Canon PIXMA MX512 Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Fully-Integrated 30-sheet auto document feeder for rapid document copying, scanning and faxing
- FastFront System makes changing ink and paper easy and convenient right from the front of the printer
- The Dual Function Panel feature provides useful function buttons that transform into a keypad in fax mode for easier operation
- Print and scan wirelessly right from your compatible iPhone, iPad or Android Device, no computer needed
- Full HD Movie Print turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with your compatible Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot cameras into beautiful prints
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
Bring excellent quality, speed, and ease of use to your home office all in the name of increased productivity. This begins with built-in Wi-Fi®1 for printing and scanning virtually anywhere in your home from computers and compatible mobile devices. This also includes AirPrint2, which lets you wirelessly print photos, emails, web pages, documents and more from compatible iPad, Phone or iPod touch devices to a compatible Canon PIXMA Wireless All-In-One. An integrated 30-sheet Auto Document Feeder, built-in Auto Duplex Printing, a Dual Function Panel, and FastFront are just some of the features that can allow you to easily multi-task while your PIXMA MX512 is at work. This can bring office efficiency to all-new levels and reduce cost at the same time.
4800 x 1200 maximum color resolution3 and the FINE Cartridge System means superb business document printing and efficiency while built-in imaging technology ensures the integrity of originals are preserved with each copy and scan. Maintain security standards by utilizing features to prevent misdialed fax transmissions and keep scanned files password protected.
The MX512 also allows you to turn your office into a photo lab and print beautiful, borderless4 photo lab quality photos up to 8.5" x 11" in size. Your photo printing options now also include Full HD video5 while you can enjoy computer-less printing through compatible direct print options.
The MX512 delivers the business imaging quality and versatile solutions that can assist you in bringing your business to the next level. So, you can print business documents when you need to and photos when you want to.
| || |
PIXMA MX512 W/PP-201 Wireless Office All-In-One Printer
Business Quality Imaging right at Home
FEATURES & BENEFITS
SPEED & QUALITY
4800 x 1200 maximum color dpi3 produces incredible quality and detail in both your business documents and photos.
High Performance Ink Cartridges:
These two genuine Canon ink cartridges contain specially formulated inks for great document and photo quality. One is a Pigment Black cartridge for crisp, professional text and one is a multi-color cartridge for pictures. Both are easy to use and replace.
Beautiful, Borderless Photos Fast:
Print a borderless, 4" x 6" photo in approximately 46 seconds.7
This system combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select genuine Canon photo papers and inks for beautiful borderless photos that will last up to 100 years when stored in an archival-quality photo album.8
EASE OF USE
Dual Function Panel:
This streamlined control panel provides useful function buttons that transform into a keypad in fax mode for easier operation.
Fully-Integrated, 30-sheet Auto Document Feeder:
Easily copy, scan and fax multiple documents without having to load them one page at a time. Enjoy full integration so the printer can better fit in tight workspaces.
Built-In Auto Duplex Printing:
Automatically print on both sides of the page without the hassle of turning it over manually. This can reduce your paper consumption and cost by up to 50%.
This innovative design feature allows for even easier replacement of your Genuine Canon Ink and papers right from the front of the machine.
Full HD Movie Print:
Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with compatible Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot cameras into beautiful prints.5
Easily view, select and edit your images for simple computer-free printing. No downloading needed, just choose your picture and print!
Auto Scan Mode:
With one press of the Scan button your original is automatically recognized and saved in the correct format.9
Auto Document Fix:
This built-in software automatically analyzes and corrects both text and image documents so text will remain clear and easy to read with pronounced edges, and pictures will keep their true color with highlights, shadows, and dots being smoothed out.
Print and scan wirelessly1 from any Wi-Fi® enabled computer around the house.
This wired LAN interface lets you connect to a home or office network, with connected computers able to share printer functions and display the printer's status at any moment.
