Canon PIXMA MG8120 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-in-One Printer (4504B002)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- All-new Intelligent Touch System allows you to effortlessly operate your machine with gorgeous touch sensitive buttons
- Superior optical scanning resolution of 4800 dpi with included Film Adapter Unit to scan film and slides
- All new Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with your compatible Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot cameras into beautiful prints
- Professional color adjustment feature with the included Easy-PhotoPrint Pro software
- Maximum 9600 x 2400 color dpi for exceptional photo quality
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
Canon PIXMA MG8120 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One: Ultimate Wireless1 Photo All-In-One Featuring the Intelligent Touch System, Gray Ink and a 3.5" LCD
Canon PIXMA MG8120 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One
Ultimate Wireless1 Photo All-In-One Featuring the Intelligent Touch System, Gray Ink and a 3.5" LCD
The PIXMA MG8120 possesses superior quality, functionality and versatility combined with beautiful design. The amazing feature set begins with an all-new interface that turns the top of your printer into a sleek, ultra-responsive touch panel. The Intelligent Touch System provides light-guided direction with gorgeous touch sensitive controls so only the buttons you need light up. Your fingers will realize fluid, effortless operation where once you choose your function you’re one step away from imaging brilliance.
For the first time in home photo printing you can print still photographs from your captured HD movies with your new PIXMA printer. Full HD Movie Print3 turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with compatible Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot cameras into beautiful photo prints. Built-in Wi-Fi1 lets you easily print and scan wirelessly with the added ability to print your photos from compatible iPhone, iPod touch and AndroidTM devices5 Produce true photo lab quality prints at home with a maximum print resolution of 9600 x 2400 dpi4 and six individual ink tanks including a gray ink for professional color and black & white photos. Its superior 9600dpi2 high-resolution CCD scanner includes a Film Adapter Unit to easily scan 35mm film and slides. Plus, the White LED eliminates warm-up time for document and photo scanning while Auto Document Fix delivers beautiful, easy-to-view scans by advanced image analysis and area-by-area data correction, automatically.
Join the Generation Green initiative with Built-in Auto Duplex Printing which allows you to automatically print on both sides of the paper and can help reduce your paper usage by up to 50%. Plus, you can enjoy previewing and editing images on a 3.5" Color LCD and print a beautiful, borderless 4" x 6" image in approx. 20 seconds12. Don’t feel like using a computer? No problem. Just insert a compatible memory card9 into the built in card slot, select images on the LCD display, and print! Thanks to a PictBridge connection you can also print photos directly from your compatible digital camera, DV camcorder or camera phone15, and even via Bluetooth with the optional BU-30 wireless Bluetooth14 unit.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
SPEED & QUALITY
Realize the power of 9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi4 firing with 1pl. Benefit? Incredible quality and detail in both your business documents and photos.
High Performance Six Individual Ink Tank System:
This 6-color ink system consists of five dye-based inks including a dedicated gray ink tank for professional-looking black & white and color photos. A pigment-based black ink produces exceptionally crisp, laser-quality text. Plus, only replace the color ink tank that runs out.
Print Beautiful, Borderless Photos Fast:
Print a borderless, 4" x 6" photo in approximately 20 seconds12.
EASE OF USE
Intelligent Touch System:
This all-new button navigation system allows you to effortlessly operate your machine with gorgeous touch sensitive controls.
Full HD Movie Print:
The all new Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with your compatible Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot cameras into beautiful prints.4
Built-In Auto Duplex Printing:
Automatically print on both sides of the page without the hassle of turning it over manually. This saves you time, helps the environment and can cut your paper usage by up to 50%.
Easily and quickly access and select the various features available for faster operation.
Easily view, select and edit your images for simple computer-free printing. No downloading needed, just pick your pic and print!
Auto Photo Fix II:
This built-in technology automatically categorizes your images into one of five types - Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, and Snapshot with Night Scenery - then applies optimal image and multi-zone exposure correction. So, unexposed areas of the photo will be optimized, area by area and faces that are backlit and under-exposed will automatically be brightened with correct color cast to help ensure more accurate skin tones for gorgeous images.
Auto Document Fix:
The all-new Auto Document Fix delivers beautiful, easy-to-view scans by advanced image analysis and area-by-area data correction, automatically. So, your document text can be darkened with pronounced edges for clear, sharp text that’s easy to read, and pictures will maintain color tone and contrast.
Auto Scan Mode:
Automatically recognizes the type of original being scanned, then scans and saves with the suitable settings.13
Powering up your printer is now faster than ever. After pressing the power button you can begin inputting commands in mere seconds. So, full operation is possible in a much shorter time.
2-Way Paper Feeding:
To add to your options this feature lets you load paper from the front cassette or rear tray so whether your office or photo lab is open, you’re ready to print!
