Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 42 reviews(1 star). See all 2,025 reviews
on March 19, 2014
This camera has decent qualities, but I expected much more out of a canon rebel. Photography is my hobby and I was really disappointed in this. Auto focus was a joke. It took FOREVER to focus anything automatically, had much much better luck with manual, however I have animals and a 5 yr old son I like to photograph and this camera couldn't keep up! When you are taking photos of objects that don't move the photos turn out beautiful. Not to mention the camera's focus is extremely loud, obnoxiously so! Wish this was better because usually I love canon....
77 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 5, 2014
Bought this item in July 2011, tried turning it on recently and it froze, pulled the batteries and not it does not turn on, really disappointing at this , just thought that i would get alot of years from this camera since i never dropped it. I am thinking about sending it in for repairs.
33 comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 26, 2014
My friend has the same camera and when we use the same exact settings, his comes out perfect and mine has a lot of noise and pixalation. Ive tried everything to fix this and it doesn't seem to work. I dont even know what to use at this point and have used my Iphone more lightly..
22 comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 26, 2013
I bought this camera to shoot fly tying videos. Very disappointed since the camera automatically terminates the recording at about 11 1/2 minutes when 4mg are reached on the sdhc card. There is no override to go beyond that point. Very disappointed
on March 4, 2014
In the auto focus mode--this camera takes some of the worst photos I've ever seen. If you're in a hurry and need point and shoot, but require quality results--look somewhere else.
on September 25, 2013
This was a great camera for about 4 months. Until today when the reflex mirror bracket broke. I always taken very good care of my Canon T3i. I have never dropped my camera or mishandled it in any way and it breaks while taking pictures. I don't recommend this camera. Buy another DSLR.
on August 24, 2014
A few weeks after I bought this body the autofocus stopped working and all of my pictures were blurry. I sent it in once, they "repaired it" and sent it back. Pictures were not crisp, but not as blurry. At first. A few weeks later I find myself sending it in again. Horrible wasted of time and money.
on May 28, 2013
I read quite a lot of the reviews on this product and was filled with much confidence when ordering that this was the camera for me! Unfortunately the auto focus could never, ever focus on anything. I mainly want to use the camera for pictures of my professional cakes and my pets.
The images I did manage to get were much lower quality than I was expecting.
When trying to photograph my hamsters the focus just kept trying, and trying, and trying, and trying...it could never focus on anything and would miss lots of great shots. When it finally decided to focus everything was blurry. Rubbish.
I tried to test the focus using the macro mode, where the instruction booklet tells you to get as close as possible to the subject - I chose to photograph a flower in a vase. The stupid thing could not focus on the flower. I wasn't even able to take one photo. Not one!
I'm not expecting the world's best DSLR for this price, but I do expect to actually be able to take photos.
33 comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 9, 2013
Piece of crap! I've had it for about a year and a half. Have really not used it that much. I went to turn it on the morning of my daughter's wedding and no response. Bought a new battery, still nothing. Apparently it's dead and has to go back to the factory to have the internal fuse checked. Will never buy a Canon again.
on February 7, 2014
It doesn't work right the video recorder doesn't work, the auto focus doesn't work on any macro I want to get great close ups but I can't