Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $22.59 shipping
Canon PIXMA MP495 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One (4499B026)
|Price:||$305.46 + $12.54 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- All new Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured
- Auto Photo Fix II automatically adjusts and corrects your photos
- Collect, combine and edit multiple web pages to print your own layout using "Easy - WebPrint EX"
- The Chromalife 100 + system gives you beautiful and long lasting photos
- Features pigment black ink for crisp, sharp text
- Wireless Lan
- Includes pack of PP201
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Wireless, Compact and Stylish Photo All-In-One
From the Manufacturer
Built-in Wireless1 printing and scanning, a compact and stylish design with innovative features - meet the PIXMA MP495 Wireless Photo All-In-One. The MP495 brings high quality performance, ease of use and convenience together in one printer. You will also be able to continue your Wi-Fi photo printing with ease from compatible iPhone, iPod touch and Android devices2.
Canon PIXMA MP495 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One
Wireless1, Compact & Stylish Photo All-In-One
For the first time in home photo printing you can print still photographs from your captured HD movies with extraordinary technology called Full HD Movie Print. The all new Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with your compatible Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot cameras into beautiful prints!3 The MP495 delivers a 4800 x 1200 maximum color dpi4 with Canon’s patented Hybrid Ink System. So, you’ll have a pigment black ink for crisp text and dye ink for beautiful photos up to 8.5" x 11" all with outstanding quality. Auto Photo Fix II technology automatically analyzes and applies image correction, red-eye removal and multi-zone exposure correction for beautiful images.
For your scanning needs, Auto Document Fix automatically delivers advanced image analysis and area-by-area data correction for text that’s easy to read, and pictures that maintain color tone and contrast. While Auto Scan Mode5 automatically recognizes the type of original you’re scanning, then scans and saves with the appropriate settings. Do you want to easily print from the web? Canon’s Easy-WebPrint EX6 software lets you clip, collect, and combine multiple web pages into your own layout and even add text.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
SPEED & QUALITY
This level of quality is achieved by 4800 x 1200 maximum color dpi4 thanks to Canon Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) with a patented print head firing ink droplets as small as 2pl. This delivers superb quality and detail in both your business documents and photos.
High Performance Ink Cartridges:
These two genuine Canon ink cartridges contain specially formulated inks for great document and photo quality. One is a Black cartridge for crisp text and one is a multi-color cartridge for beautiful photos. Both are easy to use and replace.
This system combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select genuine Canon inks and select genuine Canon photo papers for beautiful borderless photos that will last up to 300 years when stored in an archival-quality photo album.7
Print Beautiful, Borderless Photos Fast:
Print a borderless, 4" x 6" in approximately 41 seconds.8
EASE OF USE
Full HD Movie Print:
The all new Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with your Canon EOS Digital SLR or Powershot cameras into beautiful prints.3
7 Segment LED:
Easily set number of copies and view printer job status.
Auto Photo Fix II:
This built-in technology automatically categorizes your images into one of five types - Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, and Snapshot with Night Scenery - then applies optimal image and multi-zone exposure correction. So, unexposed areas of the photo will be optimized, area by area and faces that are backlit and under-exposed will automatically be brightened with correct color cast to help ensure more accurate skin tones for gorgeous images.
Auto Document Fix:
The all-new Auto Document Fix delivers beautiful, easy-to-view scans by advanced image analysis and area-by-area data correction, automatically. So, your document text can be darkened with pronounced edges for clear, sharp text that’s easy to read, and pictures will maintain color tone and contrast.
Auto Scan Mode:
Automatically recognizes the type of original, then scans and saves the suitable settings.5
Print what you want off the web, easily. Easy-WebPrintEX allows you to create your own layout, take different sections of different websites and put them all on one page. Move, resize and trim your clips, insert notes and edit text, make it a portrait or landscape, print up to 3 columns on a page and even save the layout as a PDF file.6
Powering up your printer is now faster than ever. After pressing the power button you can begin inputting commands in mere seconds. So, full operation is possible in a much shorter time.
Print or scan wirelessly from any Wi-Fi enabled computer around the house.1
Smart Phone Printing:
Take full advantage of Canon’s fantastic Wi-Fi printing technology to unlock, print and share your stored images right on the spot. Print your photos wirelessly from compatible iPhone, iPod touch and Android devices.2
Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES & BENEFITS
Fast Document Printing:
Print black and white, and color documents in the official print speed measure (images per minute) for one, four page Excel document, one, four page Word document and one, four page PDF document.9
Optical Scanning Resolution:
Produces high quality, 1200 x 2400 dpi scans for incredible image detail.
