Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on August 25, 2013
I have a Canon Rebel T3i for special occasions, but for every day use, this little camera gives me great photos, and is so handy...and much better than my iphone.
60 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on February 23, 2016
I bought this camera 2 years ago and it has never let me down. In high light, low light, up close, or far away, this camera is has given me great shots every time. I recently took this camera up with me on my 1st ride in a small airplane and all the pictures I took turned out clear and bright. The camera comes with many different settings and I have used almost all of them so far. The "vivid" setting really brings all my hiking pictures of the mountains and rivers to life. There is a timer that you can set to take pictures in 2 second bursts, 10 second bursts, or a custom amount of time. I use this a lot when leading hikes to get group photos of everyone in the group. This camera is much sturdier than I would have imagined. I have dropped this camera countless times and it is still working as well as it did the 1st day I got it. This camera is perfect for intermediate photography. It gives you the freedom to capture beautiful photos without having to carry bulky equipment. This camera easily fits in you pocket and comes with a convenient carrying case. It also comes with a wrist strap for added convenience. I ordered the blue model and love the bright color. I have taken hundrends of pictures with this camera and trust it for all my important events. This is definitely a camera that I would buy again and would recomment to anyone needing a small camera that will take a great, clear picture.
|0Comment|Report abuse
It sure doesn't come with anything. It's very tiny. It will suit my purposes as I just want to take some pictures. The battery charger is larger than the camera. That could be good or bad. Since I shoved it in my purse, it probably was a good thing for me. It fits nicely. I've taken a couple of videos. It doesn't respond as quickly as I'd like for snapshots, but not bad. For the price though, it's going to be quite useful. But if you're serious at all about your pictures, you might want to upgrade. It doesn't come with a cable for downloading on the computer nor a scan disk. I don't know if adding all that in makes it more expensive than some models that do. I had a time getting the battery door open and inserting the batter AND the scan disk. You have to do it just right...and not force too hard. It took me a little while to get that all sorted out to where it would finally close back up. Seems like they could have given you a better battery door.
5 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
I bought this little camera because I lack photographic ambition. I'm simply never going to be one of those guys who walks around with a huge honkin SLR, snapping amazing pictures, cataloging my own life and the lives of those around me, and then uploading phenomenal photos to the web. Instead, I take pictures of landscapes I think will look good, then view the pic later and inevitably think to myself "What the heck was I thinking?"

This is just the right camera for the person who is not going to be a photographer, but just wants to capture a bunch of images that will then clog your computer's memory. Small, easy to use, etc. I even dropped mine in a cold mountain river, pulled it out, dried it for a few days, and it came back to life. What more could the non-photographer ask for?
on August 12, 2013
Had a Canon before, liked the simplicity of using it. Finally didn't work right so bought another Canon. Still like it, does everything I need and can fit in my pocket when I"m not carrying a purse. Pixels are higher so my pictures do come out clearer and sharper.
19 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
It's a nice little camera. I bought the blue one, too. The pictures come-out clear, as well as the videos. It has an optical zoom lens, fits in a tiny bag, and my 9 year old(s) love it. The battery/memory card slot area is well designed (close the cover when the card or battery is out!). There's a little button to keep the battery from sliding-out on its own when you open the cover. The SDHC card does the usual push in to pop-out, and clicks back in. I think these are easy to manage, and take good pictures, even for my kids. I really like the little rechargeable battery and the charger that came with it. They are well-made and the batteries click-in to both camera and charger nicely. This is pushing the kids' responsibility level up a notch (wife thought I was crazy, but so far, so good). They have to charge their batteries, copy their photos and movies to the computer, keep their 16GB cards from overflowing, and not break them. I bought warranties for both. I never buy those. This time I did. Just a matter of time.
2 people found this helpful
on December 11, 2014
After owning the 110 ELPH, this 115 version feels so cheap. The image quality does not have that warm tone that most Canon cameras have, and the camera focuses on all items in frame. With the 115 version, I was able to create a faux Magic Lantern effect in a slow focus that created more of a professional appearance when shooting video.

I use this camera primarily for vlogging, so I need a camera that is easy and quick to use. I want to be able to just take the camera out and shoot immediately. That is not the case with this model…
The battery is comes with barely fits into the camera! It is difficult to close the housing once the battery is inserted, making for a frustrating experience.
Also, the camera has rejected to read or write to 4 of out 6 storage wands used! What a waste of money!

I am going out and buying another 110 right now and giving this camera to someone else.
5 people found this helpful
on December 16, 2014
I love that this camera fits in my pocket! It takes great pictures and is easy to use. It has great zoom, too. I don't regret this purchase.
review image
10 people found this helpful
on January 17, 2014
I purchased this as a gift for my wife who takes tons of pictures and needed to replace her failing sony camera similar to this one that she keeps with her 24/7. We went with Canon because it's overall the best. We have a Canon Digital SLR with add on lenses and flashes and absolutely love it. Canon rocks!

This particular (ELPH 115) camera though we were not so happy with. Unless you held the camera completely still and the person or object were completely still, the picture always turned out blurry. Unsure if there was a problem with the Image Stablization (IS) or if the camera itself was not as good as we expected. We tested with IS on and off and it didn't seem to make a difference with blurry pictures.

Amazon was GREAT with the return process. Emailed a prepaid UPS return label and issued a full credit. Once my wife's Sony camera failes completely we will probably go to a local store to get a hands on test of some different model cameras and then order online again. I still plan to go with a Canon model but I'll be sure she's happy with the picture quality before making a purchase.
|0Comment|Report abuse
This is a small camera, easy to carry around in pocket or purse and instinctive to use. All the controls are easy to decipher and use. It comes with one battery and the charger and the battery charges fairly fast.

The image quality is OK as far as sharpness is concerned but the color rendition is not true to subject, it's a little bit under saturated, particularly the blues (what should have been a royal blue had too much cyan). It also doesn't perform as well in very bright situations and tends to overexpose. Granted, you can fix all that in Photoshop, but you shouldn't have to.
2 people found this helpful