Canon PIXMA G1200 Megatank Single Function Printer, Print Only, Black
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Print up to 6,000 crisp black pages / 7,000 magnificent color pages(2)
- Easily monitor your ink levels by checking the clear, front-mounted reservoirs
- Easy, mess-free ink refilling
- Ink is equivalent to 30 conventional ink cartridge sets(1)
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More to consider from our brands
Top rated from our brands
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
What is a Megatank?
- An inkjet printer that uses a continuous ink supply system to deliver sustainable, high quality, cost-effective prints.
- Design to last as long as 30 conventional ink cartridge sets(2).
- Can print up to 6,000 x3 crisp black pages / 7,000 magnificent color pages(1)
STACK UP THE PRINTS - NOT EMPTY CARTRIDGES
Print l Copy l Scan l Fax
Meet the Canon PIXMA G4210 Wireless MegaTank All-In-Printer, built for getting serious printing done. The PIXMA G4210 makes printing cost-effective and hassle-free, thanks to its innovative MegaTank Ink system which can deliver up to 6,000 sharp, black text pages / 7,000 vivid color pages, plus you get two full-size BONUS black ink bottles(1).
What’s in the box:
- PIXMA G4210 Wireless MegaTank All-In-One Printer
- Full Set of Ink Bottles (BK,C,M,Y)
- +TWO BONUS Full Size Black (BK) Ink Bottles
- Black Print Head
- Color Print Head
- Power Cord
- Telephone Cord
- Setup CD-ROM
Continuous Ink Supply System (CISS)
Instead of standard ink cartridges the G4210 uses a CISS which delivers a high quantity of ink volume constantly to the print heads through an air tight tube. This makes printing large quantities efficient and stable.
Print up to 6,000 black text pages / 7,000 color pages, and even more black text pages with the two bonus black ink bottles included in the box.
30x More Ink
MegaTank’s integrated ink tanks can print up to 30x the amount of ink – compared to standard ink cartridge sets(2).
Document & Borderless Photo Printing
Enjoy the increase in print volume, while not sacrificing the quality of text-heavy documents & borderless photos (6).
Close Up Shot of ADF/FAX
Scan, copy and fax multi-page documents quickly with the Auto Document Feeder (ADF). The ADF has a capacity of 20 sheets of plain paper/5 sheets of legal size paper.
Conveniently view and refill Ink with Integrated Ink Tanks and be mess free with MegaTank Ink Bottles. Simply screw off the cap and squeeze the bottle to pour ink into the tank.
Sharp Black Text
Print detailed documents with Sharp Black Text from the pigment black ink.
Print beautiful Borderless Photos(6) in (4”x6”, 5”x5”, 5”x7”, 8”x10, 8.5”x11”)
|PIXMA G4210 Wireless All-In-One Printer||PIXMA G3200 Wireless All-In-One Printer||PIXMA G2200 All-In-One Printer||PIXMA G1200 Single Function Printer|
|Printer Features||Print, Copy, Scan and Fax||Print,Copy and Scan||Print,Copy and Scan||Print Only|
|Auto Document Feeder||✓||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Page Yield(1)||Up to 6,000 x 3 (Black & White) / 7,000 (Color) Pages(1)||Up to 6,000 (Black & White) / 7,000 (Color) Pages||Up to 6,000 (Black & White) / 7,000 (Color) Pages||Up to 6,000 (Black & White) / 7,000 (Color) Pages|
|TWO BONUS BK Inks||✓|
|Paper Sizes||4” x 6”, 5” x 5” Square, 5” x 7”, 8” x 10”, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes||4” x 6”, 5” x 5” Square, 5” x 7”, 8” x 10”, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes||4” x 6”, 5” x 5” Square, 5” x 7”, 8” x 10”, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes||4” x 6”, 5” x 5” Square, 5” x 7”, 8” x 10”, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes|
|Google Cloud Print(5)||✓||✓|
|Print Speed (ipm)(7)||8.8 IPM Black / 5.0 IPM Color||8.8 IPM Black / 5.0 IPM Color||8.8 IPM Black / 5.0 IPM Color||8.8 IPM Black / 5.0 IPM Color|
1. Page yield of included ink bottles used for initial setup is lower than the replacement ink bottles, as a certain amount of ink is consumed to fill into the print head during setup (charging the print head initially). Page yield is the estimated value based on Canon individual test method using the ISO/IEC 24712 chart and continuous printing simulation with the replacement ink bottles after initial setup. Page yield of color inks is an average yield of cyan, magenta and yellow inks combined. Page yield varies significantly depending on content printed, ink levels maintained in all four reservoirs, and other factors. Up to 6,000 (black)/7,000 (color) printed page yields are approximate, based off document pages printed.