Stay True To The Original:
This built-in technology automatically optimizes your copy quality based on the type of original you’re copying.
Print Without Borders:
Print gorgeous, edge-to-edge, borderless photos on a wide variety of paper sizes and types.10
- Windows® 7, Windows Vista® , Windows XP/200011
- Mac OS® X v10.4.11 to v10.6.x11
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- PIXMA MP495 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One
- Document Kit: Cross Sell Sheet, Getting Started, Important Information Sheet, Networking Troubleshooting Guide, Read Before Setting Up the Machine, Setup Software & User’s Guide CD-ROM, Warranty Card
- Ink Cartridges: PG-210 Black Cartridge, CL-211 Color Cartridge
- Power Cord
- USB Cable
- Bonus Paper (PP-201, 5 sheets)
- Power Cord and USB Cable may be found in the paper compartment of printer upon unpacking
|PIXMA MP280 |
|PIXMA MP495 |
Wireless Photo All-In-One
|PIXMA MG5220 |
Wireless Photo All-In-One
|Functions||Print, Copy, Scan, Photo||Print, Copy, Scan, Photo||Print, Copy, Scan, Photo|
|Speed & Quality|
|ISO Print Speed (up to)9 / |
4" x 6" Borderless Photo8
|Print Resolution (up to)4 / |
Minimum Ink Droplet Size
|Ink Cartridges / Tanks|
|Maximum Scan Resolution|
|Ease of Use|
|Advanced Media Handling||-||-|
|Full HD Movie Print Software Included3|
|Fun Printing Projects|
|Direct Photo Printing2||-|
- Wireless printing requires a working network with wireless 802.11b/g capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
- Requires Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for iPhone app, available for free on the App StoreSM, or Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for Android app available for free in the Android Market. Compatible with iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, iPod touch and Android devices running Android OS 1.6 or later.
- "Full HD Movie Print" is available from 'MOV' movie files created by Canon digital cameras. From PC, or Mac with Intel® processor. Requires Canon ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later, or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later.
- Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/4800 inch at minimum.
- For network users, Auto Scan Mode is only available when scanning at a computer using MP Navigator EX software and selecting the 1-click feature then "save to PC".
- Compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 in Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP only. Not included on installation CD. Requires Internet connection during installation.
- Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions, and environmental factors. See www.usa.canon.com/chromalife100plus for additional details.
- Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage. See www.usa.canon.com/printspeed for additional details.
- ISO/IEC 24734, 24735 define the default print and copy speed measurement methods. Print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734, excluding time to print the first set. See www.usa.canon.com/ipm for additional details.
- Supported paper types for borderless printing are as follows: Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Photo Paper Pro II, Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss, Photo Paper Glossy and Matte Photo Paper.
- System requirements vary by application.
- Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.usa.canon.com/support for details.
Top Customer Reviews
Funny enough, this is probably the least interesting part of the all-in-one. There's not much that can be said in this category. The MP495 is a very competent document printer with all the features you'd find in any inkjet printer. Paper loads from the back, so it's a bit more intuitive which side of the paper will be printed on, but it also means you need more space heightwise.
As a photo printer, the MP495 is both fast and high quality. I found that the supplied 'Photo Paper Plus Glossy II' sample paper outperformed some HP photo paper I had. And the MP495 outperformed another HP photosmart 385 printer I have in both speed and quality. So I am quite pleased with the performance here as I find this to be one of the major draws of this device. Canon claims about 86 photos from one Color ink cartridge. I have not owned the printer long enough to verify the accuracy of their claim.
I don't scan very often, but it's a very useful feature to have when you need it. In a scanner I look for speed, image quality and usable software. I'm quite pleased with the MP495's scanner capabilities. My test involved a sheet from a notepad that had a light gray watermark-like background. The scanner picked it up no problem. From initialization to scan completion took approx. 20 seconds, which I find adequate. There's a scan button on the printer, but pressing it doesn't do anything if the printer is hooked up via WiFi.
One of the main draws of this printer is its wifi capabilities. But since the printer has no controls on the device itself for configuring the connection to your likely secured WiFi access point, it must be configured through software installed on one of the computers on the network. Configuring the WiFi was a bit tricky. After repeated failed attempts, I figured out that the trick is to plug the USB cable (which they call a WiFi configuration cable) in at precicely the right point during setup -- during the detection phase. Plugging it in too soon seems to cause it to fail -- and I waited the first few times too. Regardless, this will no doubt be a hurdle for novices trying to configure this printer. I suggest having a competent computer person around while configuring the WiFi connection on this printer. With that being said, not having to have the printer close enough to my computer for the USB cable to reach is fantastic.
