Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Canon PIXMA MG5220 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-in-On..." and save 33% off the $149.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Canon PIXMA MG5220 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-in-One (4502B017)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Maximum 9600 x 2400 color dpi with microscopic droplets as small as 1 picoliter
- All new Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with your compatible Canon EOS Digital SLR
- Built-in 2-sided printing helps the environment and can cut your paper usage by up to 50%
- Print your photos wirelessly from compatible iPhone 3G, 3GS, iPod touch, and iPad models
- Borderless 4" x 6" photo in approx. 20 seconds. 5 individual ink cartridges are required for this item.
There is a newer model of this item:
Usually ships within 1 to 2 months.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Advanced Wireless Photo All-In-One Printer with 2.4" LCD
From the Manufacturer
Canon PIXMA MG5220 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One: Advanced Wireless. The PIXMA MG5220 is an advanced wireless inkjet photo all-in-one with a stylish, compact design delivering a fantastic combination of performance and convenience. Built-in Wi-Fi lets you easily print and scan wirelessly around the house plus the ability to print your photos from compatible iPhone, iPod touch and Android devices1,4. Enjoy superior 9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi2 with 1pl and a 5 individual ink tank system to print beautiful borderless photos up to 8.5" x 11" or crisp documents with incredible quality while only replacing the ink color you need. 1 Photo All-In-One Printer with 2.4" LCD
Canon PIXMA MG5220 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One
Advanced Wireless1 Photo All-In-One Printer with 2.4" LCD
Enjoy superior 9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi2 with 1pl and a 5 individual ink tank system to print beautiful borderless photos up to 8.5" x 11" or crisp documents with incredible quality while only replacing the ink color you need.
For the first time in home photo printing you can print still photographs from your captured HD movies with extraordinary technology called Full HD Movie Print. The all new Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with your Canon EOS Digital SLR or Powershot cameras into beautiful prints3! Built-in Auto Duplex Printing allows you to easily print on both sides of the paper without having to manually turn it over. This feature can help reduce your paper consumption by up to 50% so you can save money and help the environment all at the same time. Preview your images before you print on a 2.4" LCD while automatically correcting your photos with Auto Photo Fix II.
For your scanning needs, Auto Document Fix automatically delivers advanced image analysis and area-by-area data correction for text that’s easy to read, and pictures that maintain color tone and contrast. While Auto Scan Mode automatically recognizes the type of original you’re scanning, then scans and saves with the appropriate settings.6 Enjoy added computer-free photo printing versatility via compatible memory cards, USB Flash Memory Drives, PictBridge and optional Bluetooth devices.7
FEATURES & BENEFITS
SPEED & QUALITY
Realize the power of 9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi2 firing with 1pl. Benefit? Incredible quality and detail in both your business documents and photos.
High Performance Five Individual Ink Tank System:
This 5-color ink system consists of four dye-based inks including a pigment-based black ink to produce exceptionally crisp, laser-quality text. Plus, only replace the color ink tank that runs out.
Print Beautiful, Borderless Photos Fast:
Print a borderless, 4" x 6" in approximately 20 seconds.8
EASE OF USE
Full HD Movie Print:
The all new Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with your Canon EOS Digital SLR or Powershot cameras into beautiful prints.3
Built-In Auto Duplex Printing:
Automatically print on both sides of the page without the hassle of turning it over manually. This saves you time, helps the environment and can cut your paper usage by up to 50%.
Easily and quickly access and select the various features available for faster operation.
Easily view, select and edit your images for simple computer-free printing. No downloading needed, just pick your pic and print!
Auto Photo Fix II:
This built-in technology automatically categorizes your images into one of five types - Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, and Snapshot with Night Scenery - then applies optimal image and multi-zone exposure correction. So, unexposed areas of the photo will be optimized, area by area and faces that are backlit and under-exposed will automatically be brightened with correct color cast to help ensure more accurate skin tones for gorgeous images.
Auto Document Fix:
The all-new Auto Document Fix delivers beautiful, easy-to-view scans by advanced image analysis and area-by-area data correction, automatically. So, your document text can be darkened with pronounced edges for clear, sharp text that’s easy to read, and pictures will maintain color tone and contrast.
