Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on April 19, 2015
I've ordered this paper multiple times because it has a great finish and works very well with my Pixma Pro-100. I print a lot of night photography and so there are darker areas that would likely be too reflective with a regular gloss paper. I recently also started spraying my prints with Desert Moab Varnish to UV protect and seal them. The paper responds well to that type of treatment.
I'd recommend this to anyone looking for a smoother surface that luster, and a finish that falls between matte and gloss. I'll keep using this paper for the foreseeable future.
8 people found this helpful
on October 16, 2015
Absolutely beautiful paper for printing photos or special pages. I'm using it to print out copies of charcoal sketches for my publisher so that I don't have to send the originals. The finished product is just stunning with no bleeding, running, or fading of light and medium grays. (All the illustrations are in charcoal only, so they're black to white in shade and this paper picks up all the nuances of the many different shades of gray that are in the photograph of the drawing. I also printed out some photographs, and they are just superb. Perfect weight paper with a dazzling white brightness makes this a truly great paper for any photograph printing! BTW, I have one drawing that is done partially in color and the rest in blacks and grays.
review image
4 people found this helpful
on July 31, 2016
This is nice photo paper. I had super fun printing band posters for my daughter's room. It looks professionally decorated. I was so happy with this product, I ordered more to print and frame my daughter's 8th grade graduation pictures. Our family was so pleased with the quality of the prints, they assumed I had purchased expensive copies from the photagrapher. We'll just let that be our secret '.
review image
5 people found this helpful
on April 21, 2017
My pictures come out looking beautiful and have not suffered any fading etc. I am not a huge fan of glossy prints because I find that sometimes the shine is actually a detriment depending on the lighting in the area. You can look at a frame across the room and not see the picture because it is reflecting light from someplace. You do not have that issue with the semi gloss. I have this paper in 5x7 and 8x10, would use nothing else.
3 people found this helpful
on February 18, 2017
Very easy to take fingerprints, so photo gloves are needed to handle. But the paper does take the ink well, and is attractive. Keep in mind that with its level of gloss, once put behind glass in frame, it can be way too reflective. I much prefer the Luster from Canon.

only 2 stars because this was put in the bottom of a larger shipping box, very tight on all four corners but space on top for another product ordered. Bottom corners were banged during shipping resulting in kinks in 3 corners of the paper all the way through the pack. So I can't print edge to edge with these. I have to se for smaller prints and cut it down to remove the corner damage.
2 people found this helpful
on February 12, 2015
It's just my opinion but I strongly prefer semi-gloss, pearl or even matte photos to the high-gloss photos you typically see. It just seems fancier to me (like what you see in wedding albums). Try it sometime and see for yourself. Maybe I'm just old school (yes balding and grey hair) as I've always preferred non-glossy paper since my days of film and printing my own in a darkroom (OK - that confirms I'm officially old-school :-)).

This photo paper is very nice... for what it is... Which is why I gave it 4 stars. It prints perfect prints though it is not what I would consider fancy paper... simply too light and flimsy to be fancy. That is why Cannon offers different levels of paper. If you like the non-gloss finish and you plan to frame or gift a photo to someone, you'll want to explore the Canon Pro line of papers with are much thicker and heavier.

We use this paper for school projects and casual use... and use the Pro stuff for prints intended for frames (Tip: For best results, give any inkjet printed photo a day or two to completely dry prior to sealing in a frame).
3 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
I bought a Canon printer. I bought this paper to go with it. Excellent paper, but the printer decided it didn't want to print any more after I finished with this box. Great paper. Did I say "Great Paper?" Yeah. Too bad I can't lavish the same superlatives on the printer. First one tray, then the other gave up the ghost, went south, you know...crapped out. Oh well. As cheap as printers have become, I guess for the 50 8x10's that came out of the machine, I got my money's worth. Bum Safari, man. But great paper...
|11 comment|Report abuse
on December 22, 2017
Printed out using Canon PIXMA Pro-100 Wireless Color Professional Inkjet Printer with Airprint and Mobile Device Printing. Using the ICC profiles that came with the printer the photos are coming out great. I haven't decided if I like the Canon Semi-Gloss or the Luster better, but these two papers are pretty close, I don't think it makes a huge difference.
on November 13, 2017
I normally buy much cheaper papers which do a good enough job but I wanted some more accurate colors for a job with my Pixma Pro 9000 II and OMG these look crisp and great, even though I'm using non-Canon aftermarket inks. At over $0.50 per sheet I won't use this for all my color printing but wow, this paper makes my Pixma look like an offset press.
on April 22, 2008
I print with a Canon Pro 9000 dye injet. Usually high gloss papers along with dye inks give you the brightest, most intense colors. Unfortunately, the high gloss papers have the problem of light reflection when framed under glass. Mat type papers don't have this problem, but the colors are not as snappy and the surface of a mat paper does not hold up well to handling. I tried the Canon Semi Gloss Plus looking for a compromise and I found a real winner. The Pro 9000 just loves this paper! I've printed the same photo on this paper and on Canon's Photo Paper Pro top of the line high gloss. The colors of the semi gloss plus are almost as intense as the Photo Paper Pro. This paper has just enough luster to give the photo some snap, but has much less trouble with light reflection when framed under glass than the Photo Paper Pro does. It stands up to handling so much better than a mat paper. It is resistent to smudges and fingerprints. It does an incredible job of handling the bright red colors. And best of all, Canon quotes the same time span for resistence to color change as the Photo Paper Pro when used with the new ChromaLife 100 inks: 25 years framed under glass and 100 years stored in the dark in an album or box. If you have a Canon printer using the new ChromaLife 100 inks, give this paper a try. You, too, will become a believer.
101 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.