The software is not very impressive but adequate. There's a utility for managing your scans and OCR text conversion and all that good stuff. Canon boasts an automatic scanning feature that automatically detects the type of document being scanned. I tested it out and it seems to work well as far as being convenient. The software however lacks ability to open the file location in Explorer or even open the file using the default application. So that's quite annoying.
Included with the software is "MyPrinter" utility that allows you to connect to the printer and configure various options. It seems like nothing more than a shortcut to the printer properties utility included with windows. There's no options for configuring the WiFi connection in this utility. You must use the Setup program to do that -- something I find rather annoying since this is something you should easily be able to access without having to pop in the driver disc or dig up the setup utility.
If you decide to go with the Easy install instead of the custom install, the setup utility will dump some annoying shortcut toolbar application called Menu something or other. I removed it right quick.
There's also something Canon calls "Web Print Ex" which allows you to change the layout of web pages to print them out better. I didn't test this software out.
At around $80, half the cost of this printer is in the ink. On Amazon, the ink for this printer seems to run around $17 for Black and $18 for Color. Canon reveals the following for ink life:
Black Ink Tank Life Black: 220 pages (PG-510), 401 pages (optional PG-512)¹
Black: 2955 photos* (PG-510), 7275 photos* (optional PG-512)²
* Estimated supplemental yield
Colour Ink Tank Life Colour: 244 pages (CL-511), 349 pages (optional CL-513)¹
Colour: 83 photos (CL-511), 122 photos (optional CL-513)²
Note that I found this info on Canon's European site. The actual cartridge models are PG-210 and CL-211.
So even with those numbers, which are probably the upper bound, you're looking at around 19 cents per photo plus cost of paper. While the photo quality is excellent, I've ordered prints online for around 5 cents per photo. So the ink here is certainly expensive.
- Quiet and fast scanner
- High quality and fast printing
- Reasonable purchase price
- Expensive ink
- Clunky software
- Lack of LCD for independent configuration
Rating the device itself on its merits alone, I give it 4 stars. Whether that ink cost is a major deterrent to you is really up to you.
I was able to hook it up wirelessly right out of the box, got it working in about 15 minutes, and was super happy. The next day I had to reattach the printer to the network, and I was okay with that. Later that day I had to do it again, and I got mildly annoyed. This continued on for about two weeks to the point where I gave up on networking it. Wired or wireless it seems to lack the networking capabilities that you would expect. The only way I can get ithis to be on board consistently is a direct usb connection.
If you are willing to get past the fact that this will only be a wired unit to one pc, this actually functions great! The scans are clear, and I was able to print onto glossy 4x6 photo paper really well with good colors. Otherwise the printer was a let down. I've had much better experiences with similar HP all in ones that will identify immediately on the network.
Worth the risk? Up to you.
Usually, I buy the top of the line everything. But this time, since I dont print 1000 documents a day, or 100 pictures a day, I deemed it unnecessary to spend hundreds. First of all, I dont think that I would consider this to be a "compact" printer. It definitely takes up some room. However, everything that is needed is in the box. The set-up was pretty much idiot proof, and the installation software worked flawlessly for me. I was up and running in less than 30 minutes.
The printer itself is somewhat noisy, but it does print clear, crisp lines. I dont like that page 1 ends up on the bottom of the stack when printing multiple pages though. It is just a minor annoyance to manually put the pages in order.
The scanner function worked perfectly, and I had to scan about 20 pages today. It is quick, and is easy for transferring over to your computer.
I have only used the photo printer once or twice, and for a printer of this economical value, you cant beat the quality of pictures. They dont have the appearance of the typical cheap printer. But, remember that photo paper quality does play a role in the clarity.
Overall, you cant beat this printer for the price. I would have easily paid over $100 and still been completely satisfied. If you are looking for small, compact, and quiet, this isnt the printer for you. If you are looking for inexpensive, great features, ease of use, and multiple functions, look no further.
UPDATE: As of today, 1/19/2011, I have used the photo printer more frequently to copy 4"x6" pictures, first scanning and then printing them, and it is almost hard to tell the original from the copy. Very impressed!!! Such a great buy, and if it lasts longer than a year or two, I will have definitely gotten my money's worth.