|Item Weight||23.6 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||18.5 x 15.6 x 7.9 inches|
|Item model number||5293B002|
|Number of Items||1|
|Manufacturer Part Number||5293B002|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $77.58 shipping
Canon PIXMA MG8220 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One Printer (5293B002)
|Price:||$525.29 + $35.26 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The Intelligent Touch System allows you to effortlessly operate your machine with gorgeous touch sensitive buttons
- Superior optical scanning resolution of 4800 x 9600 dpi with included Film Adapter Unit to scan film and slides
- Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with your compatible
- Professional color adjustment feature with the included Easy-PhotoPrint Pro software
- Built-in CD/DVD printing
- Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot cameras into beautiful prints
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Ultimate Wireless Photo All-In-One Featuring the Intelligent Touch System, Film Scanning, Gray Ink and a 3.5" LCD
From the Manufacturer
A sleek, beautiful design is your introduction to the superior quality, versatility, and ease of use you'll experience with the PIXMA MG8220 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One. It begins with built-in Wi-Fi®1 which lets you easily print and scan wirelessly virtually anywhere around your house. For true interactivity, Canon's Intelligent Touch System transforms the top of your printer into a sleek, responsive touch panel so only the buttons you need light up.
Print gorgeous, borderless2 photos at home up to 8.5" x 11" size with a maximum print color resolution of 9600 x 2400 dpi3 and six individual ink tanks including a gray ink for professional color and black & white photos. Included software also allows you to professionally adjust the color of your photos. Enjoy a new sphere of printing options as PIXMA Cloud Link4 lets you conveniently print pictures from online photo albums Canon image Gateway and Google Picasa as well as templates including seasonal stationary and calendars from wherever you are to wherever a compatible Canon PIXMA Wireless All-in-One is, without a computer. Also included is the ability to print select Google Docs™ and Gmail™ attachments from any accessible device, further adding to your wireless versatility.14 The MG8220 also lets you print on your printable CD, DVD and Blu-ray Discs, and you can even you turn your HD Movie clips into beautiful photos5. Built-in Auto Duplex Printing allows you to automatically print on both sides of the paper and can help reduce paper usage and cost by up to 50%.
Your imaging options continue as you can bring life back to your faded memories and easily scan 35mm slides and film. For documents, you'll experience beautiful, easy-to-view scans by advanced image analysis and area-by-area data correction, automatically. Plus, you can print and scan jpeg and pdf files wirelessly from compatible iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Android devices6 without a computer, and enjoy direct printing options from compatible memory cards7, USB Flash Drives8, PictBridge and optional Bluetooth devices9.
| || |
PIXMA MG8220 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One
Ultimate Wireless1 Photo All-In-One Featuring the Intelligent Touch System, Film Scanning, Gray Ink and a 3.5" LCD
FEATURES & BENEFITS
SPEED & QUALITY
9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi3 firing with 1pl produces incredible quality and detail in both your borderless photos, crafts, business documents and web pages.
High Performance, Six Individual Ink Tank System:
This 6-color ink system consists of five dye-based inks including a dedicated gray ink for professional-looking black & white and color photos. A pigment-based black ink produces exceptionally crisp text. Plus, only replace the color ink tank that runs out.
Print Beautiful, Borderless Photos, Fast:
Print a borderless, 4" x 6" photo in approximately 20 seconds11.
Print Documents and Web Pages, Fast:
Print documents and web pages with fast speeds of 12.5 images per minute (ipm) for black and 9.3 images per minute (ipm) for color12.
This system combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select genuine Canon inks and select genuine Canon photo papers for beautiful borderless photos that will last up to 300 years when stored in an archival-quality photo album13.
EASE OF USE
Intelligent Touch System:
This button navigation system allows you to effortlessly operate your machine with gorgeous touch sensitive controls.
Built-in Film Adapter Unit:
This included unit makes it easy to scan 35mm film and slides so you can bring your faded memories back to life.
