Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop Now HTL17_gno

Canon EOS Rebel T4i DSLR with 18-55mm EF-S IS II Lens (OLD MODEL)
Style: with 18-55mm EF-S IS II Lens|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on January 26, 2013
The Canon EOS Rebel T4i is an amazing DSLR. The specs are great, as are the images. The images are crisp, clear and sharp and very large (18 MP) -- overall, everything looks great. The touch screen works great, as does the entire camera. I like the layout of the buttons and the quick settings button -- and the touchscreen and dedicated keys/control pad makes everything even better!

Do I recommend this camera -- YES!

Amazing camera, amazing pictures.
on June 29, 2013
I hemmed and hawed for a while over this, and I'm so happy I went with the T4i. The camera has all the features I want, while keeping a relatively small body size. I like the touch screen, though I don't use it a ton. Mostly for reviewing photos I have already taken. Though it does make navigating menus easier.

Also - I got the 18-135mm lens, as opposed to the normal 18-55, and love it! It is definitely worth the extra money. For an everyday lens, it's an extremely useful range. And it's fast and quite.
on April 6, 2013
Great camera, I love taking photos with it. the lens is great also, whisper quiet when auto focusing while in movie mode. I am still learning how to take quality photos with a DSLR. I was torn between this and the 60D. Eventually I went with this due to the price, lighter weight. no regrets at all. the Digic 5 is great as well, when going thru photos it zooms thru with no delay. The touch screen is great for the amount I have used it, I am used to buttons so naturally I stick with those. All in all I am extremely happy.
on August 29, 2012
This camera takes great pictures, tons of detail, and the video feature is the main reason I got it. What huge wonderful HD flowing pictures it takes, beautiful, and all at true HD resolution, not that HDV stuff on most video camcorders... this is the real deal. Great colors. Hardly any grain. Even lower light situations have low grain. I am very impressed. The card loads right into a computer for ingesting into FCPX, etc. SO easy.
on January 8, 2013
My last 'real' camera still takes film (old Rebel from around 1995). Since then I'd always used the higher end point and shoot Canon cameras. I have wanted a Digital SLR for quite some time, but always kept putting it off.

Finally made the plunge, and I can't believe the quality of pictures that this camera produces. I'm extremely happy with it, and the STM kit lens that came with it.

If you are on the fence, seriously just do it it's amazing.
on July 12, 2013
Even if you're not a professional, anyone can take great pictures with this camera. The touchscreen is very user friendly and this camera is designed to make you want to try different modes. From black and white to hd video it does it all. I absolutely love this camera and recommend it to anyone. Much better than the Nikons I've had it the past. If your ready to dig into serious photography, this is your best bet!
on January 27, 2015
Bought this product as a gift for my cousin, I'm not really into cameras myself but I was there when he opened the box and began using the camera. Right away I was blown away by the quality of pictures and the ease of use. Definitely impressed and happy with this product. packaging and equipment came as described in the post no complaints about this purchase.
on December 16, 2012
I ordered the T4i with STM lens. Really happy with the lens,but camera had a couple of problems
1. Freezing - froze half a dozen times in just one week of low usage (~50 shots a day). Only way to fix this is remove battery
2. Optical Viewfinder - For some strange reason the viewfinder was just not clear. I had to rely on AF rather than actually seeing the subject clearly. Also, the setting snapshot that we see below the subject in the viewfinder was just not clear.
Compared it with another t4i which had no such issues over the last few months. So forced to return it to Amazon. Really disappointed with the lack of quality from Canon.
That said, image quality is really great. I have written a separate review on the STM lens.
I am sure many have said this, but i would like to repeat - Buy this with STM lens ONLY. Both STMs out there are really worth it and I have seen little/no difference in image quality when compared to some of the L series.
Video mode has been mentioned by reviewers as a good try but not there yet - i've found the AF coupled with half press (in effect manual focus) for fast moving subjects does the job decently.

I am waiting for Amazon to send me new one and hoping it to be defect free. Will update my rating post receiving it, but till then i would be cautiously optimistic in saying without the mentioned defects (1 in 10 pieces would be like this), this camera is a really good buy, esp now that the prices have dropped.

Buy the 40mm STM pancake along with the camera. You might prefer zoom lens to prime, but this is so small and sharp you will not leave it anywhere. IMO the two STM lenses make the T4i arguably the best choice for <$1000 DLSR.
on March 19, 2014
Though there is an upgrade this first iteration of the new Canon model is perfect for a novice and an intermediate.
Fast and easy. I just transitioned to a DSLR and am not regretting the move.
The touchscreen is cool, the MP is more than sufficient, and most important, the photos look great.
Please make sure to pair this with a external flash and your shots will look semi-pro.
These new T series/Rebels are great.
on June 8, 2013
I bought this to replace and older Rebel that I had problems with. Tis is a very good camera. Easy to use and the image stabilizer is amazing. I especially like the ISO setting. All of the settings are touch screen. Very well done. I thought the price was reasonable. I bought it through Amamzon and saved probably 70.00 compared the the box stores. The video works very nice. You have to buy a faster card for the video. I have used Canon cameras for 40 years. This one is very nice. Would recommend it.