Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18SW_gno

on August 24, 2015
A great blogging/vlogging camera for beginners.
on September 15, 2017
This camera is amazing. It's been with me since 2 years ago and never let me down. I just love it so much!
on March 7, 2017
I've used this camera for 3 years now and it rarely disappoints. I love it.
on June 9, 2013
For $500, this is a steal. The HD video mode is a great start for videography if you use it right and have the right lenses and audio recorder. The pictures come out great too. Make sure you get the right, high quality lenses because those make a huge difference.
44 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 7, 2013
I got this camera because I'm a inspiring Video Director/ Producer and I wanted to up grade to a good DSLR for HD purpose and this camera with its mulitiple lens capability fix my needs and wallet!
on February 11, 2012
The initial learning curve is fairly steep for a beginner. However, once that is achieved--or if the user is even moderately acquainted with digital cameras--usage become intuitive. I am astounded by the variety of "tweeks" available in each shooting mode. I suggest using the basic modes until familiar with the buttons, then dive in head first! Of course, ALWAYS check the histogram after shooting. This is classified as an entry level camera. I suppose that keeps the cost down ($700 is down?) but who could ask for anything more?
on March 11, 2013
just as described, a fantastic and easy to learn DSLR camera. a great choice, just make sure to select your lenses carefully and don't get the stock lenses.
on March 10, 2013
Purchased for trip to Africa, one of the best purchases I have ever made. Easy to learn, as a beginner, and gain confidence to take better and better photos. You can grow into this one and have it for a long time.
on March 15, 2014
Ordered camera about 3 pm on Friday and the door bell rang at 8 am Saturday! OUTSTANDING! The camera is everything it said it would be. love it!
on September 1, 2011
Bought this for two reasons:

1. As a backup camera to my Canon 5D Mark II, and
2. As an APS-C 1.6 focal length multiplier to complement my various full frame lenses, thereby giving me a lot more focal length options.

Works great. Image quality is great. Obviously not as robust as the 5D Mk II but overall a very good camera for the price. There are controls quibbles that I have with all Canon cameras as their controls layouts simply do not compare favorably to my Nikons. However, all cameras involve trade-offs of one kind or another--these are things that you just cope with and move on.

Overall, a very good camera for the price.