Full HD Movie Print:
Full HD Movie Print software turns HD movie clips captured with your compatible Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot cameras into beautiful photo prints5
Fun Filter Effects:
Have all new sorts of fun with your images by adding new effects such as: Fish Eye, Miniature, Toy Camera, Soft Focus and Blur Background before you print.
Built-in CD and DVD Printing:
Conveniently print labels onto your printable CD, DVD and Blu- ray Discs.
Built-In Auto Duplex Printing:
Automatically print on both sides of the page without the hassle of turning it over manually. This saves you time, helps the environment and can cut your paper usage by up to 50%.
Easily view, select and edit your images for simple computer-free printing. No downloading or computer needed, just pick your picture and print!
Print and scan wirelessly from any Wi-Fi® enabled computer around the house.1
Wirelessly print photos, email, web pages, documents, and more from compatible iPad, Phone, or iPod touch devices to compatible Canon PIXMA Wireless All-In-One. There's no software to download, no drivers to install, and no cables to connect. Just see it, tap it, and print it.2
Google Cloud Print:19
Allows users to print from Gmail and Google Docs on a mobile device, and from Google Chrome browser for Mac, Windows, Linux, and Chrome devices. With Google Cloud Print, you can print from wherever you are, from applications you use every day. You can even share your home and work printers with anyone you choose.
PIXMA Cloud Link:
Conveniently print pictures from online photo albums Canon Image Gateway and Picasa as well as templates including seasonal stationary, and calendars from a compatible Canon PIXMA Wireless All-in-One.4 Print select Google DocsTM and GmailTM attachments from any accessible device, further adding to your wireless your wireless versatility.13
This wired LAN interface lets you connect to a home or office network, with connected computers sharing the power of this versatile machine, each being able to display the printer's status at any moment.
Mobile Device Printing:
Take full advantage of Canon's Wi-Fi® connectivity to unlock, print and share your stored images right on the spot. Print your photos wirelessly from compatible iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Android devices.6
ADDITIONAL FEATURES & BENEFITS
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
| || |
|PIXMA MG5320 |
Wireless Photo All-In-One
|PIXMA MG6220 |
Wireless Photo All-In-One
|PIXMA MG8220 |
Wireless Photo All-In-One
|Functions||Print, Copy, Scan, Photo||Print, Copy, Scan, Photo||Print, Copy, Scan, Photo|
|Speed & Quality|
|ISO Print Speed (up to)12 / |
4" x 6" Borderless Photo11
|Print Resolution (up to)3 / |
Minimum Ink Droplet Size
|Ink Cartridges / Tanks|
|Ease of Use|
|Slide & Negative Scanning||-||-|
|Intelligent Touch System||-|
|Fun Filter Effects Software Included|
|Full HD Movie Print Software Included5|
|Advanced Media Handling|
|Fun Printing Projects|
|Google Cloud Print19||-|
|PIXMA Cloud Link4|
|Direct Photo Printing6,7,8,9|
GENUINE CANON INKS & PAPER
- Wireless printing requires a working network with wireless 802.11b/g/n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
- Supported paper types for borderless printing are as follows: Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Photo Paper Pro II, Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss, Photo Paper Glossy and Matte Photo Paper.
- Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/9600 inch at minimum.
- Subject to the Terms and Conditions of Use of Canon image Gateway or Picasa Web Albums, depending on the service the consumer is using.
- Full HD Movie Print allows printing from HD or Full HD "MOV" movie files created by Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot digital cameras. From PC, or Mac with Intel® processor. Print quality is determined by video resolution. Function does not upscale video resolution. Requires Canon ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later, or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later.
- Requires Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for iPhone app, available for free on the App StoreSM, or Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for Android app available for free in the Android Market. Compatible with iPad, iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, iPod touch and Android devices running Android OS 1.6 or later.
