Top critical review
10 people found this helpful
Very limited WiFi functionality.
on March 10, 2013
The main advantage of this product over the CP800 is the WiFi support. If you want to print from a smartphone (I used Android) then you are in luck. The application is simple and intuitive and with Android you can send the image from any application using the Share feature. However, if you are using a recent model Mac (7.5 and higher) or Windows 8 than forget about the WiFi. You need to connect a cable just like the EP800. Canon's support of this printer is disappointing.
1. Very bulky external power adapter.
2. Paper tray is large and is external to the printer.
3. The Selphy printers print great until the head gets damager. From that point you get a horizontal (landsacpe) line on each print.
1. Good print quality.
2. Ink does not dry (compare to Epson's ink jet technology)
3. Water proof and smudge free (try it, print a photo and place it in a glass of water. The print stays intact).
I would like to give it 5 stars but dropping one start from the non working WiFi and one start for the low reliability of Selphy printing heads.