Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $12.42 shipping
Canon PIXMA MP495 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One (4499B026)
|Price:||$299.99 + $12.42 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- All new Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured
- Auto Photo Fix II automatically adjusts and corrects your photos
- Collect, combine and edit multiple web pages to print your own layout using "Easy - WebPrint EX"
- The Chromalife 100 + system gives you beautiful and long lasting photos
- Features pigment black ink for crisp, sharp text
- Wireless Lan
- Includes pack of PP201
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
Built-in Wireless1 printing and scanning, a compact and stylish design with innovative features - meet the PIXMA MP495 Wireless Photo All-In-One. The MP495 brings high quality performance, ease of use and convenience together in one printer. You will also be able to continue your Wi-Fi photo printing with ease from compatible iPhone, iPod touch and Android devices2.
Canon PIXMA MP495 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One
Wireless1, Compact & Stylish Photo All-In-One
For the first time in home photo printing you can print still photographs from your captured HD movies with extraordinary technology called Full HD Movie Print. The all new Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with your compatible Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot cameras into beautiful prints!3 The MP495 delivers a 4800 x 1200 maximum color dpi4 with Canon’s patented Hybrid Ink System. So, you’ll have a pigment black ink for crisp text and dye ink for beautiful photos up to 8.5" x 11" all with outstanding quality. Auto Photo Fix II technology automatically analyzes and applies image correction, red-eye removal and multi-zone exposure correction for beautiful images.
For your scanning needs, Auto Document Fix automatically delivers advanced image analysis and area-by-area data correction for text that’s easy to read, and pictures that maintain color tone and contrast. While Auto Scan Mode5 automatically recognizes the type of original you’re scanning, then scans and saves with the appropriate settings. Do you want to easily print from the web? Canon’s Easy-WebPrint EX6 software lets you clip, collect, and combine multiple web pages into your own layout and even add text.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
SPEED & QUALITY
This level of quality is achieved by 4800 x 1200 maximum color dpi4 thanks to Canon Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) with a patented print head firing ink droplets as small as 2pl. This delivers superb quality and detail in both your business documents and photos.
High Performance Ink Cartridges:
These two genuine Canon ink cartridges contain specially formulated inks for great document and photo quality. One is a Black cartridge for crisp text and one is a multi-color cartridge for beautiful photos. Both are easy to use and replace.
This system combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select genuine Canon inks and select genuine Canon photo papers for beautiful borderless photos that will last up to 300 years when stored in an archival-quality photo album.7
Print Beautiful, Borderless Photos Fast:
Print a borderless, 4" x 6" in approximately 41 seconds.8
EASE OF USE
Full HD Movie Print:
The all new Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with your Canon EOS Digital SLR or Powershot cameras into beautiful prints.3
7 Segment LED:
Easily set number of copies and view printer job status.
Auto Photo Fix II:
This built-in technology automatically categorizes your images into one of five types - Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, and Snapshot with Night Scenery - then applies optimal image and multi-zone exposure correction. So, unexposed areas of the photo will be optimized, area by area and faces that are backlit and under-exposed will automatically be brightened with correct color cast to help ensure more accurate skin tones for gorgeous images.
Auto Document Fix:
The all-new Auto Document Fix delivers beautiful, easy-to-view scans by advanced image analysis and area-by-area data correction, automatically. So, your document text can be darkened with pronounced edges for clear, sharp text that’s easy to read, and pictures will maintain color tone and contrast.
Auto Scan Mode:
Automatically recognizes the type of original, then scans and saves the suitable settings.5
Print what you want off the web, easily. Easy-WebPrintEX allows you to create your own layout, take different sections of different websites and put them all on one page. Move, resize and trim your clips, insert notes and edit text, make it a portrait or landscape, print up to 3 columns on a page and even save the layout as a PDF file.6
Powering up your printer is now faster than ever. After pressing the power button you can begin inputting commands in mere seconds. So, full operation is possible in a much shorter time.
