Top positive review
2 people found this helpful
Ignore The Manual And Just Read This Fun and Easy Book
on January 18, 2014
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
The book has two parts:
• The first half is dedicated to the functions of the Canon Rebel XSi, and goes above and beyond the manual, so ignore the manual and start right with the book!
• The second half goes beyond the functional and discusses creative ways to produce excellent photos.
• Many pictures help to illustrate the subject and give you many new ideas. After reading this, you will be inspired to go out and shoot some great photos!
• Easy read with clear explanation of all functions of DSLR cameras (much better than the frequently opaque Canon manual), applicable to any DSLR, not just the Canon XSi.
• It does this without dumbing down the subject or sacrificing accuracy in any way.
• It is complete, after reading this book you will know your camera.
• The second, creative part sweeps through all sorts of light situations, indoor and outdoor, that you might find yourself in and explains what to look out for.
• The intricacies of correctly balancing, ISO, aperture, exposure time, and later on flash power are explained in a logical, entertaining way.
• Many examples to follow the discussion and go out and try to reproduce yourself.
• Occasional detour into stock photography, which somehow distracts from the main focus of the book. Those are only a paragraph here and there though, so not a big deal.