Beautiful & Borderless:
Print photo lab quality from 4" x 6" up to 8.5" x 11."8
Print or scan wirelessly from any Wi-Fi enabled computer around the house. 1
Smart Phone Printing:
Take full advantage of Canon’s fantastic Wi-Fi printing technology to unlock, print and share your stored images right on the spot. Print your photos wirelessly from compatible iPhone, iPod touch and Android devices.5
This wired LAN interface lets you connect to a home or office network, with connected computers sharing the power of this versatile machine, each being able to display the printer’s status at any moment.
Memory Cards9 / USB10 / PictBridge17 & Optional Bluetooth14:Don’t feel like using a computer? No problem. Just insert a compatible memory card into the built in card slot, select images on the LCD display, and print! Thanks to a PictBridge connection you can also print photos directly from your digital camera, DV camcorder or camera phone. Plus, you can print from the optional BU-30 wireless Bluetooth unit.
Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES & BENEFITS
Fast Document Printing:
Print black and white, and color documents in the official print speed measure (images per minute) for one, four page Excel document, one, four page Word document and one, four page PDF document.11
Optical Scanning Resolution:
Produces high quality, 4800 x 9600 dpi scans for incredible image detail.2
Print what you want off the web, easily. Easy-WebPrintEX allows you to create your own layout, take different sections of different websites and put them all on one page. Move, resize and trim your clips, insert notes and edit text, make it a portrait or landscape, print up to 3 columns on a page and even save the layout as a PDF file.6
Stay True To The Original:
This built-in technology automatically optimizes your copy quality based on the type of original you’re copying.
This system combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select genuine Canon inks and select genuine Canon photo papers for beautiful borderless photos that will last up to 300 years when stored in an archival-quality photo album16.
The built-in film adapter unit allows you to eaily scan in slides and negatives.
- Windows® 7,Windows Vista®, Windows XP/200019
- Mac OS® X v. 10.4.11 to 10.6.x19
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- PIXMA MG8120 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One
- Document Kit: Cross Sell Sheet, Getting Started, Important Information Sheet, Networking Troubleshooting Guide, Safety Environment Information, Setup Software & User’s Guide CD-ROM, Warranty Card
- Ink Tanks: PGI-225 Pigment Black, CLI-226 (Cyan/Magenta/Yellow/Black/Gray)
- Power Cord
- Print Head
- Sample Media (PP-201 4" x 6"/3 Sheets)
|PIXMA MG5220 |
Wireless Photo All-In-One
|PIXMA MG6120 |
Wireless Photo All-In-One
|PIXMA MG8120 |
Wireless Photo All-In-One
|Functions||Print, Copy, Scan, Photo||Print, Copy, Scan, Photo||Print, Copy, Scan, Photo|
|Speed & Quality|
|ISO Print Speed (up to)11 / |
4" x 6" Borderless Photo12
|Print Resolution (up to)4 / |
Minimum Ink Droplet Size
|Individual Ink Tanks|
|Maximum Scan Resolution|
|Ease of Use|
|Slide & Negative Scanning||-||-|
|Intelligent Touch System||-|
|Full HD Movie Print Software Included3|
|Advanced Media Handling|
|Fun Printing Projects|
|Direct Photo Printing5,14,15,17|
GENUINE CANON INKS & PAPER
- Wireless printing requires a working Ethernet network with wireless 802.11b/g or n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
- Film scanning resolution is 4800 x 9600. Reflective scanning resolution is 4800 x 4800.
- "Full HD Movie Print" is available from ‘MOV’ movie files created by Canon digital cameras. From PC, or Mac with Intel® processor. Requires Canon ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later, or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later.
- Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/9600 inch at minimum.
- Requires Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for iPhone app, available for free on the App Store, or Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for Android app available for free in the Android Market. Compatible with iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, iPod touch and Android devices running Android OS 1.6 or later.
- Compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 in Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP only. Not included on installation CD. Requires Internet connection during installation. Internet Explorer 6 SP1 or later is needed.
- Specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Supported paper types for borderless printing are as follows: Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Plus Semi- gloss, Photo Paper Glossy and Matte Photo Paper.
- Compatible memory cards include SDTM Memory Card, SDHCTM, MultiMediaCard,® MultiMediaCard® Plus, CompactFlash® Card, Microdrive,® Memory Stick,® Memory Stick PRO,TM Memory Stick DuoTM and Memory Stick PRO Duo.TM The following can be used with the addition of a special adapter sold separately: miniSDTM Card, miniSDHCTM, microSDTM Card, microSDHC,TM RS-MMC,TM Memory Stick Micro, xD-Picture Card,® xD-Picture Card® (Type M), and xD-Picture Card® (Type H).
- USB flash memory with security enabled may not be used. Requires an extension cable if cannot be attached.
- ISO/IEC 24734, 24735 define the default print and copy speed measurement methods. Print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734, excluding time to print the first set. Copy speed is the average of FCOT, ISO/ IEC 24735 Annex D. ADF copy speed is the average of ESAT in General Performance Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24735, excluding time to copy the first set. See www.usa.canon.com/ipm for additional details.
- Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage. See www.usa.canon.com/printspeed for additional details.