- Compatible memory cards include SD™ Memory Card, SDHC™, MultiMediaCard®, MultiMediaCard® Plus, CompactFlash® Card, Microdrive®, Memory Stick®, Memory Stick PRO™, Memory Stick Duo™ and Memory Stick PRO Duo™. The following can be used with the addition of a special adapter sold separately: miniSD™ Card, miniSDHCTM, microSD™ Card, microSDHC™, RS-MMC™, Memory Stick Micro, xD-Picture Card®, xD-Picture Card® (Type M), and xD-Picture Card® (Type H)..
- USB flash memory with security enabled may not be used. Requires an extension cable if cannot be attached.
- Requires mobile phone (or other device) equipped with Bluetooth v2.0 technology and optional Canon Bluetooth Unit BU-30. Bluetooth operation depends on the device and software version used. Operating distance is approx. 10 meters but may vary due to obstacles, radio signals, locations where radio interference occurs, magnetic fields from microwave ovens, device sensitivity and/or antenna performance.
- Optical resolution is a measure of maximum hardware sampling resolution, based on ISO 14473 standard.
- Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage. See www.usa.canon.com/printspeed for additional details.
- ISO/IEC 24734, 24735 define the default print and copy speed measurement methods. Print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734, excluding time to print the first set. See www.usa.canon.com/ipm for additional details.
- Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions, and environmental factors. See www.usa.canon.com/chromalife100plus for additional details.
- Service available from end of November 2011, or later.
- System requirements vary by application.
- Easy-WebPrint EX requires Internet Explorer 7 or 8 for Windows, Internet Explorer 9 for Windows Vista SP2 (or later) or Windows 7, or Safari 4.0 – 5.0 for Mac OS X v.10.5 – 10.6.x
- For network users, Auto Scan Mode is only available when scanning at a computer using MP Navigator EX software and selecting the 1-click feature then "save to PC".
- Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.usa.canon.com/support for details.
- Requires an Internet connection and Google Account. Printer firmware update may be necessary for Google Cloud Print function. Subject to Google Terms of Service. Certain exceptions may apply. A PC running Windows XP or later or a Mac running OS 10.4.11 or later and USB cable required to perform firmware update.
Compare to similar items
This item Canon PIXMA MG8220 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One Printer (5293B002)
|Shipping||$35.26||FREE Shipping||$28.59||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Hollister Y||BlueC Distributor||Hollister Y||Amazon.com||World Class Sales LLC||Focus Camera|
|Connectivity Technology||Wireless;USB||Wireless;USB; Bluetooth||Ethernet | Firewire | USB Cable | Wireless | Memory Card||USB Cable | Wi-Fi | Mobile Memory||Wi-Fi; USB||Wi-Fi; Ethernet|
|Item Dimensions||15.6 x 18.5 x 7.9 in||14.5 x 17.8 x 6.6 in||14.5 x 18.5 x 6.9 in||27.2 x 15.2 x 8.5 in||18 x 14.6 x 5.9 in||14.57 x 17.13 x 5.83 in|
|Item Weight||23.6 lbs||18.3 lbs||19.3 lbs||43.2 lbs||14 lbs||17.42 lbs|
|Maximum Print Speed (Black and White)||12.5 pages_per_minute||12.5 pages_per_minute||12.5 pages_per_minute||1.2||—||15 pages_per_minute|
|Media Size Maximum||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||13 x 19 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch|
|Operating System||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac|
|Print Media Type||Envelopes, Paper (plain)||Envelopes, Paper (plain)||Glossy photo paper, Envelopes, Paper (plain)||Paper (plain)||Envelopes, High-resolution paper, Glossy photo paper, Paper (plain)||Envelopes, Paper (plain)|
|Resolution||—||—||—||4800 x 2400||—||—|
|Additional Features||Auto-Duplex, Copying, scanning||cd-printing||Copying, scanning||cd-printing||Integrated Card Reader, Touch Sensitive Screen||Integrated Card Reader, Touch Sensitive Screen|
|Wireless Compatibility||802.11bgn||802.11bgn, Bluetooth||802.11bgn||802.11bgn||802.11bgn||802.11B, 802.11G, 802.11n|
Top Customer Reviews
But I've also noticed an unwelcome feature in each new model: a steady increase in Canon's greed through wasteful ink usage. I mentioned this issue when I updated my review of the 990... it got even worse with the 8120, which I didn't review... and now it has reached near criminal levels with the MG8220. Seriously, there should be a law against this kind of consumer abuse and deception.
