Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $15.54 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Canon MX472 Wireless All-In-One Inkjet Printer (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Price:||$100.00 + $24.19 shipping|
Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.
- AirPrint: Print wirelessly and effortlessly from your compatible iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch- no drivers needed!
- Fully-Integrated, 30-sheet Auto Document Feeder: Easily copy, scan and fax multiple documents without having to load them one page at a time
- Fantastic Resolution: 4800 x 1200 maximum color dpi produces incredible quality and detail in both your business documents and photos. Print a borderless, 4" x 6" photo in approximately 46 seconds.
- Compatible with CL-241 XL Ink Tanks & PG-240 XL Or PG-240 XXL Pigment Black Ink Tanks. Save Even More On Combo/Value Packs!
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Canon MX472 Wireless All-In-One Inkjet Printer (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Sold By||Jill & B LLC||Amazon.com||dn-printers||Roswheel USA, LLC|
|Connectivity Technology||Wi-Fi||USB||Wireless;USB; Bluetooth||Ethernet | USB Cable | Wi-Fi | Memory Card | Bluetooth|
|Max Printspeed Black White||10 ppm||15 ppm||9.7 ppm||12 ppm|
|Double-Sided Printing||Information not provided||Automatic||No||Yes|
|Resolution||10000||Information not provided||4800 x 1200||9600 x 2400|
|Media Size Maximum||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
Canon MX472 Wireless All-In-One Inkjet Printer
Maximize your daily efficiency with the PIXMA MX472 Wireless Office All-In-One Printer. The PIXMA MX472 excels in connectivity. With Google Cloud Print and AirPrint, you can print wirelessly from your compatible smartphone or tablet from virtually anywhere around the office. It’s loaded with timesaving features, as well, including an automatic document feeder which holds up to 30 sheets. And when it comes time to change ink or add paper, the FastFront feature makes it quick and easy—right at the front of the printer! Plus, the optional XL or XXL pigment black ink cartridges mean you can print longer before having to replace your cartridges.
USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
Print and scan wirelessly from any Wi-Fi enabled computer around the house.(1)
Take advantage of Wi-Fi connectivity and print what you see on your compatible iPad, iPhone or iPod touch to a compatible Canon PIXMA Wireless All-in-One.
Canon PRINT app
The Canon PRINT app easily lets you print and scan photos or documents from your compatible mobile device.
4800 x 1200 maximum color dpi(3) produces incredible quality and detail in both your business documents and photos.
Color Cartridge System
Integrates the FINE print head and ink into one compact unit for easy replacement.
Print a borderless, 4-inch x 6-inch photo in approximately 21 seconds.(6)
Features Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) with a patented print head firing ink droplets as small as 2pl.
|Canon MX472 Wireless All-In-One Inkjet Printer||Canon MX452 Wireless All-In-One Inkjet Printer||Canon MX922 Wireless All-In-One Inkjet Printer|
|ISO Print Speed (8,9) (up to)||4 x 6-Inch Borderless Photo: 21 seconds Black: 10.0 ipm Color: 9.7 ipm||4 x 6-Inch Borderless Photo: 21 seconds Black: 15.0 ipm Color: 9.7 ipm||4 x 6-Inch Borderless Photo: 21 seconds Black: 15.0 ipm Color: 10.0 ipm|
|Print Resolution(4) (up to)||Black: 600 x 600 dpi Color: 9600 x 2400 dpi||Black: 600 x 600 dpi Color: 9600 x 2400 dpi||Black: 600 x 600 dpi Color: 9600 x 2400 dpi|
|Sheet Capacity||Lower Cassette: 250 Sheets Plain Paper Upper Cassette: 20 Sheets Photo Paper 4 x 6 inches or 10 Sheets Photo Paper 5 x 7 inches ADF: 35 sheets||Lower Cassette: 250 Sheets Plain Paper Upper Cassette: 20 Sheets Photo Paper 4 x 6 inches or 10 Sheets Photo Paper 5 x 7 inches ADF: 35 sheets||Lower Cassette: 250 Sheets Plain Paper Upper Cassette: 20 Sheets Photo Paper 4 x 6 inches or 10 Sheets Photo Paper 5 x 7 inches ADF: 35 sheets|
|Advanced Media Handling||✓||✓||✓|
|LCD Display||3.0-Inch LCD Display|
|Connectivity||AirPrint(2), Mobile Device Printing(5)||AirPrint(2), Mobile Device Printing(5)||AirPrint(2), Mobile Device Printing(5)|
1. AirPrint functionality requires an iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base Station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
2. Requires an Internet connection and Google account. Subject to Google Terms of Service. Certain exceptions may apply.
3. Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/4800 inch at minimum.
4. ISO/IEC 24734, 24735 define the default print and copy speed measurement methods. Print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734, excluding time to print the first set. Copy speed is the average of FCOT, ISO/IEC 24735 Annex D. ADF copy speed is the average of ESAT in General Performance Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24735, excluding time to copy the first set. See our website for additional details.
5. Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed is measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used, and page coverage. See our website for additional information.
6. Optical resolution is a measure of maximum hardware sampling resolution, based on ISO 14473 standard.
7. To install using Windows OS, .NET Framework 4 is required. Compatible still image formats are PDF (created using Canon PDF Creator only), JPEG (Exif), TIFF, and PNG. Compatible video formats are MOV (from select Canon digital cameras only) and MP4 (from select Canon digital camcorders only).
8. CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM is a premium content service available exclusively to users only when all of the colors of genuine Canon inks and all of the software that came with the printer are properly installed.
9. For network users, Auto Scan Mode is only available when scanning at a computer using MP Navigator EX software and selecting the 1-click feature then 'Save to PC'.
10. Wireless printing requires a working Ethernet network with wireless 802.11b/g or n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
11. Requires an Internet connection and the Canon Print app, available for free on the App Store and at Google Play. Compatible with iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, and iPod touch 3rd generation or later devices running iOS 5.1 or later, and Android mobile devices running Android 2.3 or later. Your device must be connected to the same working network with wireless 802.11 b/g/n capability as your printer. For users of compatible Apple mobile devices, document printing requires Apple AirPrint, which requires an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
12. Envelopes and High Resolution Paper are NOT supported for borderless printing.
13. 'Full HD Movie Print' is available from 'MOV' and 'MP4' movie files created by select Canon EOS Digital SLRs, PowerShot, and VIXIA digital cameras and camcorders. Requires PC or Mac with Intel processor and Canon ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later for 'MOV' files, or Canon ImageBrowser EX 1.0 or later for 'MOV' or 'MP4' files. Print quality is determined by the video resolution. Function does not upscale video resolution.
14. The Public Switched Telephone Network currently supports fax modem speeds of 28.8 Kbps or lower, depending on telephone line conditions. Sending and receiving fax machines need to conform to ITU-T v.34 guidelines.
15. Black and white document fax transmission speed is based on default setting using ITU-T No.1 chart. Color document fax transmission speed is based on default setting using Canon Color Fax Test Sheet. Actual transmission speed may vary depending on document complexity, fax setting at receiving end, and line conditions etc.
16. Page count is based on ITU-T No.1 chart or Canon FAX Standard Chart No.1.
17. System requirements vary by application. For Mac OS, an Internet connection is required during software installation. For Windows OS, .NET Framework 4 is required to install My Image Garden, Quick Menu, and Easy-WebPrint EX software.
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 4:43 Mins|
The scanner has both a flatbed and auto documnent feeder but it is rather slow compared to more expensive devices. It supposedly offers duplex scanning but that option wasn't available on the Mac driver when I attempted to scan a document. Copying a document is very easy and there are separate buttons for monochrome and color copies. It also worked seamlessly with Apple's AirPrint protocol for zero configuration printing from an iPad and iPhone.
The unit is rather bulky and gets bulkier when paper is loaded as it requires having a tray extended out from the printer at all times. That tray can fold up when not in use but it won't print in that state either. Ink cost should also be a consideration as one set of replacement ink cartridges is about half the cost of the printer. The color inks are all in a single cartridge so if one of the three dries up the entire cartridge will need to be replaced even if the other inks have some life to them.
As with other printers in this segment of the market they are subsidized by the consumable cost, so if you plan to do more high volume work a laser printer might be a better option. I found the cost of ink replacement for this printer to be about the same as its competitors in this segment of the market.
For occasional printing and other light scanning and copying tasks this is a decent printer. But higher volume users may want to look at other options.
My only and GREATEST issue is that for the price (currently close to $100) this printer does NOT support Auto-duplex printing (automatic two-sided printing). I gave it four stars instead of five because for not much more, you can get an automatic 2-sided printing model (see further below for recommended models). When first advertised, Amazon's description had a bullet point stating it had auto-duplex printing. This has fortunately been changed. "MANUAL" duplex printing is the ONLY "printer properties" option that comes up on the 472 model, so you have to go through the hassle of turning the paper around and manually re-inserting it in the bottom tray for it to print on the other side. This is a deal-breaker for me since I want to be able to print 2-sided copies from anywhere in the house without having to trek to the office to turn the sheets around. That's one of the reasons I want a wireless printer in the first place, so I can print from wherever I am and then collect my finished print jobs whenever it's convenient.
Difference between the Canon Pixma MX452 and MX472:
The only differences I found by reading all the product specs available is that the MX472 has these extra features:
1) Google Cloud Print: Allows users to print from Gmail and Google Docs on a mobile device, and from Google Chrome browser for Mac, Windows, Linux, and Chrome devices. With Google Cloud Print, you can print from wherever you are, from applications you use every day. You can even share your home and work printers with anyone you choose.Read more ›
Cloud print from google does support this option, me research leads me to the conclusion that Canon's drivers for cloud print do not.. which sucks for me.. but not for cannon selling the ink.
I'm going to look some more, although I have spent 90 minutes of web searching.. and I'm pretty convinced there is no solution without a change from cannon.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Nice printer for the price. I always have problem when I try to print something from my desktop computer. Read morePublished 19 days ago by Thanya Moolmuang
I bought this for the wireless connectivity, but have not been able to get it to even find my wireless network let alone connect to it. Not very happy with this purchase.Published 1 month ago by Clayton
This printer is the worst! I've invested hours on end on this printer to connect to my computer (Macbook Pro). After all the youtube videos, forums, canon support, I am at a loss. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Beverly Porras
Good while it lasted which wasn't but a year plus. Didn't even use it on a daily basis either. Got this stupid error code on the display panel and found out from others once that... Read morePublished 1 month ago by flameonramon
A real ink hog. Print quality is good, no paper jams, and the scanning and copying functions work well. Its good for the price, but get ready to shell out a bunch for ink.Published 1 month ago by Keith Ishida
This has been a great printer. Worked great printing pictures on picture paper. Fairly quiet as fast printing speed. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Michael S.