Super G3 Fax:
The high speed business fax10 standard for color and PC facsimiles on plain paper meets the home office workhorse with 20 coded speed dials and up to 50 incoming pages.11
Wirelessly print photos, emails, web pages, documents and more from compatible iPad, Phone or iPod touch devices to a compatible Canon PIXMA Wireless All-In-One. There’s no software to download, no drivers to install, and no cables to connect. Just see it, tap it, and print it!2
The free EasyPhoto-Print app lets you wirelessly print and scan jpg and pdf files from compatible iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Android devices.6
Memory Cards / USB / PictBridge & Optional Bluetooth:
Print directly from compatible memory cards12, USB Flash Drives, digital camera, DV camcorder or camera phones via PictBridge13, or the optional BU-30 wireless Bluetooth14 unit-without a computer.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES & BENEFITS
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
| || |
|PIXMA MX432 |
Wireless Office All-In-One
|PIXMA MX512 |
Wireless Office All-In-One
|PIXMA MX892 |
Wireless Office All-In-One
|Functions||Print, Copy, Scan, Fax, Photo||Print, Copy, Scan, Fax, Photo||Print, Copy, Scan, Fax, Photo|
|Speed & Quality|
|ISO Print Speed (up to)18 / |
4" x 6" Borderless Photo8
|Print Resolution (up to)4 / |
Minimum Ink Droplet Size
|Ink Cartridges / Tanks|
|Maximum Scan Resolution|
|Ease of Use|
|2 Way Paper Feeding||-||-|
|Dual Function Panel||-|
|Auto Document Feeder|
|Full HD Movie Print Software Included6|
|Google Cloud Print20||-||-|
|PIXMA Cloud Link3||-||-|
|Direct Photo Printing7,13,15|
GENUINE CANON INKS & PAPER
- Wireless printing requires a working Ethernet network with wireless 802.11b/g or n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
- Printer firmware update may be necessary for AirPrint function. Certain exception may apply. AirPrint functionality requires an iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, Airport Base Station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
- Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/4800 inch at minimum.
- Supported paper types for borderless printing are as follows: Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss, Photo Paper Glossy and Matte Photo Paper.
- Full HD Movie Print allows printing from HD or Full HD "MOV" movie files created by Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot digital cameras. From PC, or Mac with Intel® processor. Print quality is determined by video resolution. Function does not upscale video resolution. Requires Canon ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later, or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later.
- Requires Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for iPhone app, available for free on the App Store, or Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for Android app available for free in the Android Market. Compatible with iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, iPad, iPod touch and Android devices running Android OS 1.6 or later.
- Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed is measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage. See www.usa.canon.com/printspeed for additional information.
- Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions, and environmental factors. See www.usa.canon.com/chromalife100 for additional details.
- For network users, Auto Scan Mode is only available when scanning at a computer using MP Navigator EX software and selecting the 1-click feature then "save to PC".
- The Public Switched Telephone Network currently supports fax modem speeds of 28.8 Kbps or lower, depending on telephone line conditions. Sending and receiving fax machines need to conform to ITU-T v.34 guidelines.
- Page count is based on ITU-T No.1 chart or Canon FAX Standard Chart No.1.
- Compatible memory cards include SD™ Memory Card, SDHC™, MultiMediaCard® (v4.1), MultiMediaCard® Plus (v4.1), Memory Stick®, Memory Stick PRO™, Memory Stick Duo™ and Memory Stick PRO Duo™. The following can be used with the addition of a special adapter sold separately: miniSD™ Card, miniSDHC™, microSD™ Card, microSDHC™, RS-MMC™ (v4.1), Memory Stick Micro.
- Requires mobile phone equipped with PictBridge technology and a USB cable.
- Requires mobile phone (or other device) equipped with Bluetooth v2.0 technology and optional Canon Bluetooth Unit BU-30. Bluetooth operation depends on the device and software version used. Operating distance is approx. 10 meters but may vary due to obstacles, radio signals, locations where radio interference occurs, magnetic fields from microwave ovens, device sensitivity and/or antenna performance.
- System requirements vary by application.
- ISO/IEC 24734, 24735 define the default print and copy speed measurement methods. Print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734, excluding time to print the first set. Copy speed is the average of FCOT, ISO/IEC 24735 Annex D. ADF copy speed is the average of ESAT in General Performance Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24735, excluding time to copy the first set. See www.usa.canon.com/ipm for additional details.
- Black & white document fax transmission speed is based on default setting using ITU-T No.1 chart. Color document fax transmission speed is based on default setting using Canon Color Fax Test Sheet. Actual transmission speed vary depending on document complexity, fax setting at receiving end, and line conditions etc.
- Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.usa.canon.com/support for details.
