Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on August 19, 2013
I bought this camera for my son for his 12th birthday because of the price and the fact that I have an older model Canon Powershot that I love. I was disappointed when I received the camera. It is very lightweight, to the point of feeling very cheap. My son really liked it though, very easy to use. The wrist strap that comes with the camera is not adjustable so it does not tighten on your wrist. We were in a cave in Colorado three days after he received it and he was taking a picture and the camera slipped out of his hand and since the wrist strap was not tightened on his wrist, it fell to the rock floor and broke. I called Canon to see about getting it repaired. It was a minimum $89 plus shipping to and from. The camera cost me $85 including shipping thru Amazon. Obviously this was no one's fault but my son's (although obviously he did not intend to drop it) but I don't know why a reputable company like Canon would cut such a cheap corner on their wrist strap and not make it adjustable. I called Amazon to see if by any chance they would let me purchase a new one a a reduced cost, not expecting them to let me, and understandably so. The Amazon rep sent me a brand new camera with free shipping and even sent a pre-paid UPS label to return the broken camera. I have always been so impressed with Amazon's customer service. The camera is alright, takes good pictures, but definitely buy a better wrist strap for it. But so grateful to Amazon for replacing this for us!
2828 comments| 228 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 10, 2013
Got this yesterday and like it, had Canon PowerShot A2300 IS 16.0 MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom (Black) before. Just to note, PowerShot A2500 is an entry-level pocket camera which is very similar to PowerShot A2300: 16-megapixel 1/2.3" sensor, DiGiC 4 processor, and 5x zoom 28mm wide angle lens, 2.7" LCD. Even 720p HD video capabilities are the same.

1. What really distinguishes it from its predecessor is Smart Auto Mode recognizing 32 shooting environments and adjusts settings for better quality. It automatically selects the best shooting settings for optimal quality based on the environmental factors (lightning I guess) to provide point'n'shoot simplicity.

2. 16.0 Megapixels, with loads of resolution pictures are still clear. High resolution is also good for producing biggest printouts.

3. 5x Optical Zoom is sufficient in most cases.

4. DIGIC 4 Image Processor. Not as fast as DIGIC 5 though fast and powerful enough to give you advanced system options, provide quick-shoot with reliable performance and low battery consumption. As far as I know DIGIC 4 is currently Canon's most efficient processor for budget cameras. BTW it has some Eco mode, that is said to be providing even faster warm-up times and saves the standard battery, but I haven't tested it yet.

5. Very lightweight, just put it into your pocket, can take it everywhere.

6. Price tag - $99. You can't get any better camera for the price.

1. Like A2300 it lacks optical image stabilization, though it's got digital image stabilization.

2. 1/2.3" sensor. Well, entry level CCD providing good pictures, not of a DSLR quality, that's all I can say.

Sure this is not the best camera in the world. I definitely knew it when I bought the camera. BUT, I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of pictures I shot.

If you're like me (not a pro) and looking for a budget point-and-shoot camera taking family photos and events, mostly shoot in daylight or good lighting, I'd definitely recommend it, taking into account its price tag of $99 - just about right.
2929 comments| 698 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 21, 2013
One review remarked that the cord for uploading onto a computer was missing - figured that was probably a fluke...however...no
cord! No memory card! A miniscule user manual. We had to download a user manual - 109 pages on our printer! We had to go
out and buy the transfer cord. And, we have yet to be able to get an old memory card transferred! This is shoddy stuff and I was
sure it had "Made in China" somewhere on the packaging...however it says "Canada" - maybe we'd've been better off had it been
Made in China!?! If it weren't such a pain, I would return this in a minute! This is not worthy of Amazon's quality and is the first
time I have been disappointed by anything I've ever ordered. I just hope the printer we recently ordered is of higher quality and
not so confusing - and comes with instructions!
55 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 5, 2013
after waiting 7 days to receive my camera, there was no memory card or power cord inside and it was useless. if I know I would order memory card, but there was no mention to that in the description info !!
55 comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 18, 2014
My mother in law and sister in law ranted and raved about this camera so when it came time to replace my old camera that I bought back in 2007, I decided to trust them and buy this camera. My previous camera was a Nikon Coolpix S4 that I bought for a trip to Portugal and over the years, people have always commented how great the pictures I take were. My niece even asked me to be her wedding photographer which I had to decline due to having two small children. Anyway, back to this camera. My first experience with the camera was a family vacation with my husband and two daughters (age 2 and 4 months old). I found that it took forever to take a picture and the camera got confused at times at what "scene" it was. Example, we were at a indoor water park and the camera had issues taking pictures since it kept rotating through the different scenes on Auto mode. My husband came down two slides and I missed shots of both. Using this camera to take a picture of my kids who can't sit still is impossible. This camera does not do well with action shots. I did use this camera to take pictures at my niece's wedding (not as the main photographer thankfully) and it struggled to take shots of the bride and her father coming up the aisle. Compared with my old camera, it takes 50% longer to take a picture. Needless to say, I will be gifting this camera to some teenager who doesn't have high expectations. It is well worth to just spend another $100 and get a much better camera. If you have kids and want a camera that takes quick shots, THIS IS NOT THE CAMERA. I even tried to do the manual setting and the camera still took forever to take pictures. What was frustrating as well was as I reviewed my pictures from my vacation, some of them are blurry since I guess I didn't hold the button down long enough for it to focus before I took the shot. I have two kids and don't have time for such silliness so I am going to cut my losses and move on :-)
22 comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 27, 2014
The Cannon POWER SHOT A2500 is advertised as a POINT AND SHOOT so I was researching the camera for my own needs. I had a Panasonic HM-TA2 that was great for simple point and shoot shots but this winter it was destroyed in an accidental crushing ( don't ask ). The Panasonic was basically Point and shoot with not much more to change, only a few options, it's only down fall was the battery is not replaceable.
I wanted to find an inexpensive POINT AND SHOOT and this camera caught my eye. You really need to look at what they are saying or even look at the USER MANUAL to understand this camera.

