Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Canon PIXMA MG3220 Wireless Color Photo Printer wi..." and save 47% off the $79.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $12.09 shipping
+ $11.93 shipping
Canon PIXMA MG3220 Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner and Copier (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Price:||$122.38 + $18.24 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Built-in automatic 2-sided printing helps the environment and can cut your paper usage by up to 50%
- AirPrint enabled! Print wirelessly from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch directly to your MG3220, no drivers needed!
- My Image Garden software makes organizing and printing your photos fun and easy with great facial recognition, Fun Filters, Calendar Organization, Automatic Layout Suggestions and so much more!
- FastFront feature makes is easy to change both ink and paper right from the front of the printer
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compact Wireless All-In-One featuring Auto Duplex Printing
From the Manufacturer
The PIXMA MG3220 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One delivers excellent quality and convenience in a compact package. Built-in Wi-Fi1 technology allows you to easily print and scan wirelessly virtually anywhere around your house. Built-in AirPrint2 compatibility allows you to print right from your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch wirelessly and with virtually no setup! Print gorgeous, borderless photos at home up to 8.5" x 11" size with a maximum print color resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi3, not to mention the convenience and quality of Canon FINE ink cartridges. You can change the cartridges and add paper all from the front of the printer thanks to FastFront.
Print documents and web pages with crisp, clear text and vibrant colors while built-in Auto Duplex Printing allows you to automatically print on both sides of the paper and can help reduce paper usage by up to 50%. Speaking of web printing, Easy-WebPrint EX4 lets you easily collect and combine multiple web pages to create and print your own layout.
My Image Garden software5 puts all of your favorite printing features, such as Fun Filter Effects like Fish Eye and Blur Background, Full HD Movie Print6 and more all into one convenient software application. Plus, My Image Garden adds great photo organization convenience with calendar view and facial recognition. With your memories in one place it is easy to print beautiful, borderless photos to share and enjoy. It’s also your creative coach as the software offers creative templates in various color combinations and patterns for your fun photo projects. My Image Garden also gives you access to CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM7 where you can download exclusive creative projects and content.
With the Canon iEPP app8 you can also print and scan JPG and PDF files from compatible iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android devices. And be sure to look for the Canon "Print Your Days" App9 on Facebook! You can create fun collages to print and share on your timeline.
For the 9th year in a row, Canon U.S.A. is proud to have received the 2012 Readers' Choice Award for Service & Reliability from PCMag.com for Printers.*
*A trademark of Ziff Davis, Inc. Used under license. Reprinted with permission. Copyright. 2012 Ziff Davis, Inc. All rights reserved.
PIXMA MG3220 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One
Compact Wireless1 All-In-One featuring Auto Duplex Printing
- Built-in automatic 2-sided printing helps the environment and can cut your paper usage by up to 50%
- AirPrint enabled! Print wirelessly from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch directly to your MG3220, no drivers needed!2
- My Image Garden software makes organizing and printing your photos fun and easy with great facial recognition, Fun Filters, Calendar Organization, Automatic Layout Suggestions and so much more!5
- FastFront feature makes is easy to change both ink and paper right from the front of the printer.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
SPEED & QUALITY
This level of quality is achieved by 4800 x 1200 maximum color dpi3 thanks to Canon Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) with a patented print head firing ink droplets as small as 2pl. This delivers superb quality and detail in both your business documents and photos.
High Performance Ink Cartridges:
These two genuine Canon ink cartridges contain specially formulated inks for great document and photo quality. One is a Black cartridge for crisp text and one is a multi-color cartridge for beautiful photos. Both are easy to use and replace.
Beautiful, Borderless Photos Fast:
Print a borderless, 4" x 6" photo in approximately 44 seconds.10
This system combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select genuine Canon inks and select genuine Canon photo papers for beautiful borderless photos that will last up to 100 years when stored in an archival-quality photo album.11
EASE OF USE
My Image Garden:
My Image Garden software makes organizing and printing your photos fun and easy with great facial recognition, Fun Filters, Calendar Organization, Automatic Layout Suggestions and so much more!5
Full HD Movie Print:
Full HD Movie Print software turns HD movie clips captured with your compatible Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot cameras into beautiful photo prints.6
Fun Filter Effects:
Have all sorts of fun with your images by adding new effects such as: Fish Eye, Miniature, Toy Camera, Soft Focus and Blur Background before you print.
