Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Canon PowerShot SD960IS 12.1 MP Digital Camera wit..." and save 35% off the $279.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $6.62 shipping
4-Year Cameras & Camcorders Accidental Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for drops, spills and product malfunctions
- No deductibles or hidden fees
- Free ground shipping on all repairs
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Canon PowerShot SD960IS 12.1 MP Digital Camera with 4x Wide Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.8-inch LCD (Light Blue)
|Price:||$334.98 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 12.1-megapixel CCD captures enough detail for photo-quality poster-size prints
- 4x optical zoom; 28mm wide-angle lens
- HD movie shooting capability plus HDMI output
- 2.8-inch widescreen PureColor LCD II screen; Face Detection
- Compatible with SD/SDHC, MMC/MMC Plus/HC MMC Plus (not included)
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Item #: Y95769.
Product Type: Digital camera - compact
Dimensions (WxDxH): 3.9 in x 0.9 in x 2.1 in
Weight: 5.1 oz
Supported Flash Memory: MultiMediaCard, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, MultiMediaCardplus
Sensor Resolution: 12.1 Megapixel
Shooting Modes: Frame movie mode
Lens System: 4 x zoom lens - 5 mm - 20 mm - f/2.8-5.8
Focus Adjustment: Automatic
Min Focus Range: 19.7 in
Digital Zoom: 4 x
Image Stabilizer: Optical
Camera Flash: Built-in flash
Red Eye Reduction: Yes
Microphone: Microphone - built-in - electret condenser - mono
Display: LCD display - TFT active matrix - 2.8" - color
Supported Battery: 1 x Li-ion rechargeable battery ( included )
Customers also search for: Technology\Cameras, Camcorders, Digital Frames, and Accessories\Digital Cameras\Camera Lenses, Flashes and Accessories Discount Canon PowerShot SD960 IS Digital ELPH - digital camera, Buy Canon PowerShot SD960 IS Digital ELPH - digital camera, Wholesale Canon PowerShot SD960 IS Digital ELPH - digital camera, 0013803109023, 3578B001, Camera Lenses, Flashes and Accessories
From the Manufacturer
Immediate gratification is the pulse of today, and the PowerShot SD960 IS Digital ELPH with its streamlined appeal wastes no time reminding you: "Here’s a camera unlike any other." But it’s the excitement of ongoing discovery--the way this camera captures the vibrant spontaneity of the world before you--that defines the lasting rewards of the PowerShot SD960 IS Digital ELPH, and the new level of pictures and HD movies that await you. Immediate satisfaction. Day-after-day delight. What could be better?
PowerShot SD960 IS Highlights
Canon’s commitment to innovation defines the excitement of the PowerShot SD960 IS Digital ELPH. 12.1-megapixel resolution is more than a number, it’s your cutting-edge link to the outstanding clarity and quality you’ve always wanted in your images. Think bold and big, because razor-sharp, oversized prints are a breeze. And think way beyond the typical picture format thanks to the 28mm wide-angle lens with 4x optical zoom. Get the picture? It’s absolutely brilliant.
The PowerShot SD960 IS Digital ELPH lets you record video in beautiful high definition (1280 x 720 pixels). The camera also makes it easy to enjoy HD movies (and still photos) on your HDTV with a mini-HDMI connector for direct connection to a high-definition monitor. You’ll enjoy the HD experience with no degradation of image or audio in the signal, plus the ability to display up to 130 still images at once.
Widescreen 2.8-inch PureColor LCD II and wide viewing angle
The PowerShot SD960 IS Digital ELPH gives you a large and wide 2.8-inch LCD screen for excellent control when framing your shots. Canon’s PureColor LCD II offers spectacular color, resolution and contrast even when viewed at an angle. The screen is highly durable and easy to see in any light with a scratch-resistant, anti-reflective coating. It also features Night Display for easy viewing in low light--a perfect feature for gathering friends and family around to see your images.
Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper settings
Just set the Canon PowerShot SD960 IS Digital ELPH to Smart AUTO and you’re ready for maximum enjoyment from your picture taking every time. It’s a relaxing and satisfying way to shoot because you can completely concentrate on your subject knowing that the camera has the technical details covered. Advanced Canon technology intelligently analyzes your situation and shooting conditions. Then it automatically selects an appropriate setting from 18 specially defined settings. So whether you’re photographing flowers, a captivating sunset, or your friends at the park, you can be confident that you’re getting dramatic, memorable images.
Advanced presets for the best possible photos under certain conditions. With 20 Shooting Modes, you’re ready for whatever shot comes your way.
New Active display technology for quickly switching between images
Active Display is a fun new feature powered by an accelerometer built into the PowerShot SD960 IS Digital ELPH. When browsing through your images in playback, just give the camera a quick shake to advance or return images one frame at a time. Tilting the camera will activate continuous image advance, and tilting at a further angle will make the images advance more quickly.
A World of Advantages with Canon’s Technology
DIGIC 4 image processor has evolved Face Detection Technology that tracks the faces of moving subjects and lets the shooter enter the frame seamlessly with the Face Detection Self-Timer.
