From the Manufacturer
Discover a new inspiration. The PowerShot SD850 IS Digital Elph is a digital camera that will really get your creative juices flowing. It starts with a high-resolution 8-megapixel CCD, a 4x optical zoom with Canon’s exclusive UA Lens and an Optical Image Stabilizer for steady zooming. There’s also a DIGIC III Image Processor with Face Detection and red-eye correction, an ISO 1600 setting for sharper images in low light, 5 Movie Modes and a 2.5-inch PureColor LCD with scratch-resistant, anti-reflective coating for easy viewing.
PowerShot SD850 Highlights
DIGIC III Image Processor with improved Face Detection Technology and Red-eye Correction With DIGIC III, you get images of superior quality, the camera functions at top efficiency and battery life is significantly enhanced. What’s more, DIGIC III enables Canon’s newly improved Face Detection Technology and Red-eye Correction to give you better, more true-to-life people shots. Simply press the Shutter Button halfway down, and the PowerShot SD850 IS Digital Elph automatically pinpoints the faces in the scene and chooses the ideal focus point. To keep every face looking bright and natural -- without scary red eyes -- the camera controls exposure settings and flash, so every shot is just what you were shooting for.
Red-eye Correction detects and automatically corrects red-eye during playback for both regular and flash photography. In unusual cases where red-eye is not automatically detected, it can easily be corrected manually during playback mode.
iSAPS technology is an entirely original scene-recognition technology developed for digital cameras by Canon. Using an internal database of thousands of different photos, iSAPS works with the fast DIGIC III Image Processor to improve focus speed and accuracy, as well as exposure and white balance.
Sensitivity range expanded to ISO 1600 The PowerShot SD850 IS Digital Elph features new ISO 1600 and High ISO Auto settings that reduce the effects of camera shake and sharpen subjects in low-light situations, giving you greater flexibility for shooting.
Shooting movies have also five options. With a highly flexible movie mode, you can create the movie that’s perfect for any application. Select from VGA (640 x 480 pixels) and QVGA (320 x 240 pixels), with frame rates of 30 fps and 15 fps for recording up to 1 hour or 4GB. Also choose from Fast Frame Rate (QVGA; 320 x 240 pixels) recording at 60 fps for up to 1 minute, Compact Movie Mode (QQVGA; 160 x 120 pixels) recording at 15 fps for up to 3 minutes, and Time Lapse (640 x 480) recording at 1 or 2 sec. intervals. The PowerShot SD850 IS Digital Elph supports the USB 2.0 Hi-Speed standard, so you’ll enjoy the fastest possible data transfer speeds when using a USB 2.0 Hi-Speed compatible computer.
18 Shooting Modes including 11 Special Scene Modes
- Auto The camera chooses all the settings so you can concentrate on your subject.
- Manual The ultimate in creative control, you set ISO speed, exposure compensation and white balance.
- Color Accent Choose to retain a single color in your image while other colors turn monochrome.
- Color Swap Select a color and replace it with a color you specify for special effects.
- Digital Macro Shoot larger-than-life close-ups with one-button simplicity.
- Stitch Assist Build awe-inspiring panoramas by neatly aligning sequential images.
- Movie Shoot in VGA and QVGA (30 fps/15 fps for up to 1 hour or 4GB), Fast Frame Rate (60 fps for up to 1 minute), QQVGA (15 fps for up to 3 minutes) or Time Lapse (640 x 480 for 1 sec./2 sec. intervals).
- Portrait The camera sets a large aperture, focusing the subject and artistically blurring the background to make your subject "pop."
- Foliage Capture brilliant shots of autumn foliage, greenery and blossoms.
- Snow Shoot clear snow scenes without darkened subjects or an unnatural bluish tint.
- Beach Get clear shots of people at a sunny beach without darkened faces.
- Fireworks Grab brilliant images of skyrocketing fireworks.
- Aquarium Achieve proper flash-free exposure and natural hues at indoor aquariums.
- Underwater Capture underwater images with reduced backscatter effect (Note: Optional Waterproof Case WP-DC15 required for shooting any underwater images).
- Indoor Reduce blur and improve color accuracy when shooting handheld indoors.
- Kids & Pets Reduced focusing time freezes fast-moving subjects, so you won’t miss those special shots.
- Night Snapshot Get natural-looking pictures with brighter backgrounds and subjects lit by flash.
- Creative Light Effects Transform background bright spots to stars, hearts, music notes and more.
Print/Share Button for easy direct printing and downloading The PowerShot SD850 IS Digital Elph's Print/Share button makes direct printing easier than ever. Simply connect the SD850 IS Digital Elph to a Canon CP, SElphY or PIXMA Photo Printer or any PictBridge compatible photo printer, press the lighted Print/Share button and print! Also use the Print/Share button to transfer images to a computer (Windows and Macintosh).
Print your own ID photos in 28 different sizes or use the Movie Print function to output multiple stills from a recorded movie on a single sheet with a Canon SElphY Compact Photo Printer.
Compact Photo Printers Compact Photo Printers let you produce versatile, fun 4 x 6-inch postcards, 4 x 8-inch wide greeting cards or credit card size prints in just two easy steps: connect and press/print. Control the printer right from your camera's LCD screen. You get durable, dye-sublimated prints quickly with or without borders. Assorted paper types let you create mini or credit card size labels. You can even take select Compact Photo Printers to a party or an outdoor picnic using an optional rechargeable battery.
PictBridge The PictBridge standard enables any digital camera that supports PictBridge to connect and print to any PictBridge compatible printer.
What's in the box
PowerShot SD850 IS Digital ELPH body, Lithium Battery Pack NB-5L, Battery Charger CB-2LX, SD Memory Card SDC-32M, Wrist Strap WS-700, Digital Camera Solution CD-ROM, USB Interface Cable IFC-400PCU, AV Cable AVC-DC300