Canon PIXMA MG6220 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-in-One Printer (5292B002)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The Intelligent Touch System allows you to effortlessly operate your machine with gorgeous touch sensitive buttons
- Six individual ink system featuring gray ink for professional looking black & white photos
- Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with your compatible
- Professional color adjustment feature with the included Easy-PhotoPrint Pro software
- Built-in CD/DVD Printing
- Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot cameras into beautiful prints
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
The beautiful PIXMA MG6220 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One delivers superior quality, versatility, and ease of use. Built-in Wi-Fi®1 technology allows you to easily print and scan wirelessly virtually anywhere around your house. For a genuine interactive imaging experience, Canon's Intelligent Touch System transforms the top of your printer into a sleek, responsive touch panel so only the buttons you need light up.
Print gorgeous, borderless2 photos at home up to 8.5" x 11" size with a maximum print color resolution of 9600 x 2400 dpi3 and six individual ink tanks including a gray ink for professional color and black & white photos. Enjoy a new sphere of printing options as PIXMA Cloud Link4 lets you conveniently print pictures from online photo albums Canon image Gateway and Google Picasa as well as templates including seasonal stationary and calendars from wherever you are to wherever a compatible Canon PIXMA Wireless All-in-One is, without a computer. Also included is the ability to print select Google DocsTM and GmailTM attachments from any accessible device, further adding to your wireless versatility.13 Have all new sorts of fun with your images by adding Fun Filter Effects like Fish Eye, Miniature, Toy Camera, Soft Focus and Blur Background before you print. The MG6220 also lets you print on your printable CD, DVD and Blu-ray Discs and jackets. Plus, you can even you turn your HD Movie clips into beautiful photos5 while built-in Auto Duplex Printing allows you to automatically print on both sides of the paper, which can help reduce paper usage and cost by up to 50%.
View beautiful, easy-to-view scans by advanced image analysis and area-by-area data correction, automatically. Plus, you can print and scan jpeg and pdf files wirelessly from compatible iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Android devices6. Also enjoy direct printing options from compatible memory cards7, USB Flash Drives8, PictBridge and optional Bluetooth devices9.
| || |
PIXMA MG6220 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One
High Performance Wireless1 Photo All-In-One Featuring the Intelligent Touch System, Gray Ink and Built-In Auto Duplex Printing
FEATURES & BENEFITS
SPEED & QUALITY
9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi3 firing with 1pl produces incredible quality and detail in both your borderless photos, crafts, business documents and web pages.
High Performance, Six Individual Ink Tank System:
This 6-color ink system consists of five dye-based inks including a dedicated gray ink for professional-looking black & white and color photos. A pigment-based black ink produces exceptionally crisp text. Plus, only replace the color ink tank that runs out.
Print Beautiful, Borderless Photos, Fast:
Print a borderless, 4" x 6" photo in approximately 20 seconds10.
Print Documents and Web Pages, Fast:
Print documents and web pages with fast speeds of 12.5 images per minute (ipm) for black and 9.3 images per minute (ipm) for color11.
This system combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select genuine Canon inks and select genuine Canon photo papers for beautiful borderless photos that will last up to 300 years when stored in an archival-quality photo album12.
EASE OF USE
Intelligent Touch System:
This button navigation system allows you to effortlessly operate your machine with gorgeous touch sensitive controls.
Full HD Movie Print:
Full HD Movie Print software turns HD movie clips captured with your compatible Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot cameras into beautiful photo prints5
Built-in CD and DVD Printing:
Conveniently print labels onto your printable CD, DVD and Blu- ray Discs.
Fun Filter Effects:
Have all new sorts of fun with your images by adding new effects such as: Fish Eye, Miniature, Toy Camera, Soft Focus and Blur Background before you print.
Built-In Auto Duplex Printing:
Automatically print on both sides of the page without the hassle of turning it over manually. This saves you time, helps the environment and can cut your paper usage by up to 50%.
Easily view, select and edit your images for simple computer-free printing. No downloading or computer needed, just pick your picture and print!
Print and scan wirelessly from any Wi-Fi® enabled computer around the house.1
Wirelessly print photos, email, web pages, documents, and more from compatible iPad, Phone, or iPod touch devices to compatible Canon PIXMA Wireless All-In-One. There's no software to download, no drivers to install, and no cables to connect. Just see it, tap it, and print it.2
Google Cloud Print:18
Allows users to print from Gmail and Google Docs on a mobile device, and from Google Chrome browser for Mac, Windows, Linux, and Chrome devices. With Google Cloud Print, you can print from wherever you are, from applications you use every day. You can even share your home and work printers with anyone you choose.
