Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Canon MX492 Wireless All-IN-One Small Printer with...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 56% off the $99.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Canon MX492 Wireless All-IN-One Small Printer with Mobile or Tablet Printing, Airprint and Google Cloud Print Compatible
|Price:||$50.91 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The space-saving small printer fits about anywhere in your home, office or dorm.
- Air Print: Print wirelessly and effortlessly from your compatible iPhone, iPad or iPod touch --no drivers needed!
- Print and scan photos or documents from your mobile device using the free Canon PRINT app.
- Save time with the fully integrated Auto Document Feeder
- We are here for you with 100% US-based Service & Support.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
Wireless All-in-One Color Printer
Wireless l Print l Copy l Scan l Fax
Print from more locations than ever with the MX492 thanks to outstanding connectivity options and the ability to place the printer more places than ever with it’s 30% reduction in size over previous MX models. With Google Cloud Print and AirPrint, you can print wirelessly from your compatible smartphone or tablet from virtually anywhere around the office. It’s loaded with timesaving features, as well, including a fully-integrated automatic document feeder which holds up to 20 sheets. Plus, the optional XL ink cartridges mean you can print longer before having to replace your cartridges.
What's in the Box
- PIXMA MX492 Wireless Office All-In-One Printer
- FINE Cartridges
- Setup CD-ROM
- Telephone Line Cable
- Manuals and other documents
- (USB cable NOT included)
Our built-in wireless features will automatically connect to help you save time so you can print or scan anywhere around the house.
Unlock the power of printing with your mobile device. Print or scan from your phone using a variety of applications.
Features: AirPrint, Google Cloud Print and the Canon Print app
Featuring a new, compact design, the MX492 is more than 30% smaller than previous MX Models.
Lets you print quietly while not disturbing those around you.
Scan to Cloud
You can share your home and work printers with anyone you choose.
The fully-integrated automatic document feeder holds up to 20 sheets.
The high speed business fax has 19 coded speed dials and memory for up to 50 incoming pages.
Small Footprint and Business Quality Printing right from your Smartphone or Tablet
Top Customer Reviews
This is a fine printer for at home, where you might only print your kid's homework, the occasional downloaded pattern or a form you need to fill out and mail, or if your kid did some artwork in a computer program that they want to print out and keep, or you want to print out some photos to share or scrapbook or what have you. It doesn't hold a lot of paper, so if you want a printer to print out all of your wedding invitations on, no, this is not for you. If you're going to print out all your Christmas cards, it depends on how many people are on your Christmas card list. More than 50, I would say probably not. It does a fine job with everything I've given it to do, but I haven't asked for more than 5 pages at a time, and that is plenty right now. Our kid is off at college, and my husband does his printing at the office, so it is just recipe cards, the occasional photo, and a letter or two. I plan to do some scanning, because there's stuff to share with the family that is only on paper right now. It will be nice once everybody has a digital copy. I was really annoyed about getting a new printer, because the last one cost me $200 and we had barely used it and the ink was so $%&^* expensive all the time. It was nice to pay less than $100 but I did check around and see who charged what for ink this time because I did not want to have to take money out of the grocery budget to buy ink every time lol. I did not buy the cheapest printer because the cheap one was highway robbery on ink, you check it out. I have a mac. I did not have too much difficulty with setting up my computer once I got all my software updates for my OS done. You just go to the Canon website and you can download whatever you need. Just remember to spell Canon right. I kept typing in Cannon and getting the wrong website. So there you go, learn from my mistakes!
- Prints pretty fast (after the click-whirr-click-whirr-click-whirr startup that lasts quite a while)CANON MG7520 Wireless Color Cloud Printer with Scanner and Copier: Mobile, Smart Phone, Tablet Printer, and AirPrint(TM) Compatible,Black
- Photo prints are surprisingly good
- Network printing works well from networked Macs and iPhones (including scanning from a wifi mac)
- It is fairly compact. Unlike many printers like this there is not a big bubble but sticking out the back. They tend to be quite misleading in their product photos but this one is pretty true to what is shown in the picture (though the paper feeder sticks out the front when you actually use it - see The Bad).
- It feels very cheaply made. The scanner cover is very lightweight and somewhat flimsy. Also it sounds like it might damage itself while it is clicking and whirring and printing.
- The paper feed tray pulls out in the front (the front panel that says "Canon" in the picture lays flat down on the desk) and it sticks out a bit. Not too terrible since the output tray has to go there too but it is pretty misleading when you see that picture. Kind of seems like there is a tray internally and the paper comes out on the top but that is not the case. I searched a bit for a picture of this thing opened up and could not find one.
- I have already had 3 paper jams and only printed like 10 things. Not a good sign. Moreover the only way to clear the jam is to power cycle which is kind of a pain. It jammed with regular letter paper and 4x6 photo paper.
- There is no backlight on the LCD display and it has a fairly dark background. It was tucked under a a desk hutch and I had to get put a lamp close to it in order to read it.
That's it for now. I'll try to post an update in the future regarding how reliable it is. Though if the paper keeps jamming then I may very well be sending it back soon.
*** Update April 3rd, 2015 ***
Still having jamming issues but discovered that there is a rear access door that can be opened to remove the jammed paper. This helps but doesn't excuse the fact that the paper jams WAY to often. I had an older MP530 for nearly 10 years that never jammed even once in all that time. I will probably be returning this one ...
*** Update 2, April 4th, 2015 ***
I have returned this printer and updated my review to two stars. This thing really is junk. I spent a bit more and got a different Canon: Pixma MG7520 (CANON MG7520 Wireless Color Cloud Printer with Scanner and Copier: Mobile, Smart Phone, Tablet Printer, and AirPrint(TM) Compatible,Black) and have been very happy with the new one. Canon needs to just remove the MX492 from their lineup. I understand people want inexpensive printers but this one is just terrible.