Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Moonlight Moonlight Moonlight  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon toystl17_gno
asked by K. Xu on June 13, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 20 answers
A
I had the same question at the same time! Just found the answer here: http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=145&modelid=18183#SupportDetailAct and search for "largest" - it is the first answer in the list that comes up.

For SDHC, it says: Secure Digital High Capacity currently supports capacities up to 32 GB.
V. Kurtz answered on June 13, 2009
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
K. Xu answered on June 13, 2009
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Tallguitarplayer:

The instruction manuel says 8 GB 43min. 32 sec. But ther eis a limit for each clip. The maximum length for each clip is 4GB, i.e.29 minutes 59 seconds. The recording utomatically stops when either the file size reaches 4 GB or the recording time reaches 29 minutes 59 seconds.
K. Xu answered on June 21, 2009
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, it does--but it does not give you the option to keep the original photo. That is, the full color photo and the color accent photo. This was an option on the SD790IS.
Jesaro answered on September 10, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hello everybody just to confirm I placed the call to the CANON Support 1-800-652-2666 and this phone does support up to the memory capacity on the SDHC 32GB. I hope this confirms everybody's concerns & this phone # is very handy for all your needs with Tech support or any questions regards to the CANON models.
Penny A. Bennett answered on July 1, 2009
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
jabbadehut60 answered on July 24, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
So what does that mean regarding shooting video with this camera, ie., How long of a video can be shot with a 8GB under continuous operation, 16GB, etc?
Tallguitarplayer answered on June 21, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have a Canon Powershot SD780 myself and have used a 16Gb card over and over with no troubles. The 4gb-PER-CLIP limit realistically kicks in at just over 21 minutes when shooting 1280x720x30fps. I once had trouble with a 32gb card which died after shooting a lot of continuous video on a warm night, i think that (inexpensive off-brand of) card might have "melted" (camera was getting hot). But i have NEVER had trouble with 16GB or 8GB SDCH cards in the Powershot SD780. Nice camera :)
roseman answered on September 1, 2009

A
My daughter lost her power shot 770 we are trying to decide what to replace it with. The best part of the 770 I thought was the ease of wich I could download her videos to my computer. ( aside from the fact that it was an awesome camera). I am worried that some one reported vsta problems, but I think going to HD video is an important step. Has anyone had success with downloading to vista OS (no software)?
Does it have to download to quicktime?
followson answered on September 3, 2009

A
I have no experience with "Vista" as such (i use XP myself) but as far as "Quicktime" goes, my older Canon Powershot A480 would store ".AVI" files (640x480x30fps with mpeg-2 compression, i think). My later Canon Powershot SD780 IS on the other hand stores HD video (1280x720x30fps) in Quicktime ".MOV" format (with h.264 codec compression). "Downloading" to the computer should be equally easy either way, it's more a question of "playing it" (what media player software
roseman answered on September 3, 2009
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product