PIXMA Cloud Link:
Conveniently print pictures from online photo albums Canon Image Gateway and Picasa as well as templates including seasonal stationary, and calendars from a compatible Canon PIXMA Wireless All-in-One.4 Print select Google DocsTM and GmailTM attachments from any accessible device, further adding to your wireless your wireless versatility.13
This wired LAN interface lets you connect to a home or office network, with connected computers sharing the power of this versatile machine, each being able to display the printer's status at any moment.
Mobile Device Printing:
Take full advantage of Canon's Wi-Fi® connectivity to unlock, print and share your stored images right on the spot. Print your photos wirelessly from compatible iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Android devices.6
ADDITIONAL FEATURES & BENEFITS
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
| || |
|PIXMA MG5320 |
Wireless Photo All-In-One
|PIXMA MG6220 |
Wireless Photo All-In-One
|PIXMA MG8220 |
Wireless Photo All-In-One
|Functions||Print, Copy, Scan, Photo||Print, Copy, Scan, Photo||Print, Copy, Scan, Photo|
|Speed & Quality|
|ISO Print Speed (up to)12 / |
4" x 6" Borderless Photo11
|Print Resolution (up to)3 / |
Minimum Ink Droplet Size
|Ink Cartridges / Tanks|
|Ease of Use|
|Slide & Negative Scanning||-||-|
|Intelligent Touch System||-|
|Fun Filter Effects Software Included|
|Full HD Movie Print Software Included5|
|Advanced Media Handling|
|Fun Printing Projects|
|Google Cloud Print18||-|
|PIXMA Cloud Link4|
|Direct Photo Printing6,7,8,9|
GENUINE CANON INKS & PAPER
- Wireless printing requires a working network with wireless 802.11b/g/n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
- Supported paper types for borderless printing are as follows: Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Photo Paper Pro II, Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss, Photo Paper Glossy and Matte Photo Paper.
- Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/9600 inch at minimum.
- Subject to the Terms and Conditions of Use of Canon image Gateway or Picasa Web Albums, depending on the service the consumer is using.
- Full HD Movie Print allows printing from HD or Full HD "MOV" movie files created by Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot digital cameras. From PC, or Mac with Intel® processor. Print quality is determined by video resolution. Function does not upscale video resolution. Requires Canon ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later, or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later.
- Requires Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for iPhone app, available for free on the App StoreSM, or Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for Android app available for free in the Android Market. Compatible with iPad, iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, iPod touch and Android devices running Android OS 1.6 or later.
- Compatible memory cards include SD™ Memory Card, SDHC™, MultiMediaCard®, MultiMediaCard® Plus, CompactFlash® Card, Microdrive®, Memory Stick®, Memory Stick PRO™, Memory Stick Duo™ and Memory Stick PRO Duo™. The following can be used with the addition of a special adapter sold separately: miniSD™ Card, miniSDHCTM, microSD™ Card, microSDHC™, RS-MMC™, Memory Stick Micro, xD-Picture Card®, xD-Picture Card® (Type M), and xD-Picture Card® (Type H)..
- USB flash memory with security enabled may not be used. Requires an extension cable if cannot be attached.
- Requires mobile phone (or other device) equipped with Bluetooth v2.0 technology and optional Canon Bluetooth Unit BU-30. Bluetooth operation depends on the device and software version used. Operating distance is approx. 10 meters but may vary due to obstacles, radio signals, locations where radio interference occurs, magnetic fields from microwave ovens, device sensitivity and/or antenna performance.
- Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage. See www.usa.canon.com/printspeed for additional details.
- ISO/IEC 24734, 24735 define the default print and copy speed measurement methods. Print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734, excluding time to print the first set. See www.usa.canon.com/ipm for additional details.
- Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions, and environmental factors. See www.usa.canon.com/chromalife100plus for additional details.
- Service available from end of November 2011, or later.
- System requirements vary by application.
- Easy-WebPrint EX requires Internet Explorer 7 or 8 for Windows, Internet Explorer 9 for Windows Vista SP2 (or later) or Windows 7, or Safari 4.0 – 5.0 for Mac OS X v.10.5 – 10.6.x
- For network users, Auto Scan Mode is only available when scanning at a computer using MP Navigator EX software and selecting the 1-click feature then "save to PC".
- Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.usa.canon.com/support for details.
- Requires an Internet connection and Google Account. Printer firmware update may be necessary for Google Cloud Print function. Subject to Google Terms of Service. Certain exceptions may apply. A PC running Windows XP or later or a Mac running OS 10.4.11 or later and USB cable required to perform firmware update.