I'm talking about ink usage that hits especially hard the home or home business user who only occasionally prints a color document or photo. The culprit is the programmed cleaning cycles, which were originally developed to keep the inkjet heads from clogging and have long been a part of inkjet operation. But Canon has exploited this operational necessity and turned it into a cash cow, a means of cleaning out customers' wallets. How bad has it gotten? In under three months, I have a full set of empty cartridges, without having printed a single photograph and with minimal printing of documents that had some spot color. So it has literally cost me DOLLARS PER PAGE to print some occasional color. At this rate, within a year, I'll spend more on ink than the cost of the printer, and that's with very light use. I've actually seen the five cartridges dedicated to color printing empty by a third during a period when I did no color printing at all. I've also had it go through cartridge cleaning cycles before it would SCAN a document which, of course, requires no ink at all.
Ironically, this would not be a problem for users who print regularly in heavier volume, since the ink would be used for actual printing and not constant cleaning cycles. In the tests I've read of continuous printing until the cartridges are empty (which is how the ink usage tests are always done) Canon printers perform with reasonable economy and a competitive cost per page. However, the vast majority of the market and user base for this printer is composed of people who do light to moderate printing, and their experience will be much closer to mine.
That brings me to my rating which, as I mentioned, would be 5 stars if features, performance and initial purchase price were the only considerations. But they're not, and the issue here is serious, one that will have a very significant financial impact on most users that they did not anticipate. Worse yet--and the reason I'm deducting 3 stars instead of 1 or 2--is that the issue is greed-based and intentional. Canon is ripping off its customers because it can, and because what it's doing will never show up in a review or test. I'm certainly aware that every printer manufacturer plays "the ink game" to some degree, but Canon has taken it to a whole new level with the MG8220.
Thanks for taking the time to read my review, and I hope it has helped in your buying decision.
Ink usage may be a concern. I've printed roughly 10 full 8" X 10" prints and 4 of the 6 tanks are already at the half way mark. At this rate each 8" X 10" print will end up costing $2.00/each. A little pricey in my opinion. But hey, the quality is second to none so you half to determine what's more important to you.
I really like the dual trays. I put regular old letter in the bottom tray and keep envelopes in the rear tray. When needed I'll put the glossy in rear tray for a quick photo print. And yes, this printer is fairly fast once it decides to start printing.
Others have commented the unit seems like it goes through unnecessary cleaning cycles. As of firmware V3.020 I would tend to agree. Sometimes just prior to printing, and then sometimes just after printing, it sounds like the unit is running a maintenance cycle. However if this were the cause of my low ink I would assume all 6 of the cartridges would be down half and only 4 (C/G/M/Y) of the 6 are (the 2 black tanks both show full). If nothing else the maintenance runs are annoying because they can delay the start of your print job.
The web interface is nice but one feature I wish Canon would add is the ability to count the number of pages printed, by cartridge, whenever a page uses each color. This would at least give the user an idea of what their consumable consumption is. Of course I'm sure this is something Canon would prefer you not be aware of.
The scanner function is also nice and I've used it several times. As long as the 'target' computer is running you can do all the scanning work at the printer without having to do anything on the computer. When scanning is complete (including multiple page scans) the printer will transfer the image to your computer seamlessly. I also like that my generic documents are scanned into PDF format.
Overall I love this printer. But I'm the type who has a laser pirnter for most of my routine work and I'm willing to pay a premium for quality photo prints.
PS - Too funny. Submitted the exact same review on the Canon website and it was rejected. I can only guess they don't like my comment on the page counter recommendation. The rejection hurts, but apparently sometimes so does the truth.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
1.) The price for this printer should be ONLY $99.99 or less, why?