Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Canon Selphy CP1200 Black Wireless Color Photo Pri..." and save 23% off the $109.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Canon Selphy CP1200 Black Wireless Color Photo Printer
- Dedicated Wi-Fi button to easily connect to and Print from your Wireless network.
- Airprint enabled! Print wirelessly and effortlessly from your Compatible iPhone, iPad; 47 seconds for borderless 4 x 6" photo or iPod touch.
- Just the Perfect combination. Each selphy ink and paper kit comes with exactly enough of each to Print 18, 36, or 54 photos. No waste, no worries.
- Easily Print your favorite Facebook and Instagram memories right from your smartphone or tablet with the Canon Print inkjet/selphy app.
- Enjoy portable printing with a stylish compact design and optional battery pack - up to 54 prints from a single charge!
- Card Size (2.1" x 3.4"), Postcard (3.9" x 5.8"), L Size (3.5" x 4.7") , Square Label (2.0" x 2.0")
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
Creativity, Meet your Outlet
The SELPHY CP1200 Wireless Compact Photo Printer is so much fun to use. Thanks to it's compact design, optional battery and multiple ways to print wirelessly, you can print just about anywhere. But there is more to it than that. You can print on postcard size paper, label size, square, and even 8 small little stickers at a time. Do you ever need a picture for an ID or passport? Don't go to the convenience store, just print your favorite picture of yourself. It's also, perfect for printing Instagram photos! Add a little creativity to all the papers we have and the possibilities are endless.
Connecting and Printing Made Simple
Canon has worked hard to make our Print app easy, but that doesn’t mean we sacrificed quality. Your pictures will look great no matter how you choose to print them. And the choice is simple with the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app since it’s the easiest (and most fun) way to print your photos, especially on the go with the optional battery.
With the Canon PRINT app for iOS and Android you can print pictures right from your phone, but that is just the beginning. You can also use the app to set up your new SELPHY for the first time. Once you are set up you can also print via WiFi, Card Slots, USB, or even directly from your camera.
- Layout Print (Index, Shuffle, 1-up/2-up/4-up/8-up)
- Connections: WiFi, Card Slots, USB, USB Flash Memory, PictBridge
- ID Photo Print (43 sizes)
- 2.7” Tilt-up LCD Display
- Portrait Image Optimize Software
SELPHY CP1200 Wireless Compact Photo Printer
- SELPHY Prints feature a clear overcoat that protect against dirt and even liquids!
- Dedicated WiFi button to easily connect to and print from your wireless network.
- AirPrint enabled! Print wirelessly and effortlessly from your compatible iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Each SELPHY ink and paper kit comes with exactly enough of each to print 18, 36, or 54 photos. No waste, no worries.
- Set up a makeshift photo booth, print images at parties for favors, print images to draw on at a kids’ party, the possibilities are endless.
Print your way
Print how you want with multiple ways to connect from WiFi and Wireless PictBridge to memory cards and USB flash drives.
Change it up
Need a new look for your photos? Try shuffle print and other creative options.
Go live your life
And bring your printer with you! With the optional battery you can print and share photos before you even get home.
But we can help fix things with tools like red-eye correction, Image Correction and even Portrait Image Optimization.
1. Wireless printing requires a working network with wireless 802.11b/g or n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
2. AirPrint functionality requires an iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
3. Requires an Internet connection and the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app, available for free on the App Store and at Google Play. Compatible with iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, and iPod touch 3rd generation or later devices running iOS 7.0 or later, and Android mobile devices running Android 2.3.3 or later. Your device must be connected to the same working network with wireless 802.11 b/g/n capability as your printer. For users of compatible Apple mobile devices, document printing requires Apple AirPrint, which requires an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
4. Based on accelerated dark storage testing by Canon under controlled lighting, temperature and humidity conditions. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of the prints; results may vary depending on printed images, display/storage conditions and environmental factors.
5. Print speed obtained using compatible Canon compact digital camera incorporating DIGIC II (other camera models may vary.)
6. Compatible memory cards include SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card. The following can be used with the addition of a special adapter sold separately: miniSD Card, miniSDHC Card, microSD Card, microSDHC Card, and MicroSDXC Card.