Top Customer Reviews
On features and quality, I'd give it 5 stars. The scan and print quality are excellent, and the included applications for scanning/printing are adequate. It can connect via USB, wired network, or wireless network (and I've tried all three).
There is no automatic document feeder (ADF), even as an optional accessory, so keep that in mind if you have lots of multi-page documents to scan. Paper handling is great, especially the automatic duplexing.
It also supports Apple Airprint flawlessly, so printing from iPhone and iPad is wireless and quick. I did have to download and upgrade the printer firmware to get this working, but I assume shipping units will come with the updated firmware very soon.
Now, for my big complaint, and why it gets 3 stars instead of 5. If you let this printer set for a day, then initiate a print, it automatically executes a cleaning cycle EVERY TIME. Not only does this process delay printing by a couple minutes (which seems like forever), it wastes a HUGE amount of ink. Like most every inkjet, the ink cartridges are small and expensive -- but this printer exacerbates that by wasting ink on unneeded cleaning cycles EVERY DAY. So even though I've used the printer VERY lightly over the last 3 weeks, and printed less than 50 pages (and only two photos) total, the ink cartridges are over half empty. That amounts to about $35 worth of ink for 50 pages! At 70 cents per page, this is one expensive printer.
My previous inkjet (Canon Pixma ip5000) only executed a cleaning cycle if it had been powered off, or if you manual requested it.Read more ›
UPDATE: after using this for several weeks, I can state it is an excellent printer in almost every way. HOWEVER, as others have noted, beware the rapid ink usage, which I am comparing vs. three other inkjets I have owned. I have printed a single 4 by 6 photo, and then every other use has been simple plain paper documents on the ink-saving "fast" setting. After a fairly limited number of pages (sorry, I did not keep track, other than to try to not use the printer much -- have not refilled the paper tray yet), I am getting low ink warnings on the grey ink, with others soon to follow. According to a Canon rep, the grey ink is apparently used more than black when printing on "fast." So much for conserving ink. Canon suggests using the "grey scale" setting if you want to save Grey ink, which is counterintuitive to me. They also told me that the printer will probably disable all printing if one of the tanks is empty, and there is no way to override this. Disappointing
CONCLUSION: Even though I am a Canon loyalist, based on my experience so far, I would advise against using this as your "routine" printer for everyday usage, as the ink depletion and costs seem frightfully high. Guess it is back to my old cheapo Brother multifunction for most routine printing and copying, and save the Canon for special jobs. I will update as experience lengthens.Read more ›
- Set up was fairly straight forward (I used the wireless set up). Lots of tape to remove, be sure not to miss anything and DO follow the unpacking instructions. You can damage the printer if you don't, quite easily. Be warned this printer does take a while to do its initial set up. It's automatic, but I've never seen anything quite like it. Good thing you only do this once. After that, you still have to insert a piece of paper (included) and do the head alignment. Wi-Fi set up was a snap! After I added it to my home network my desktop and two laptops detected it immediately. Running Windows 7, it pulls the drivers right away, but you might want to use those on the installation disk if you want to add the Canon software suite (more on this later).
- Printing is great, nice and crisp. It tells you the ink levels when you do print, but you can check anytime. As some mentioned here, I turned off Green mode, leave the printer on all the time, and don't use USB to the computer, and I haven't seen the head cleaning (ink wasting) issues that some have seen. Still all the ink levels are full, and I've printed about 20 pages, 2 full color photos a CD. I don't understand the folks that have shaking/noise issues. This printer is very quiet. No vibration. I only hear when it first starts an operation then it's quiet, until it finishes pushing the document out. The photos were vibrant and true to color. The CD I printed on was awesome! Looked VERY professional. One thing about printing on a CD... its a bit complicated. You start the CD printing process first...Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Horrible functionality. If you want the scanner to work don't count on it. One day it just stopped working for no reason. I wasn't even able to use the scanning software. Read morePublished 1 month ago by JoeGee
As with the rest of my Canon printers, this one has started to occasionally print slanted text. My wife teaches at a local university and does not want her distributed material to... Read morePublished 3 months ago by John R. Norene
This model (along with 15 others) is literally defective. There's a class action lawsuit against Canon going on right now over print-head problem which renders the product... Read morePublished 4 months ago by ELLE OH ELLE
Bought this for my mother in law so she could do edible images for cakes. It works greatPublished 4 months ago by Eric
This is one of the worst Canon printers i have ever had. This was a replacement printer for my older canon printer and we have barely used this and it has stopped working. Read morePublished 7 months ago by shiva
Ug - I still have it, because I'm too lazy to go buy another one, but I wish I'd just bought a smaller simpler printer. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Mary Q.