2. 30 ink cartridge sets is based on print yield of the included black and color ink bottles as compared to the following standard-capacity cartridge sets: PG-245 Black Ink Cartridge and CL-246 Color Ink Cartridge as of August 2016.
3. Wireless printing and scanning requires a working network with wireless 802.11b/g/n/ac or ad capability, operating at 2.4GHz. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
4. AirPrint functionality requires a compatible iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch device running iOS 7.0 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
5. Requires an Internet connection and Google account. Subject to Google Terms of Service. Certain exceptions may apply.
6. Paper types NOT supported for borderless printing are as follows: Envelope, High Resolution Paper, T-Shirt Transfer and Photo Stickers. The maximum borderless printing size is 8.5”x11”.
7. Document print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734. Photo print speed is based on the default setting using ISO/JIS-SCID N2 on Photo Paper Plus Glossy II and does not take into account data processing time on host computer. Print speed may vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, page coverage, type of paper used etc. Copy speeds are the average of sFCOT and sESAT, ISO/IEC 29183. Copy speed may vary depending on document complexity, copy mode, page coverage, type of paper used etc. and does not take into account warming up time. See www.usa.canon.com/ipm for additional details.
Introducing the Canon PIXMA G1200 MegaTank inkjet printer, an absolute mega performer. That’s because the PIXMA G1200 printer replacement inks do the work of up to 30 conventional ink cartridge sets1. That translates to 6,000 razor sharp black pages / 7,000 vivid color pages2. Which means you won’t have to run out to buy ink for a long time because you won’t be running low anytime soon!
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Downloaded the g2200 manual and tried to follow the wireless setup instuctions which of course wont work! Why would the manual have instuctions for something the printer is not built to do?!?!?
I searched again and read questions and answers and noticed that in OCTOBER 2018 canon finally had answered and said the g2200 is NOT wireless (I stupidly believed the 2 customers answers that said it was wireless!! Dont trust customer answers people!) I would have bought the 3200 if i had known!
Then I saw that my return window closed 30 days (thanks alot amazon! Not happy about this at all.) after purchase. I would expect amazon to have a longer return on an expensive printer, especially for gift purchases.
The only issue I had which is no where in the manual is how to setup the printer for first use. I am using this on a iMac so I don't know if this will be the same issue with Windows PC. Installing the driver was straight forward until you get to the "print test". I keep on getting an error of "The Printer is performing Another Operation". After about searching Google for 30min I stumbled onto a very informative website. The site suggest that the printer needs to be prime for the first time. To prime the ink, press and hold the "form feed" button (it is below the power button) for 5 seconds. The printer will start to prime. It is a long process about 6 mins long. It will use a significant amount of ink. However, once it is done, "Test Print" will work. Also printed a word document as verification.
I hope this was worth it. This item is suppose to print thousands of pages before running out of ink. However, if I have to waste ink priming all the time... well.....
Update: The printer does not automatically go to sleep or wake up. You have to manually turn on the printer and turn it off. My normal setup is to have it printer share turn on on the iMac. However, since the print drivers are in a all-in-one executable package I have been unsuccessful installing the Windows 10 drivers. Bonjour for Windows can't read the executable package and the executable package will not install the print drivers unless the printer is physically connected to the computer. I found a way to pull the .ini file from the executable and have Bonjour for Windows use the .ini file but it will not print.
I have the 2200. It is pretty bare bones. No duplex printing (not without manually reinserting the paper, but it least it prompts for that). Network printing not supported. I was able to network it by plugging it into my router and adding an app (Netgear Nighthawk).
It prints acceptably. I print a lot, but high quality is not what I need or look for. Where this printer earns it is in ink cost. I have been running this about 4 months and still have more than half the ink left. I would have easily spent $100 on ink for my old printer by now, maybe more. If it lasts another 4 months it will have paid for itself, as compared to my old printer. I did see another review mentioning an 'ink absorber' being full. If this occurs I will revisit this review. For now, so far so good.
I have not used it for scanning so I cannot comment on that feature. Not even sure if it would function the way I have it plugged into the router.
I do use old paper in this without any trouble. By that I mean paper already printed on one side.
edit 06/2020 - I hit the ink absorber full error. There is a hack on the web to clear this. I did so and I am back to printing. Otherwise it would have become landfill material. I did not do anything to the ink absorber, just reset the count. Still printing fine. I am still saving tons of money on ink. Overall an economical choice but not the greatest of features. I am looking at a second one for my home office, I'll have to up the model because I need wifi printing at home which this model does not do. I'd buy this again based on the economy of it, but keep in mind it's a very basic printer and there aren't a ton of good alternatives.
Top reviews from other countries
I love Canon but this was definitely not my favorite printer and i returned it three weeks ago and still have not received my refund even though a refund was approved.