- To access CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM from a qualifying Canon printer, all of the software that came with the printer and the full set of compatible genuine Canon ink tanks must be properly installed.
- Requires an Internet connection and Google Account. Printer firmware update may be necessary for Google Cloud Print function. Subject to Google Terms of Service. Certain exceptions may apply. A PC running Windows XP or later or a Mac running OS 10.4.11 or later and USB cable required to perform firmware update.
Top Customer Reviews
After nine months of use, this printer has not stood up well to the test of even light household printing tasks. It is chronically afflicted with difficult-to-clear paper jams and print cartridges require regular alignment/nozzle cleaning. Consider other options for your all-in-one printing needs.
Original review follows below:
Overall --and especially at the nicely discounted price as I write this review-- this is a decently performing all-in-one. No major issues noted with any of the print, fax or copy functions. However, I was not able to use the scan functions using either WiFi or ethernet connections. Attempts at both yielded error messages from the scanner software that simply provided a laundry list of all possible problems ("the printer is not connected to the network...") while doing nothing to diagnose the actual problem. These disappeared and scanning was successful when I used a USB cable instead of either wireless or ethernet connectivity for scanning. Go figure.
-Relatively easy set-up. Although documentation is limited to a quick start guide for printer unpacking and set-up, the printer offers sufficient additional detail both from its own LCD menu display and from the included utility software.
-Copy and fax functions are simple and intuitive.
-Double sided printing is possible without having to manually turn the paper over...yes!
-Easily adjustable paper guides.
-Relatively quiet operation free of harsh printer head movements.
-Satisfactory text and photo hardcopy quality.
-Unable to scan via ethernet or Wifi; had to use a USB cable to complete scan jobs.
-Limited scanner output options (.jpg or .pdf).Read more ›
Make sure you do firmware upgrade to get the AIRPRINT to work.
It takes at most 30 minutes.
Love all the features, need to use it little more and will provide update in few weeks.
FYI, it comes with the black and color ink cartridges, do not need to buy
extra from Amazon.
Now for the specifics of what she likes (+) and does not like (-).
(+)Even though it does not include a USB cable, setting up wireless is incredibly easy, even if you're not
the most tech-savvy person.
(+)Quality of documents sent through the copier is exceptionally good for a home unit. Black-and-white
documents are of crisp quality, and even colour documents turn out decently.
(+)Printer works at a decent speed.
(-)This is definitely not a unit for artists or graphic-design-minded users.
Scanner has very limited dpi options; the highest you can go is 600dpi, and while the quality of the
photo printer is quite decent, there are still imperfections that someone who works in illustration/design
will be able to pick up on right away.
Overall: This unit is good for general home use, but is not ideal for anyone wanting to use it to make their
own high-quality art prints or to scan in a considerably higher dpi.
I do not have a home office. I plan to use the Canon Pixma MX512 for creating hardcopy documents occasionally and printing digital photographs. It was obvious during my shakedown cruise with the machine that it did those things perfectly. In fact, the photo printing features are outstanding. It is possible to add a date stamp to photos printed out even if no stamp was inserted on the original image. I am very happy with the photo features on the new MX512 printer.
There is some basic photo editing possible as photos are prepared for printing. The editing features are rather basic, but useful in a pinch.
I have not set up my MX512 for faxing, but it looks like that feature will work as well as the rest of the things it does. This is a feature I probably didn't need and won't use. I leave others to review that attribute.
The main thing that attracted me to the Canon MX512 was the AirPrint feature which allows one to connect a variety of computers wirelessly via a WiFi router. I was not disappointed--the AirPrint works perfectly.
I probably have more printer in the MX512 than I need, but I will continue using it because it has the AirPrint feature. My previous printer was a Canon MP640 and I liked it very much, but without the AirPrint capacity it is being retired.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I like very good. It is real nice it prints very good sharp Pictures I really like it.Published 2 months ago by Phillip Densley
I bought this for home / small business use replacing a HP printer. the only reason I replaced the HP was so I could go wireless. I probably should have stayed with the HP brand. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Dale K.Renfrow
This is a convenient and compact all in one. Love that I can keep in anywhere I want since it is wireless. The ink is affordable and lasts for a fair amount of time. Read morePublished 6 months ago by C. Wells
Love this printer, best of all the ink is not that expensive. Now that is a plus for me.Published 12 months ago by Linda