Print or scan wirelessly from any Wi-Fi enabled computer around the house.1
Smart Phone Printing:
Take full advantage of Canon’s fantastic Wi-Fi printing technology to unlock, print and share your stored images right on the spot. Print your photos wirelessly from compatible iPhone, iPod touch and Android devices.2
Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES & BENEFITS
Fast Document Printing:
Print black and white, and color documents in the official print speed measure (images per minute) for one, four page Excel document, one, four page Word document and one, four page PDF document.9
Optical Scanning Resolution:
Produces high quality, 1200 x 2400 dpi scans for incredible image detail.
Stay True To The Original:
This built-in technology automatically optimizes your copy quality based on the type of original you’re copying.
Print Without Borders:
Print gorgeous, edge-to-edge, borderless photos on a wide variety of paper sizes and types.10
- Windows® 7, Windows Vista® , Windows XP/200011
- Mac OS® X v10.4.11 to v10.6.x11
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- PIXMA MP495 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One
- Document Kit: Cross Sell Sheet, Getting Started, Important Information Sheet, Networking Troubleshooting Guide, Read Before Setting Up the Machine, Setup Software & User’s Guide CD-ROM, Warranty Card
- Ink Cartridges: PG-210 Black Cartridge, CL-211 Color Cartridge
- Power Cord
- USB Cable
- Bonus Paper (PP-201, 5 sheets)
- Power Cord and USB Cable may be found in the paper compartment of printer upon unpacking
|PIXMA MP280 |
|PIXMA MP495 |
Wireless Photo All-In-One
|PIXMA MG5220 |
Wireless Photo All-In-One
|Functions||Print, Copy, Scan, Photo||Print, Copy, Scan, Photo||Print, Copy, Scan, Photo|
|Speed & Quality|
|ISO Print Speed (up to)9 / |
4" x 6" Borderless Photo8
|Print Resolution (up to)4 / |
Minimum Ink Droplet Size
|Ink Cartridges / Tanks|
|Maximum Scan Resolution|
|Ease of Use|
|Advanced Media Handling||-||-|
|Full HD Movie Print Software Included3|
|Fun Printing Projects|
|Direct Photo Printing2||-|
- Wireless printing requires a working network with wireless 802.11b/g capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
- Requires Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for iPhone app, available for free on the App StoreSM, or Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for Android app available for free in the Android Market. Compatible with iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, iPod touch and Android devices running Android OS 1.6 or later.
- "Full HD Movie Print" is available from 'MOV' movie files created by Canon digital cameras. From PC, or Mac with Intel® processor. Requires Canon ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later, or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later.
- Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/4800 inch at minimum.
- For network users, Auto Scan Mode is only available when scanning at a computer using MP Navigator EX software and selecting the 1-click feature then "save to PC".
- Compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 in Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP only. Not included on installation CD. Requires Internet connection during installation.
- Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions, and environmental factors. See www.usa.canon.com/chromalife100plus for additional details.
- Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage. See www.usa.canon.com/printspeed for additional details.
- ISO/IEC 24734, 24735 define the default print and copy speed measurement methods. Print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734, excluding time to print the first set. See www.usa.canon.com/ipm for additional details.
- Supported paper types for borderless printing are as follows: Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Photo Paper Pro II, Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss, Photo Paper Glossy and Matte Photo Paper.
- System requirements vary by application.
- Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.usa.canon.com/support for details.
Top Customer Reviews
Funny enough, this is probably the least interesting part of the all-in-one. There's not much that can be said in this category. The MP495 is a very competent document printer with all the features you'd find in any inkjet printer. Paper loads from the back, so it's a bit more intuitive which side of the paper will be printed on, but it also means you need more space heightwise.
As a photo printer, the MP495 is both fast and high quality. I found that the supplied 'Photo Paper Plus Glossy II' sample paper outperformed some HP photo paper I had. And the MP495 outperformed another HP photosmart 385 printer I have in both speed and quality. So I am quite pleased with the performance here as I find this to be one of the major draws of this device. Canon claims about 86 photos from one Color ink cartridge. I have not owned the printer long enough to verify the accuracy of their claim.