Canon’s most advanced image processor, DIGIC 4, delivers evolved Face Detection Technology that keeps every face in every photo looking its very best. The technology finds and tracks the faces of moving subjects until you’re ready to shoot, then delivers perfect focus. In addition, exposure, flash and white balance are compensated, so that faces exhibit natural skin tones and backgrounds are properly exposed.
iSAPS Technology is an entirely original scene-recognition technology developed for digital cameras by Canon. Using an internal database of thousands of different photos, iSAPS works with the advanced DIGIC 4 Image Processor to improve focus speed and accuracy, as well as exposure and white balance.
A Face Detection Self-Timer automatically detects an increase in the number of faces and makes the appropriate adjustments. For instance, to include the photographer’s face in a group shot, there’s no need to rush in. Just put the camera on a stand or tripod, specify Face Detection Self-Timer, and the camera will wait for the photographer’s face to get on-camera before it takes the shot. Motion Detection tracks moving subjects in a much larger range, and the Servo AF retains focus on a moving subject after the shutter button is pressed halfway--allowing you to wait for the perfect shot without refocusing.
DIGIC 4 also makes possible the i-Contrast (Intelligent Contrast Correction) system, which controls the compensation level in pixel units to brighten dark areas while leaving bright areas unchanged for better images where the main subject is dark, and more natural transition. The PowerShot SD960 IS Digital ELPH can even use i-Contrast in playback mode to adjust images that were shot without the setting activated.
Red-eye Correction provides three options for removing red-eye from subjects in flash pictures. 1) Red-eye Correction during shooting actually identifies and corrects red-eye in human subjects as pictures are taken. 2) The PowerShot SD960 IS Digital ELPH can be set to automatically detect and correct red-eye during image playback. 3) You can manually locate any red eyes in a scene during image playback on the LCD screen, and command the camera to remove them.
Life doesn’t give you second chances to capture special times. That’s why the PowerShot SD960 IS Digital ELPH features an ISO 1600 setting that reduces the effects of camera shake and sharpens subjects in low-light situations, giving you greater shooting flexibility. ISO can be expanded to 3200 when you select ISO 3200 Special Scene mode.
What's in the Box
- PowerShot SD960 IS Digital ELPH body
- Lithium-ion battery pack (NB-4L)
- Battery charger (CB-2LV)
- Wrist strap (WS-DC7)
- Digital Camera Solution CD-ROM
- USB interface cable (IFC-400PCU)
- AV cable (AVC-DC400)
Read about our customers' top-rated cameras on our review page: Point-and-Shoot Cameras
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The seller even included a SD card!
I have use this version camera for more than 10 years, to take photos of my art work, process the photos (using Photoshop Elements) and uploading my images to my web site. With everyone buying smart phones, the development of the smaller compact camera has declined. this is a wonderful camera where you can manage what the size your image will be, it has image stabilization and lots of other great features that go beyond a phone. I also like to take nature photos and this camera really does the trick. It is compact and easy to carry.
1) You can't expect point-and-shoots to come out with phenomenal images like those you'd capture with a D-SLR. It's just not going to happen. That being said, I have been impressed time and time again with what this camera has been able to pull off. The resolution is incredible, it handles light well, and has plenty of fun little color balance presets to play around with.
2) The flash leaves something to be desired. It LOVES to take bright pictures of subjects in the foreground and blacken the background. There is a setting for a slow synchro flash to lighten up the background, just be sure you'll holding the camera steady or using a little tripod. I prefer to shoot pictures with the flash off, though, and this delivers brilliant night images. They don't come out grainy at all and are actually quite beautiful.
3) My obsession with the ELPH line has always been the aluminum bodies. This (at least as far as I can tell) is plastic. For this price, I wanted aluminum. It's held up extremely well, though, and when combined with a little case, it shouldn't be a problem.
3) I didn't think I would ever use the video feature. But that changed, capturing little snippets to send home of open mic nights, concerts, and other sightseeing adventures. The video is actually quite good and the audio is better than you'd expect. Again, it's not pro-level, but it's very impressive.
4) It's quick to start up, making those "oh hold on, let me get a picture!" moments easier to catch. It processes the pictures quickly and is ready to go for the next pic almost immediately.
5) I fell in LOVE with the wide-angle lens. It manages to open up the field of vision more than I thought it would. There have plenty of times where I wanted to take a landscape picture thinking I'd have to walk backwards 15 ft, only to realize the camera can pull it off.
6) The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars are because of the lack of metal body and it's sometimes incredibly annoying flash.
In all, it's a great, compact little camera that has served me dutifully and shows no signs of giving up. If you're looking for a new point-and-shoot, I think this is one of the best money can buy. It's compact, fast, takes great pictures, and is easy to tote around with you. The wide-angle lens is a "must." You won't be disappointed with this AT ALL!
It gets even better... Then they offered me the option to repair the camera at my expense for $266.25. We paid originally $179.95 with free shipping from Amazon, brand new. Who are they kidding? That's a refurb repair with no extention of the (useless) warranty for $85 more than the camera cost new.
Needless to say, if Canon does not rectify this, it will be my last Canon purchase and I will vocally share my opinion.