to work on either my iPad or iphone. Really pissed....Published 8 months ago by AlexVogue
My old printer broke, so I need a new one. I was looking for a wifi printer which will allow me to print document without having to physically connect with the machine. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Tseng Tsai Hsiang
I'm definitely not impressed with this 2013 printer. Mine no longer works. The paper doesn't get sent through to print and it keeps telling me to insert paper. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Jason Madruga
I've been using this printer for light duty tasks in home office for 3 years. Works perfectly so far. Expensive cartridges but get's the job done.Published 10 months ago by Amazon Customer