I don't scan very often, but it's a very useful feature to have when you need it. In a scanner I look for speed, image quality and usable software. I'm quite pleased with the MP495's scanner capabilities. My test involved a sheet from a notepad that had a light gray watermark-like background. The scanner picked it up no problem. From initialization to scan completion took approx. 20 seconds, which I find adequate.Read more ›
It is low cost (really low cost), and the print quality (at this price point) is great.
The reason that I'm not happy with this product, like I should be is just how poorly thought out the software is. During install, you basically are going to be loading up with a number of bloatware features (trying to not install these resulted in weird artifacts/or the software you need just not installing).
Also there's a little bubble that sit's on your desktop - really annoying. After all, I wanted a printer and a printer really should just work in the background without the need to be seen by me every time i use my computer.
Finally, the settings. The settings are crazy. First - no matter what I try, I can't get the printer to print in the proper order. Out of the box with all the defaults, I found that when I print a document - it prints in reverse order. Unacceptable. Going through the settings - I can't find the setting to lock this down. So I have to remember each time that I print to 'reverse' print order.
Also, there's a 'silent' feature. I haven't a clue what this does. It does make the printer a bit more silent, but it's not default. If there's some software to make the printer work just as well, but with less noise - shouldn't this be default?
Again, the install was a mess. Installing across computers (PC or Mac) was not fun. The fact that the settings were/are not correct out of the box, not fun. The bloatware/and the weird bubble that shows up on my desktops - really NOT fun.Read more ›
Printer is still going strong all these years later!
1) Wi-Fi. Nuff said! Actually I was scared at first because the unit comes with an 2nd user guide simply to troubleshoot the wi-fi. BUT. . .all you have do to is follow the instructions when running the install disc, which say (if you read them) to plug the printer in via USB cable. You must do this step before you can setup the wi-fi.
2) USB cable provided. Finally a printer that doesn't make you buy this separately. Thank you Canon!
3) Photo printing was impressive. If you have actual photo paper vs. regular copy paper then you can get some very gorgeous pictures printed. It's amazing how the single multi-colored cartridge can perform to this level. Not the same quality as the 5 cartridge inkjets, but comparable to my 3yr old Canon MP520
4) Good and bad of the ink cartridge it uses a single multi-color cartridge for the blue-magenta-yellow. But since you have to replace the entire cartridge when one color goes out...not sure exactly if the cost in the end will be more or less than the multi-cartridge packs. I guess it depends on how efficient the printer will be over the long run in its use of the color cartridge vs. previous models.
Canon PG-210 XL Cartridge (Black) = about $17
Canon CL-211 XL Cartridge (Color) = about $22
5) Scanning = disappointed. Wi-fi can communicate in two directions, but they only set this up for sending to the printer. Thus you must plug the cable in to the computer to scan. If you want more control of your scans get a real scanning software packages that will recognize the printer, because the software the printer comes with is mediocre.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Atrocious product that has absolutely put me off of Canon for the rest of my purchasing life. My husband bought it, and all I wanted was to scan a single piece of paper. Read morePublished 5 days ago by Stacy Taylor
I have to give this two stars as the networking aspect of this printer is pretty much a nightmare. If this was a standalone printer/scanner for the price it would be great. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Completely outfitted printer, does both everyday printing and makes great photo prints on photo paper. Color is very good.Published 2 months ago by M. Ellis
I bought it for my Mom. She loves it using for years now. It's not bulcky or heavy however multifunctional. Exactly what she and I were looking for.Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
This printer works like a champ! Still going after 3 years! Wanted to give it a review. Ink is fairly reasonable and the quality is amazing!Published 3 months ago by Tekgeekgirl
I have used this printer for 6 years and had no problems whatsoever. It usually will print low on ink for a good while until its completely dried up. Read morePublished 6 months ago by CloudHead
Broke down within a few months. Uses a lot of ink and cartridges were expensivePublished 6 months ago by Anne-Sita R.