Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

I've used generic refills in the past and found they leaked. So I'd rather pay a little more to buy real Canon ink. I use this ink in three different printers over about 6 years and I've never had a problem with leaking or defective tanks. The ink is clear, and dries fast. The tanks seem to last a long time but that totally depends on what you're printing. I can say it's also great for photos, with or w/o glossy paper. You don't need to get special photo ink if you use nice paper (it comes with great glossy 4x6 paper). I also like that Staples will give me $2 (to spend in their store) for each used tank. That means I get $8 total back from Staples, even if I purchased them at Amazon. Yay!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
VINE VOICEon April 22, 2013
Throughout the years I have tried almost every brand of Brand X ink in an attempt to save a few bucks. I succeeded in saving a few bucks but I sure wasted money in doing so. Canon ink just works so much better than any other brand I tried without exception. Brand X clogged the print heads causing excessive cleaning and in one instance the printer no longer printed. I hate to discard a good printer because of bad ink so I decided it would be Canon ink regardless of the price.

This time the package contained a bonus of 50 sheets of PP-201. PP-201 is a glossy 6"X4" 40# (I am guessing at the weight) paper stock that is perfect for all those 6X4 images we all print so often. That is, except for me. I hardly ever print in that size but I will find a use for them. The inclusion of the PP-201s is not a governing consideration at all. The only consideration is having an ink that prints whatever I want. The Canon and its ink cartridges do just that.

My complaint as I have stated before is the cost per page and the fact that the printer (MX860) requires each cartridge to be in place with ink otherwise it will not print. I cannot substitute a yellow for a blue or a black or a yellow. Does not matter. I get output consistently and with ease. Those factors alone seal the deal.
on March 12, 2013
I've been dealing with printers and copiers now for over 30 years, 16 of which were as an IT manager. During that time, I've learned through several lessons that it's always wise to stay with the original manufacturer's ink. Such factors as color fastness, viscosity, uniform particle size (in the case of laser printers), and built-in lubrication (for dot-matrix printers) all contribute to print heads lasting much longer. And we tested this with printers by various manufacturers. Once we built the case, our purchasing people allowed us to avoid "white-box" products.

The Canon inks are of high quality. But the MX870 printer has such small cartridges that one is constantly replacing them. Not a fault of the replacement cartridges so much as of the printer's design. Like most ink-jet inks, these will smudge when subjected to moisture. Some people use hair spray to fix the inks after printing, but Canon does not support this approach. Spray-lacquer for photos is available from some photographic specialty companies in glossy, satin, and matte finishes. I would love to see Canon and other inkjet manufacturers produce a smudge-free ink of like quality in other respects.
on August 20, 2013
Ink is such a dilemma in our modern era. On the one hand you can get ink cartrides for so much cheaper but the problem I have run across is that, particularly with this printer that has microchips in all 5 cartridges, one bad cartridge messes up the whole works. Almost 25% of the time with the non-Canon cartridges I get a bad one. that's okay considering it was so cheap and I'm sure they'll take them back (although I've never bothered). My problem is sometimes I just can't have my printer not work. So I usually buy some of the cheap stuff and keep a factory set on hand just in case of emergency.

For some reason this set is the cheapest combo pack on Amazon, but it comes with 4x6 photo paper that I never use.
on March 25, 2016
I am physically resided in Taiwan. Therefore, I am worried about the quality of this product. Another reason is that I can not purchase this product in Taiwan because this model of printer only sales in US. Taiwan Canon does not provide services or support to oversea model. Because I intend to use this printer as long as it is in good working order, It is very important for me to know that I can locate this product' ink from US market. The item come in excellent condition, in original package and I am able to use it right away.

YES! when condition occurred, I will order more.
on July 26, 2017
Thank you Amazon for being there. I never think about buying these cartridges when I'm out somewhere and then I get home, get on the computer and try to print something and, oh yeah, I needed to buy those cartridges. It helps to have them in just a day or two!!!
on July 20, 2013
Canon is the best! Love their products and if you have a Canon printer, don't buy anything but Canon ink. It'll last so much longer than if you stick cheap ink into it. Believe me, I tried it the first time around! One note, this package comes with three of the 221 colors but it comes with the larger 220 black ink, not the 221 black. I own the Canon Pixma MX870, and this ink is the ticket although it doesn't last quite as long as I'd like. Perhaps it just because the printer tends to be a bit of an ink hog. Still, I wish the cartridges were a bit larger for the price. One great thing about this combo pack though, is that it also comes with 50 glossy sheets of photo paper, which makes it an even better deal for those who print their own photos. Great buy, awesome product.
on August 27, 2013
I know that some other printer brands may do a better job on "photographic quality" printing, but these ink supplies do a more than acceptable job for the purpose for which they are intended with Canon multifunction printers.

I like that I can buy a set of refills for my printer(s) and use one color in one printer and another color in a second printer. Then when one color is low, I can buy individual refills for just that color. I have always been unhappy with printers that have all colors in one cartridge. These individual cartridges are much more economical and I would highly recommend them.
on September 8, 2017
was the cheapest deal I could find... the cartridges are the same as the ones I got from a store, Paper was a plus...finding it harder to get these cartridges.. Got them much earlier than stated...super.
on July 14, 2017
Please include the small black ink. When my others run out, my printer needs black too. Otherwise, would be 5 stars.
I now have to either order it sep or order a pack of the whole ensemble.