- For network users, Auto Scan Mode is only available when scanning at a computer using MP Navigator EX software and selecting the 1-click feature then "save to PC".
- Requires mobile phone (or other device) equipped with Bluetooth v2.0 technology and optional Canon Bluetooth Unit BU-30. Bluetooth operation depends on the device and software version used. Operating distance is approx. 10 meters but may vary due to obstacles, radio signals, locations where radio interference occurs, magnetic fields from microwave ovens, device sensitivity and/or antenna performance.
- Requires mobile phone or other device with IrDA port positioned no more than 7.9 inches from the printer.
- Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions, and environmental factors. See www.usa.canon.com/chromalife100plus for additional details.
- Requires mobile phone equipped with PictBridge technology and a USB cable.
- Easy-PhotoPrint Pro is available as a plug-in.
- System requirements vary by application.
- Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.usa.canon.com/support for details.
Top Customer Reviews
I have to say a REALLY great feature about this printer, which I didn't expect to love as much as I do, is the wireless printing capability. You don't have to keep this printer anywhere near your computer, just an outlet. If you have a laptop and like to use it in front of the TV, you will absolutely love the freedom it provides.
I would rate all of the individual features rate highly except the document printing. Here's my review of the features from best to relatively worst:
1. Photo printing - prints either directly from your card (no computer needed technically). You can print up to 600 dpi with this. The photos are crisp and clear, and color is accurate. The only thing I didn't like was the extremely rudimentary photo editing software. It is easy to use, yes, but it doesn't do much. If you want to retouch your photos, use either Photoshop or one of the free pieces of software. I like Picasa even. That may be simple, but it's better than this. Smaller printer paper loads from the back of the machine. Regular paper goes in a drawer in the front, which I really liked.
2.Read more ›
But just to make sure we weren't fooling ourselves, we then printed the photo again on the cheapest grade photo paper, and again on plain (multipurpose) paper. There was no notable quality difference in the images coming out of the Canon on these three types of paper, and they all far outshined the prints from the photo counter.
So then we printed again, using the same make and model of photo paper on both the PIXMA MG8120 and our other Canon printer, the MP495 (which costs only about $79 compared to the MG8120 which sells for just under $300). While the image quality in terms of sharpness was better than the MP495 on both the MG8120 (of course) and the Kodak system used at the photo counter of the drug store, the lower price MP495 prints were still brighter and truer to color than the photo counter prints.
OK, so now the question is, is it worth it to buy the MG8120 over the MP495? It depends on what you're into. If you're really into photography or even just an avid snapshot photographer, then absolutely you should get the higher priced MG8120 featured on this page; but if you want prints which are still excellent--and I mean 'excellent'--at an incredible bargain price, then get the MP495.Read more ›
The set-up was well-documented and easy. The only glitch I ran into was an error message on the LCD display that said the "inner door" was open and I needed to close it. It took me several minutes of messing around to bumble into this thingy inside that I pulled down and then pulled back up--a lever of some sort. That was the "inner door" and that fixed the problem. Someone else asked what the inner door was for. I'm asking the same question. It's not a big deal and I'm not complaining. I just included this experience in case someone else runs into the same glitch. Don't panic. It's fixable.
The machine is solid and quiet and not as heavy as I thought it was going to be. And it is beautiful. Not that I care. But it's a nice perk. My HP 6988 shakes all over the place when it prints, but I thought it was pretty quiet until I got the Canon, which hums along very pleasingly and steadily.
I'm an artist and I make prints and cards from my original paintings. I'm fussy beyond the telling. I want my collectors to have the best quality artwork. Even my Canon Pixma Pro 9500 MkII cannot print on simple card stock like this printer can. The images are just gorgeous. I haven't tested it with fine art paper yet, but that's not as big a test as doing bright, accurate, detailed images on plain ol' card stock. Beautiful.
The document quality is so-so. I wanted to be totally in love with the Canon 8120, I was so excited to get it. But all my HP's have printed text that is sharper and blacker at every setting.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This model (along with 15 others) is literally defective. There's a class action lawsuit against Canon going on right now over print-head problem which renders the product... Read morePublished 4 months ago by ELLE OH ELLE
I purchased this printer less than a year ago. It has been repaired once and has failed again. It will now go to clog up the landfill. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Jane Joukovsky
The only negative comment for this unit is it seems I'm putting new ink cartridges in it at least weekly.
Other than that I really like it. Read more
ink aint cheap. But good results warrant the cost. Well, I would like it to be cheaper. Cheaper paper.
Better wifi ease of use would be better. Read more
I cannot agree with all of the negative reviews enough. Anyone that rates this higher than two stars hasn't lived with it for more than 3 months. Read morePublished 12 months ago
Ink very expensive.Expiration date code, even full unused cartridges are rejected.Published 14 months ago by SAM
Best attribute is quality of last page printed before changing 1 of the 6 ink jet cartridges, is consistently as great as all sheets printed before AND after. Read morePublished 14 months ago by D. M. Gage