Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports
Canon T3i vs. T3 I'm new to the SLR world and trying to figure out the difference between the T3i and T3. Any help is appreciated.
asked by Shirley Bonne on May 12, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 64 answers
A
The T3 is actually the new version of the old Rebel XS Canon budget model. The T3i is essentially a Rebel T2i with some extra features such as an articulating LCD screen. The T3 is aimed at the casual photographer who wants to step up to better quality from a point and shoot camera while the T3i is aimed more towards enthusiast photographers who want every advantage an advanced model can afford them.
Technology Guy answered on May 26, 2011
Comment | 119 of 138 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
George Hamilton answered on November 24, 2011
Comment | 58 of 66 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Amazon Customer answered on April 3, 2012
Comment (1) | 37 of 40 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
T3i is next version of T3 with 18MP compared to 12MP in T3. It is also capable of shooting videos at 1080p with 30fps while T3 could only do 720p videos. You may seen these differences anyway by now.. but here are some reasons to consider T3i...

Much higher resolution screen
Higher resolution movies
Supports 24p
Better image quality

But on flip side, it is pretty costly affair...
Anil Kumar answered on May 15, 2011
Comment | 77 of 91 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
J. A answered on June 1, 2011
Comment | 26 of 31 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
"Actually, the T3 has the better image quality. Cramming more megapixels onto the same size chip, just gives you a noisier picture, with less dynamic range."

That's the problem with generalizations - they aren't always true. The sensor in the T3 is one or two generations behind the T3i's sensor. Sensor technology has improved with each generation. Even though it has fewer pixels, for example, my old 8MP Canon 30D certainly does not offer better image quality than my 18MP 7D. In fact, there's simply no contest between the two at ISO 1600.
Technology Guy answered on June 29, 2011
Comment | 44 of 56 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Technology Guy answered on June 30, 2011
Comment | 20 of 26 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Troy Edwards answered on June 29, 2011
Comment | 56 of 79 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Your old 28-80mm kit lens will work on the Rebel T3 or any other Canon DSLR for that matter. The 28-80, however, isn't very good optically (its easier to see this on a digital SLR), has no image statbilization and won't seem wide enough on the T3. Non-pro DSLRs use sensors that are somewhat smaller than 35mm film cutting off part of the image giving you a narrower view than you're used to with that lens. For these reasons, make sure to get the 18-55 IS kit lens with the T3.
Technology Guy answered on November 27, 2011
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
"[Is it] necessary to buy the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Camera Lens for basic lens?"

Its not 'necessary' to buy the 50mm but it IS an inexpensive introduction to 'prime lenses'. Prime lenses don't zoom but are typically very sharp, need less light than zooms and many of them can be used to blur out the background to empasize your subject. The 50mm makes a fair portrait lens for these reasons. If you want to explore photography, the 50mm will help you do things the kit lens can't.
Technology Guy answered on February 26, 2012
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   Next ›

See all questions about this product