Auto Scan Mode:
Automatically recognizes the type of original, then scans and saves the suitable settings.6
Print what you want off the web, easily. Easy-WebPrintEX allows you to create your own layout, take different sections of different websites and put them all on one page. Move, resize and trim your clips, insert notes and edit text, make it a portrait or landscape, print up to 3 columns on a page and even save the layout as a PDF file.13
Powering up your printer is now faster than ever. After pressing the power button you can begin inputting commands in mere seconds. So, full operation is possible in a much shorter time.
2-Way Paper Feeding:
To add to your options this feature lets you load paper from the front cassette or rear tray so whether your office or photo lab is open, you’re ready to print!
Print or scan wirelessly from any Wi-Fi enabled computer around the house.1
Smart Phone Printing:
Take full advantage of Canon’s fantastic Wi-Fi printing technology to unlock, print and share your stored images right on the spot. Print your photos wirelessly from compatible iPhone, iPod touch and Android devices with the free iEPP Photo Printing app.4
Memory Cards / USB / PictBridge & Optional Bluetooth:Don’t feel like using a computer? No problem. Just insert a compatible memory card into the built in card slot, select images on the LCD display, and print! Thanks to a PictBridge connection you can also print photos directly from your digital camera, DV camcorder or camera phone. Plus, you can print from the optional BU-30 wireless Bluetooth unit.7,9,11
Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES & BENEFITS
Fast Document Printing:
Print black and white, and color documents in the official print speed measure (images per minute) for one, four page Excel document, one, four page Word document and one, four page PDF document.11
Optical Scanning Resolution:
Produces high quality, 2400 x 4800 dpi scans for incredible image detail.
An Incredible Imaging System:
Use genuine Canon dye inks and paper to give your photos a 300-year album storage with bright colors, high ink density, fade resistance and an expanded color gamut.
Stay True To The Original:
This built-in technology automatically optimizes your copy quality based on the type of original you’re copying.
Print Without Borders:
Print gorgeous, edge-to-edge, borderless photos on a wide variety of paper sizes and types.
- Windows® 7,Windows Vista®, Windows XP/200012
- Mac OS® X v. 10.4.11 to 10.6.x12
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- PIXMA MG5220 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One
- Document Kit: Cross Sell Sheet, Getting Started, Important Information Sheet, Network Setup Troubleshooting, Paper Feed Caution Sheet, Read Before Setting Up Sheet, Setup Software
- Ink Tanks: PGI-225 Pigment Black, CLI-226 (Cyan/Magenta/Yellow/Black)
- Power Cord
- Print Head
- Bonus Paper (PP-201, 5 sheets)
- Sample Media (4" x 6"/3 sheets)
|PIXMA MP280 |
|PIXMA MP495 |
Wireless Photo All-In-One
|PIXMA MG5220 |
Wireless Photo All-In-One
|Functions||Print, Copy, Scan, Photo||Print, Copy, Scan, Photo||Print, Copy, Scan, Photo|
|Speed & Quality|
|ISO Print Speed (up to)11 / |
4" x 6" Borderless Photo8
|Print Resolution (up to)2 / |
Minimum Ink Droplet Size
|Ink Cartridges / Tanks|
|Maximum Scan Resolution|
|Ease of Use|
|Advanced Media Handling||-||-|
|Full HD Movie Print Software Included3|
|Fun Printing Projects|
|Direct Photo Printing3,7,9,11||-|
GENUINE CANON INKS & PAPER
- Wireless printing requires a working network with wireless 802.11 b/g or n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients
- Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed within a horizontal pitch of 1/9600 inch at minimum.
- "Full HD Movie Print" is available from "MOV" movie files created by Canon digital cameras. From PC or Mac with Intel® processor. Requires ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later, or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later.
- Requires Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for iPhone app, available for free from the App Store or Canon Easy Photo-Print for Android App available for free in the Android Market. Compatible with iPhone 3G, 3G5, 4, iPod touch and Android devices running on Android OS 1.6 or later.