POINT AND SHOOT - Yes, in AUTO MODE, this is a very good point and shoot camera. There is little you need to do but aim the camera. Even movie mode has a button just for filming movies and yes, point and shoot movies.

The camera has an actual 5 power OPTICAL zoom and then it can go up to 15 power DIGITALLY. The quality is good with the optical zoom and the digital zoom can be from good to not the best but remember it all depends on light conditions, distance and if you zoom the picture up, you need to be absolutely STILL, no shaking or movements.

BUT if you want a POINT AND SHOOT that you can address some of the picture processes, this one allows you to make changes as well, this is where the USER MANUAL will become very useful. This camera allows different settings from setting the telephoto lens, self timer timing to different optic image results.
In all honesty, this is a lot of camera, for the price, for a point and shoot and with the option to be able to adjust your camera to your needs blows away any basic point and shoot camera.

The camera itself is very small and when off, the lens will stow away into the body automatically and you can easily place it in your pocket. The weight of the camera is light so you are not uncomfortable lugging around a heavy camera, a plus if you are on vacation.

I like the fact that the battery is replaceable, allowing the use of extra batteries and the memory cards can be exchanged with extreme ease.

Ok, what you get, you get the camera in a box, a battery charger and a battery. You may think it is strange that the memory card is not included, but there are too many choices out there to select a good memory card and be clear on this, there is NO MEMORY built into the camera. YOU MUST PURCHASE A MEMORY CARD TO TAKE A SINGLE SHOT. There are several class of memory cards and unless you plan to use the rapid fire picture taking ( 10 shots rapid fire ), a class 4 would do. Other wise and keeping budding movie directors in mind, class 10 would be a great choice for MOVIE recording.
You also do not get any cords. This one I didn't really understand. There are two cords you might need. One to connect the camera to the computer, and if you care to, one to connect the camera to the TV.
You also do not get an outside power adaptor but there is a place on the cam to plug one in.
The camera is interesting in low light shots and the cam has a small flash built in good for close shots. There is an optional HIGH POWER FLASH available to buy if you feel you need that kind of distance from a flash unit.

All in all before you run out and buy all the accessories that you may not need, use the camera and get used to it and then determine what you need. You will need to download the user manual from the Cannon site and then spend time learning how to use the options. Again, if all you want is a good point and shoot, you'll hardly ever look at the User Manual but if you want to play with the options, the USER MANUAL is your friend.

Look for the best price but also consider the accessories you need to get just to make the camera functional and buy the best deal. I found a site where the camera was dirt cheap but the accessories boost the price way too high.

Whether you POINT AND SHOOT or want to adjust your camera to the shots, this camera can help you with your shots. Also look at the illustrations on UTUBE for a better idea. also, search the web for the Canon A2500 REVIEWs where individuals and review agencies have actually taken the camera out to see what it will do. Where they show pictures that this came has taken, they all look GREAT!

For those coming from a camera like I had, this one would seem a bit over board for Point and Shoot but after you take a few shots in AUTO mode, it is as easy as pushing the button.
It is a nice choice for a simple camera and a good choice for a starter camera for those who like to make adjustments or are new to the camera field. There are other cameras out there, My review is only about the Canon PowerShot A2500.
This review was made on 03 27 2014
22 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 22, 2014
Excellent images, not on par with my Nikon D50, but took great pix. I would prefer a viewfinder. The screen is a little hard to see in bright light, and the delay for a flash picture can be annoying, but overall, what more could I ask for under $100.
on June 12, 2014
It's ok, but I do not like the battery charger. I was expecting something that plugs into the wall. I did not get a usb cable to download photos onto the pc. Other than that, it takes nice photos and simple to operate.
on December 27, 2013
Paid $69 but had credits totalling $35, so really great deal for me! Simple to use - haven't even downloaded the manual - just charged battery and was up and running. Thought it included a memory card, did not receive one.
on May 17, 2014
The color is great, works great, has lots of functions, great menus, nothing to complain about. Even the little ding noises it makes when you select menu options are really nice :)