Built-In Auto Duplex Printing:
Automatically print on both sides of the page without the hassle of turning it over manually. This can reduce your paper consumption and cost by up to 50%.
A new, convenient way to load your PIXMA printer with genuine Canon FINE ink cartridges and paper so you're ready to print as fast as ever.
Print and scan wirelessly1 from any Wi-Fi® enabled computer around the house.
Take advantage of Wi-Fi connectivity and print what you see on your compatible iPad, iPhone or iPod touch to a compatible Canon PIXMA Wireless All-in-One. Print photos, emails, web pages and other documents directly to these devices whether you're in another room or in a different section of the house. No need to install drivers, saving you time and creating a seamless user experience.2
Mobile Device Printing:
Take full advantage of Canon's Wi-Fi® connectivity to unlock, print and share your stored images right on the spot. Print your photos wirelessly from compatible iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Android devices.9
ADDITIONAL FEATURES & BENEFITS
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit12
- Mac OS X v10.5.8, 10.6, 10.712
- PIXMA MG3220 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One
- Manuals and other documents
- Setup CD-ROM
- FINE Cartidges: PG-240 Pigment Black Cartridge, CL-241 Dye Color Cartridge
- Power Cord
- USB Cable
|PIXMA MG2220 |
Inkjet Photo All-In-One
|PIXMA MG3220 |
Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One
|PIXMA MG4220 |
Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One
|Functions||Print, Copy, Scan, Photo||Print, Copy, Scan, Photo||Print, Copy, Scan, Photo|
|Speed & Quality|
|ISO Print Speed (up to)13 / |
4" x 6" Borderless Photo10
|Print Resolution (up to)3 / |
Minimum Ink Droplet Size
|Ink Cartridges / Tanks|
|Ease of Use|
|Auto Duplex Print||-|
|My Image Garden Included5|
|Print Your Days9|
|Google Cloud Print||-||-|
|PIXMA Cloud Link||-||-|
|Direct Photo Printing8||-|
GENUINE CANON INKS & PAPER
- Wireless printing requires a working Ethernet network with wireless 802.11b/g or n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
- Printer firmware update may be necessary for AirPrint function. Certain exceptions may apply. A PC running Windows XP or later or A Mac running OS 10.5.8 or later and USB cable required to perform firmware update. AirPrint functionality requires an iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
- Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/4800 inch at minimum.
- Easy-WebPrint EX requires Internet Explorer 7 or 8 for Windows, Internet Explorer 9 for Windows Vista SP2 (or later) or Windows 7, or Safari 4.0 - 5.0 for Mac OS X v10.5.8 - 10.6.x.
- To install using Windows OS, .NET Framework 4 is required. Compatible still image formats are PDF (created using Canon PDF Creator only), JPEG (Exif), TIFF, and PNG. Compatible video formats are MOV (from select Canon digital cameras only) and MP4 (from select Canon digital camcorders only).
- "Full HD Movie Print" is available from "MOV" and "MP4" movie files created by select Canon EOS, PowerShot and Vixia digital cameras and camcorders. Requires a PC, or Mac with Intel processor and Canon ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later for "MOV" files, or Canon ImageBrowser EX 1.0 or later for "MOV" or "MP4" files.
- CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM is a premium content service available exclusively to users only when all of the colors of genuine Canon inks are installed.
- Requires Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for iPhone app, available for free on the App Store, or Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for Android app available for free on Google Play. Compatible with iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, iPod touch and Android devices running Android OS 1.6 or later.
- Print Your Days requires Microsoft Silverlight 5, an Internet connection and runs on Windows Internet Explorer 8, 9 and Google Chrome on a PC running Windows 7 or Windows Vista. Will also work in Firefox under Windows 7 (32-bit) and Windows Vista (32-bit).
- Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed is measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage. See www.usa.canon.com/printspeed for additional information.
- Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions, and environmental factors. See www.usa.canon.com/chromalife100 for additional details.
- System requirements vary by application. For Mac OS, an Internet connection is required during software installation. For Windows OS, .NET Framework 4 is required to install My Image Garden, Quick Menu, and Easy-WebPrint EX software.
- ISO/IEC 24734, 24735 define the default print and copy speed measurement methods. Print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734, excluding time to print the first set. Copy speed is the average of FCOT, ISO/IEC 24735 Annex D. ADF copy speed is the average of ESAT in General Performance Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24735, excluding time to copy the first set. See our www.usa.canon.com/ipm for additional details.
- For network users, Auto Scan Mode is available only when scanning at a computer using MP Navigator EX software and selecting the 1-click feature then "Save to PC".
- Envelopes and High Resolution Paper are NOT supported for borderless printing.
- Optical resolution is a measure of maximum hardware sampling resolution, based on ISO 14473 standard
- Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.usa.canon.com/support for details.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Lots to like about this printer. Well designed, loads of features. Keeping it fed is the problem.
If it starts to feel like an expensive drug habit, see "8 ways to lower your ink costs" below.
Or consider the Brother MFCJ870DW which cooperates with value-priced 3rd party inks. (Although its photo colors are not as good even with genuine Brother ink.)
- - - Ink Cost: It Adds Up - - -
This little $60 printer may cost you $1000+ over a 5 year period. With easy $45 installments, Canon hopes you won't do the supply-gouge math.
To get the party started ASAP, Canon ships the printer with cartridges that are 30% and 45% full. (Or 70% and 55% empty if you prefer. See Note 1 for Canon ink details.)
The ink refills (240 and 241 series) include a chip and the actual print heads. This discourages knock-offs. (It also means any print head problem is easily solved with a new cartridge.) You can refill the cartridges with 3rd party refill kits, but apparently you also need a chip reset if you want the refilled cartridge to report ink levels correctly.
- - - PROs and CONs - - -
- Lots of handy features
- Print quality seems good
- WiFi connect (requires wireless router)
- Print directly from iPhone, iPad, iPod
- Clean, attractive design
- Ease to use: buttons are easy to read, and make sense
- 1 year warranty
- Setup: Reasonably easy, with some confusing moments
- Owner manual: On CD. No printed manual. Good navigation, reasonably clear and complete
- Footprint is 16" x 17.6" (12" x 17.6" when paper tray not in use.)
- Black exterior - shows dust
- Standby power: 1.65 watts with (WiFi on). Zero or unmeasurable wattage when switched off.
* Expensive ink (like most inkjet printers. See Note 3)
* High-tech cartridges make 3rd party ink much more difficult
- Combined 3-color cartridge - 10% to 30% of color ink may be wasted
- No hard-wired networking option
- Auto shut-off: Nice energy-saving idea, but doesn't work in most situations (see Note 2).
- - - Alternatives - - -
- Brother MFCJ870DW (cooperates with 3rd party inks)
- Epson Artisan 730 (cartridge chips thwart 3rd party ink suppliers)
- - - Eight ways to lower your ink costs - - -
1. Buy a printer that uses more affordable inks. Step 1: Discover a planet where printer companies charge their ink customers less than 800% of manufacturing cost. If that's too much trouble, get the Brother MFCJ870DW and use 3rd party cartridges.
2. Own a laser printer and use it most of the time. The Brother MFC7860DW,Brother HL-2270DW, and their siblings have the lowest supply cost around. About 1-2 cents per page vs 12-25 cents per (non-photo) page for most inkjets.
3. Inconvenience is your friend. On the off chance that your kids, spouse, or office staff don't know or care about what things cost, put your color printer off the beaten path. Upstairs...powered off...barbed wire...you get the idea. It's a silent reminder that the color printer is not for random everyday use.
4. Buy the XL and XXL cartridges. The cheaper PG-240 and CL-241 are twice as expensive per milliliter of ink.
5. Preview each print job and reduce the page range when possible. Especially when printing Web pages.
6. Shrink your printing...2 pages-to 1, 4-to-1 etc. when it make sense. Make sure everybody knows how easy this is to do.