7. Supports DPOF "Both" mode of both standard and index printing.
8. From the initial yellow printing pass until ejection.
9. DPS over IP compatible device requires a USB cable (not included).
10. Operation can only be guaranteed on a PC with pre-installed Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7.
11. Internet Connection required during software installation.
12. Requires a Windows RT compatible device and the Canon Easy-PhotoPrint app for Windows RT available for free in the Windows Store.
13. Requires "Canon Print Plugin" available for free from the Amazon Appstore and an Amazon Fire Phone, Amazon Kindle Fire HD6 or HDX7 device or later running Fire OS 4.0 or later.
14. Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.usa.canon.com/support for details.
Compare to similar items
This item Canon Selphy CP1200 Black Wireless Color Photo Printer
HP OfficeJet 4650 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer with Mobile Printing, Instant Ink ready (F1J03A)
|Price||$99.13||Add to cart to see price. Why?||$140.74||$199.99||$185.00||Add to cart to see price. Why?|
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$6.49||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||1st Class Savings||Amazon.com||For-Ur-Shop||Amazon.com|
|Printer Connectivity Type||USB; Wi-Fi||USB; Wi-Fi||USB||USB; Wi-Fi||Ethernet | USB Cable | Wi-Fi | Memory Card||USB; Wi-Fi|
|Item Dimensions||7.1 x 5.4 x 2.5 in||7.5 x 14.53 x 17.53 in||9.6 x 11.9 x 10.7 in||16.4 x 6.5 x 10.9 in||7 x 2.7 x 5 in||17.52 x 14.45 x 5.04 in|
|Item Weight||1.9 lbs||17.53 lbs||8.15 lbs||6 lbs||—||7.2 ounces|
|B&W Pages per Minute||1||9.5 pages_per_minute||2 pages_per_minute||36||38 pages_per_minute||20 pages_per_minute|
|Media Size Maximum||4 x 6 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||4 x 6 inch||5 x 7 inch||4 x 6 inch||8.5 x 14 inch|
|Operating System||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac||Windows||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac|
|Print Media Type||Labels, Paper (plain)||Paper (plain)||Paper (plain)||Paper (plain)||Paper (plain)||Unknown|
|Printer Technology||Dye sublimation||Inkjet||Inkjet||Inkjet||Inkjet||Inkjet|
|Resolution||—||—||5760 x 1440||—||300 x 300||—|
|Additional Features||Integrated Card Reader||Auto-Document Feeder||Integrated Card Reader, Mac Compatible||Integrated Card Reader||network-ready||Packed & Shipped by Amazon!|
The SELPHY CP1200 wireless compact photo printer is so much fun to use, you'll want to take it everywhere with you. And you can! thanks to it's compact design, optional battery and multiple ways to print wirelessly, you can print just about anywhere. But there is more to it than that. It's actually fun to print with the CP1200. You can print on postcard size paper, label size, square, and even 8 small little stickers at a time. And before you print you can even dress up your photos with fun borders and effects
Top customer reviews
1. Image quality. If this printer is likely to primarily stay at home to print, this should be the dominant factor in selection
2. Multiple format options available - adhesive back options (like ZINK) make it very convenient for scrapbooking and other projects
a. 4"x6" (KP-108IN - NOT adhesive backed Canon KP-108IN Color Ink Paper Set 3115B001) - I've tried this size only
b. 2.1"x3.4" (KC-18IFCanon KC-18IF Ink Label Set 7741A001AA - with adhesive back)
c. 2.1"x2.1" square (KC-18IS Canon Office Products KC-18IS Card Size Stickerwith adhesive back)
d. 2.1"x3.4" (KC-18IL Canon KC-18IL Color Ink and Label Set (CP-100/200/300 Printers)), split into 8 small postage-stamp sized stickers (expensive on a per-sheet basis)
3. Connects to home Wifi so that any device using the Canon app can see it (I'm not sure whether this includes PCs and Macs, but works great for iPhones and iPads)
4. *Can* be battery operated - If you use this primarily at home, this won't be an issue...see Con #1 below for counter point
5. Cost per print - for 4"x6" prints, the cost per print is cheaper than other dedicated photo printers, but since most don't do this size, it may not be as much of a pro versus going to an online printing site or local drugstore
1. Canon OEM battery is MASSIVELY overpriced and costs almost as much as the printer ($80-$90 list price)
2. Physical size. This print is a LOT bigger than the ZINK-based competitors plus it has a huge paper tray hanging out the front to hold the blank paper prior to printing whereas the others use paper small enough to fit completely inside the printer. Again, if always used at home, this probably isn't a big deal...you're paying for the flexibility in print sizing and different printing mechanism (dye-sublimation vs embedded crystals). Also, if you go ahead and get the battery, it does become truly portable...as long as you're willing to carry it.
