Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 541-550 of 1,343 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,650 reviews
on February 16, 2013
I love this lens. I've had the 50mm 1.8 but after a few years I wasn't happy with it. I have wanted this particular lens for years(I actually wanted it when I considered the 1.8) and now that I have it I couldn't be happier with the images I've been getting. I love the creamy bokeh and spectacular, sharp focus.
on November 17, 2011
Purchased this lens for my wife as she started to really get into portrait photography / newborn photography. This lens works amazing in low light at 1.4 and its shallow depth of field gives great depth to all of her shots. You can see her work at [...] - This is quite a step up from the 1.8 .
on January 3, 2015
love it great price for what it does.... had it for a while now and its my new go to lens
on July 18, 2011
I love this lens. This was my first uprgade from my kit lens and I chose this based on reviews and pictures I saw shot with this lens on flicker. My only complaint is that I wish I had purchased a more versitile lens like a 24-70mm first as the functionality is limited to unbelievable portraits, but that would have also cost me almost 4 times more. I would say this is a fantastic purchase.
on April 2, 2013
This lens is great. If you love your 50mm 1.8 this one is even better, it gives you the same picture quality (beautiful bokeh) plus an extra stop of light but what really makes this lens a great upgrade from the 1.8 is the USM focusing. The build quality is much better also, is not plastic like the 1.8
on March 1, 2013
I bought this lens for my Canon 60D in order to take indoor basketball pictures of my kids. It works great and people are amazed at the pictures it takes. I have also used to for portrait pictures, but to a lesser extent. I would highly recommend this lens. Amazon pricing and delivery are hard to beat.
on November 3, 2011
It seems as if the mark of a professionally taken picture - at least to relatively untrained eyes like mine - is the use of a shallow depth of focus. This lens is truly superb in both the clarity and crispness of the pictures taken and, more importantly for my purposes, allows me to capture more of the indoor world that lenses with smaller maximum apertures are unable to, at least without resorting to flash or holding with a VERY steady hand. I have a newly born daughter, and I am able to take such wonderfully beautiful pictures of her (and the hordes of relatives swooning over her!) without any effort at all. The autofocus is a definite step up from the 1.8 version of this lens and the extra stop down provided by the 1.2 ensures that I'll get crisp shots in low light (both lenses tend to be a little soft when fully open, so a picture taken at 1.8 on the 1.2 is noticeably sharper than a picture taken at 1.8 on the 1.8, if that makes sense).

While many experienced reviewers go into the details of why this lens is so beautiful, I offer my opinion as a near-novice to other near (or complete) novices in saying that you (i) definitely want a 50mm in your collection, as it will quickly become your most used lens and (ii) the better and faster focusing mechanism on this 1.2, to me, makes the heavier price tag worth it.
on July 23, 2013
This lens was recommended to me by a wonderful photographer friend as a good piece to start experimenting with. After hours of walking around taking pictures of everything I could think of, I think that this lens is so much more than a starter. It's simple and soft and easy to use.
on July 17, 2015
Amazing lens. Must needed for any portrait photographer. Well worth the money. Very durable. I've had it for 5 years and still going strong.
on October 8, 2016
I am a working professional photographer and this is my workhorse.

An absolutely outstanding lens.