7. Holiday letters: 20% to 50% of your loved ones would be happier with an emailed holiday letter. Print your letter to a pdf file with the free and easy-to-use CutePDF software.
8. Ink Refill Kits: ND Brand Refill ink kit for Canon PG-240, CL-241,ND 1000ml refill ink kit for Canon PG-240 CL-241, etc. They drop your ink cost to 1/10 or 1/30 of Canon cost. But they're kind of a hassle, there are not many reviews yet, and apparently your refilled cartridge will not report ink levels correctly without a chip reset. Quality seems unknown at this point. Also, if your cartridge print head wears out after a few refills, the savings will be less than stated above.
- - - Notes - - -
Note 1: Canon Ink Choices: PG-240 and CL-241 are starter cartridges - 30% and 45% full. PG-240XL and CL-241XL give you about 1.7 to 2.2 times as many pages. That's about 300-400 standard (ISO/IEC 24712) test pages. PG-240XXL is a fully topped off Black cartridge that gives about 3.3 times the output of a PG-240. There is no XXL color cartridge. For more detail, google "Canon Inkjet page yields".
Note 2: Auto shut off is easily set for 15 to 240 minutes (or Never) but mine never shuts off. Apparently because "The Auto power off setting is invalid when using the machine via network."
Note 3: Ink Cost Studies: QualityLogic's impressive side-by-side comparison of ink costs (per page) says this model's ink cost is higher than average, but their numbers do not reflect savings from XL and XXL cartridges. It's going to take more digging to do a fair comparison. Google "QualityLogic ink cost analysis".
~~~ Comments & questions welcome ~~~
Pretty much basic for a printer. Although Windows 7 didn't have drivers for the printer, the CD included did.
Connection to the PC was uneventful. There is a USB cable provided but you can connect via WiFI.
SMALL FOOTPRINT/size for a printer + scanner:
This is a good choice if you don't want a huge printer taking up a lot of desk space. It is about the same size as my previous printer BUT it includes a scanner.
-(aka double sided) printing. - for things such as archived TAX RETURNS.
It has very good photo and document print quality. Don't forget to ALIGN the print heads!
When you replace the cartridge, you also replace the -heads- so the print quality doesn't deteriorate from extended use or time.
There are only two (1-black and 1-color)cartridges so you aren't having to replace a a single cartridge as often.
SIMPLE CONTROL PANEL:
Easy to use control panel without multiple menus to complicate what should be a simple job.
(YES-PRO & CON) When you replace the cartridge, you also replace the -heads-. So you will pay MORE for ink cartridges. You may have to replace a color cartridge before all the colors are out.
The software that is included is pretty much useless. What I like to do when printing pictures is print four pictures on a standard 8 1/2" x 11" sheet. (for obvious reasons - printing on separate 4" x 6" will cost you much more) The software provided, My Image Garden) does not allow this.
However, other Canon software does. The product is EASYPHOTOPRINT and it works with this printer.
If you want a small footprint printer/scanner this might fit your needs.
This has an easy to use control panel for offline use but if you want a color LCD screen this is not the printer for you.
I am very disappointed by the ink use. Having used the printer for a while I can report that after printing exactly -10- 81/2x11 sheets of photos, the color ink ran out!
I don't know how much more ink is in the XL cartridges or how much longer they last but the cost per page is very expensive at that rate.
UPDATE: After installing a NEW ink cartridge I found that the one shipped with the printer was lacking in ink quantity. AND - there are now re-ink kits available should you choose to use them.
This Canon printer does everything possible to prevent generic cartridges or refills from being operational. Low ink status cannot be eliminated with a reset: it wants you to empty your wallet and feed it a brand-new Canon official ink cartridge!
DO NOT BUY this printer, especially because of the low price. This printer ONLY makes sense for someone who occasionally prints a page or two, and prints less than 100 pages per year. Any slightly higher level of printing means you are wasting your money on this product and the cash flow for ink.
Most recent customer reviews
PRO: fast printing
CON: expensive ink, near the end lost wireless capability,...Read more
This gem has a waste ink recovery pad.
It has an internal counter that tells you when to clean the pads.Read more