3. Takes a little longer to print than the ZIP although this is a minor con as both printers take 50-70 seconds from the time you press the button on the app until the photo can be picked up
4. Cost per print - Price per sheet of the smaller sizes (2.1"x3.4" and smaller) start at around $0.60/ea and go up from there, which is cheaper than Instax, but more expensive than the ZIP, so that depends on what you want to do with it. I appreciate the flexibility in options, personally.
If you are looking for an easy to use photo-only printer where you don't need to print larger than 4"x6" prints and are doing low-medium quantities of printing, this should be a very solid option. If you need larger prints, just go get a real full-size printer. The flexibility of the Canon to do 4x6 and the smaller sizes (even though they're a bit more expensive) is really nice. I like to attach small pics to letters and journals, so this is perfect for that use. However, if portability reigns supreme in your hierarchy of needs, either pony up the insane price for the battery (which states it can do about 50+ prints per charge) or you may need to look at a different printer option.
Hopefully this helps!
I have a DSLR which takes amazing photos; but I have been SO disappointed in the print quality of photos that I have either printed at home or ordered online. I have since been looking for an inkless printer that prints great photos.
Finally, there is one. And not only that, the quality of the prints on this inkless printer rivals that of any other printer I've owned. And are even superior to prints I've ordered from Apple, Shutterfly, and Snapfish.
-Amazing Quality 4x6 prints: Better than store printed prints, better than Shutterfly, Apple, Walgreens, these are the best.
-Photo paper: The photo paper this prints on is glossy: but not too glossy. Smudge-free, waterproof, absolutely great. They are truly flat, which is perfect for scrapbooking and photo albums.
-Phenomenal colors: The colors are great. I've never seen photos print where I was satisfied they matched the colors on my retina Mac screen: until I used this printer
- EASY TO USE: within 5 minutes I had this printer on my home network and was able to air-print borderless photos wire free from both my computer and my phone. Amazing!
-No calibration: No test pages, no print alignment, no nozzle cleaning cycles. Nothing!
-Print Quality: Have I mentioned how great these photos look when they come out of the printer?
-Paper + ink in one: When you purchase paper for this printer, it is bundled with the "ink" for that paper. It is the exact amount of ink you need for the paper. No more; no less. It is a great system and works wonderfully. It really makes you wonder why no one has come up with this sooner.
These are all totally minor. These are nit-picky but for the sake of my review I nit-picked some.
-Price per print: 108 sheets (with ink) is roughly $0.33 a sheet. This is higher than a standard photo print or a print you can order online; BUT it is worth it. These prints are superior than what you can get printed online or in the store.
-Awkward paper tray: The tray sticks out and the cover is a bit weird. It is awkward on the first use but once you figure it out it is not a problem.
-Expensive battery: I don't care about this because I don't have a use for a battery. Most likely you won't either.
-4x6 is the largest this printer will print
Edit 2/5/2016 - Occasionally a pice of dust will get stuck in the photos. It's extremely rare and barely noticeable, but it does happen
It only took me one print to realize how great this printer truly is. I have never once had a photo printer print a perfect photo on the first try. Until I tried this printer. Do yourself a favor. If you are considering this printer for purchase what are you waiting for. This is the printer we have been waiting for since digital cameras have come out. It is convenient to use and has phenomenal results and it is hassle free!
I read many reviews complaining about the borders and fine lines across the edge of the photos... This is actually an edge of the photo that is supposed to be "snapped" off. (It's a buffer for the printer.) Take the photo and carefully but firmly bend it on that line. The white borders will snap off, leaving you with a 4x6 photo printed edge-to-edge.
**UPDATE** after using this printer for 6 months it has started damaging the pictures as they're printing. (Notice the dotted scratches along the bottom edges of all the pics in the 2nd pic!) I've tried changing the ink cartridge and gone thru several different sets of paper -- it seems to be a problem with the printer.