Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

Canon PowerShot ELPH135 Digital Camera (Black)
Color: Black|Style: Base|Change

on June 12, 2014
I just got rid of my "nicer" Nikon because I got sick of messing with the setting and still getting blurry pictures. I wanted something that could fit in my pocket and take action shots of my kids. I read reviews of the various ELPH PowerShots, and they seemed to be mixed. The ELPH 135 has turned out to be the perfect camera for my needs. It fits easily in my pocket and takes perfect pictures every single time on the AUTO setting (no more guessing which setting to use)! I can freeze my daughter jumping in the air and the picture is perfectly clear. I absolutely love this camera.
304 people found this helpful
on June 30, 2014
Bought this for my Mom as a mothers day present. She loves it and has found it very easy to use. It takes great pictures. I did set her up with a couple of standard settings for indoor or outdoor. The auto feature seems to be a bit washed out in bright sunlight, so I set her Manual mode to be more geared towards that lighting. now she just has to switch between auto for indoor and manual for outdoor.
84 people found this helpful
on July 10, 2014
I bought this camera to replace a few older model digital cameras- a Canon about 6 yrs old, and a HP camera about 10 yrs old that stopped working along time ago. This is by far the best camera so far for the price It takes great pictures on the auto feature, which is what I plan to use exclusively. It also takes clear shots with movement- such as trains and white water. Shots are clear even with user movement. It compares well picture quality wise for movement as compared to my manual Nikon using 400 speed film. The battery lasted 9 days of our vacation without a booster charge. It is easy to learn how to use and set the date, time, etc. It is small and light-weight- fits in my pocket or purse easily. Make sure you buy a memory card with this camera, as that is not included. Amazon sells these too and reminds you to add it to the cart at time of adding it to your cart.
193 people found this helpful
on June 27, 2014
This camera took many awesome shots while we were on bumpy terrain on a bus in Alaska.
The wide lens feature is great and zoom is exceptional.
The only complaint I have is that they do not include an instruction manual with it. Very difficult to get
operating instructions on line.
101 people found this helpful
|44 comments|Report abuse
on May 23, 2014
Easy to use, instructions easy to understand, photos great. I returned complicated Samsung with instructions so small they couldn't be read.
70 people found this helpful
on October 12, 2014
I really liked the look, size and feel of this camera. It fit in my jeans pocket! I was excited to find a camera that small and lightweight for travel and the price was great. I wanted to like this camera.

And then I started taking pictures and they were very grainy. We tried troubleshooting with the manual and trying different settings, lighting conditions and so forth. I really wanted to like this camera. Despite our efforts to improve quality, it remained unacceptable. (One good feature is that we found this camera and manual to be pretty easy to navigate.) The quality issue was present even when pictures were viewed on a computer monitor. For comparison, the pictures were well below the quality that I take with my iphone 4S. If the picture quality had been even comparable to my iphone, I would have kept this camera for travel as keeping the iphone charged while sightseeing all day can be challenging, especially when using it for multiple purposes. I am not a camera snob so when quality is below my acceptable standards, beware. The result is that I am returning this camera. My old Canon Powershot A570IS with only 7.1 megapixels takes much better quality pictures, but is at least twice the size. I'm hoping this old camera will last through one more trip so we have more time to research small travel cameras.
41 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on January 19, 2015
This is solid state. It takes fine pics and works as billed. Pics and video upload easily. This is my 4th Canon Elph over the past decade. (I dropped on in a Lake, One was stolen, One was damaged by sand at the Ocean beach) -The 4 year old one I dropped in the lake I found 20 minutes later. The card was still good. The stolen one was returned 2 weeks later, found in bushes half a mile from our house. It had been rained on several times. The lens would not close, it was blurry. I let it dry out, took it apart, blew it out with compressed air, and blew hot hair dryer on it. It isn't perfect but it works. The one damaged at the beach - Canon fixed for free.
This camera ELPH135 -I dropped in a muddy yard in NY. After it was rained on, frozen into the ground, and snowed on -my sister found it when the snow melted. She had to war to get it out of the ice. She let it sit for a week, then used it to film her daughters concert and mailed it to me . It works perfectly.
3 people found this helpful
on July 29, 2016
This camera is replica of one I bought at full price and accidently left outside. Its a workhorse camera and I am a shutterbug. Its great for close up and distance wide or narrow. I won't say you get superior digital shots but you get quality enough to post on FB and get a great response. I would not even look at another camera. Love it that much. But, that said, I don't have a cell phone so can't compare to quality one of those that takes pics would provide. Old school here.
4 people found this helpful
on October 12, 2017
Well here I am 2.5 years later after purchasing this camera, and I cannot say enough how satisfied I am with it.
I am now looking to get the next model up to upgrade, as over the years my lens has gotten a couple scuffs. That is totally understandable as I have taken this camera along on countless camping and hiking trips, up and down mountains, stuffed it in backpacks and pockets and pouches, and dropped it i don't even know how many times. And yet, after all that this, the camera still works perfectly minus the scuffs. I think 2.5 years of heavy use and thousands upon thousands of photos and videos is pretty awesome!
As for the picture quality, I find it to be great! The pictures are large and clear, especially in natural daylight, and that makes for easier editing and cropping. It is pretty easy to get this camera out, turn it on, and snap a photo quickly while still usually getting a good focus. This camera has gotten me many photos from my trips that people have complimented and recommended I enter into contests. The video is what you would expect from a 720 recording. As with many cameras of this style it's low light performance is a bit lacking, but still better than most I have seen (plus being able to manually adjust ISO and use long exposure for shots is a HUGE help!).
I highly recommend the Canon PowerShot line as a go-to 'point and shoot' style camera for any level photographer, with it's ease of use, durability, and quality.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on June 10, 2015
Small and easy on auto mode. I like to have great pics with ease. It takes a bit of a learning curve as there are lots of settings if you want to haave different choices. Like the forced flash has to be set on LIVE mode, I use my camera on Auto and go. Night time pics and flash fill always take a bit of work to get to.
Great for quick pics to capture memories.
review imagereview image