- Supported paper types for borderless printing are as follows: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss, Photo Paper Glossy and Matte Photo Paper.
- For network users, Auto Scan Mode is only available when scanning at a computer using MP Navigator EX software and selecting the 1-click feature then "save to PC".
- Requires mobile phone equipped with PictBridge technology and a USB cable. Requires mobile phone (or other device) equipped with Bluetooth v2.0 technology and optional Canon Bluetooth Unit BU-30. Bluetooth operation depends on the device and software version used. Operating distance is approx. 10 meters but may vary due to obstacles, radio signals, locations where radio interference occurs, magnetic fields from microwave ovens, device sensitivity and/or antenna performance.
- Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage. See www.usa.canon.com/printspeed for additional details.
- Requires mobile phone equipped with PictBridge technology and a USB cable.
- ISO/IEC 24734, 24735 define the default print and copy speed measurement methods. Print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734, excluding time to print the first set. See our website at ww.usa.canon.com/ipm for additional details.
- Compatible memory cards include SDTM Memory Card, SDHCTM, MultiMediaCard® (v4.1), MultiMediaCard® Plus (v4.1), CompactFlash® Card, Microdrive®, Memory Stick®, Memory Stick PROTM, Memory Stick DuoTM and Memory Stick PRO DuoTM. The following can be used with the addition of a special adapter sold separately: miniSDTM Card, miniSDHCTM, microSDTM Card, microSDHCTM, RS-MMCTM (v4.1), Memory Stick Micro, xD-Picture Card®, xD-Picture Card® (Type M), and xD-Picture Card® (Type H).
- System requirements vary by application.
- Compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 in Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP only. Not included on installation CD. Requires internet connection during installation.
- Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.usa.canon.com/support for details.
Top customer reviews
Copy, print and scan quality all meet my high standards. A copy is hard to distinguish from the page it is copied from. Text is crisp and easy to read, and the duplex (double-sided) printing is a boon. Borderless photos are crisp and clear with good color saturation and accurate tonality. Scan detail is superb and the reproduction very accurate. The lower paper cassette and rear feed both hold plenty of paper. In fact, I am hard pressed to find anything not to like about this all-in-one. Sure, the cost to replace all of the ink cartridges (with Canon approved versions) is more than half the cost of the printer, but that is sadly the norm the days. I can't speak to it's longevity or how it will operate over time, but if it is anything like the IP3000, then I am hopeful.
For personal use or a small home office that wants a compact all-in-one that copies, prints and scans quickly and with quality, then the Cannon PIXMA MG5220 should be on your short list.
EDIT(01/12/2011): After about 3 months of use, and printing a lot of photos for the holidays, the colored inks that came with the printer ran out. The blacks are still going strong, though it won't print without the colored ones being replaced (even B&W).
EDIT(01/31/2011): I just wanted to clarify that while the colors are low, only one needed immediate replacing. The rest are hanging in there and the black ink levels still appear good.
I bought this printer because my one-year old HP quit printing photos after I upgraded to Mac OS X Snow Leopard. I decided to give Canon a try. I will never buy another HP again. I liked their print quality, but they "abandon" you with driver support way too fast. Plus this Canon is easily 4x faster. And for $149, well what is there to complain about? I cannot comment on the ink usage, since I just got it, but I will update this review after a couple of months use.
Bye, bye HP, hello Canon!
11/10/2010. Update: Thanks to S. Hans I just found out that the printer allow you to switch your printing options to print from the first or last page. You can even print 2 to 4 pages in one. Further, I will like to add that the second cartridge that I had to replace, the yellow (about $13), was after about 150 printed pages on both sides, plus, about 50 in one side only.
Needless to say, I've been disappointed with this product because there's no place to get this issue resolved. Canon and most printer companies want the consumer to buy a new product rather than help them get the product they have working again.
If anyone has any advice on how to get the MG220 working, I'm all ears!
I'm not buying Canon any longer. It's as if they make their printers to time out after a certain period of time. My printer was mint condition and all of a sudden after 2 years with minimal use, stopped printing. Last Canon printer I'll buy, as long as I can avoid it.