Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Canon TC-DC58C Tele Converter Lens for Canon A650I..." and save 19% off the $149.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Canon TC-DC58C Tele Converter Lens for Canon A650IS, G7 & G9 Digital Cameras
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Compact digital still camera with built-in flash, 14x Optical/4x Digital/56x Combined
- Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer System
- 14.1 Megapixel, 1/2.3-inch type Charge Coupled Device (CCD)
- Focal Length 5.0 (W) - 70.0 (T) mm (35mm film equivalent - 28 - 392mm)
- Digital Zoom 4x
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
|Item Dimensions||3.2 x 0.12 x 3.1 inches|
|Item Display Weight||0.92 pounds|
|Item Weight||0.75 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||0.95 pounds|
The Canon TC-DC58C Tele-converter Lens converts the focal distance of the body lens by a factor of 2.0x when attached.
Note: Lens will obstruct flash when used.
Note: Requires Canon LA-DC58H Lens Adapter to use with Canon G7 digital camera.
When you need more telephoto zoom in a smaller package, the Canon TC-DC58C teleconverter lens is an ideal choice. The TC-DC58C converts the focal distance of your body lens by a factor of 2x when attached to a Canon A650IS, G7, or G9 digital camera. Note: the converter requires the LA-DC58H lens adapter to connect with the PowerShot G7 camera.
- Magnification: 2x
- Rear mount diameter: 58mm
- Front mount diameter: None
- Construction: 3 elements in 3 groups
- Dimensions: 3.2 inches in diameter and 3.3 inches long
- Weight: 11.7 ounces
Read about our customers' top-rated lenses and cameras on our review pages: Lenses, Digital SLR Cameras, Compact System Cameras
Top Customer Reviews
(1) this add-on lens completely obscures the view through the optical viewfinder, so you have to rely on the LCD screen for framing your shots. You will need good light to be using a shutter speed that is fast enough to hold the camera at arm's length, like you need to do to see the screen, and the visibility of the screen in bright sunlight can be less than ideal. It can be done. A tripod or monopod would work better, provided your subject doesn't move too quickly or erratically. My percentage of keepers shooting birds in flight, for example, was pretty low.
(2) While the G7/G9 lens zooms from 35mm to 210mm (equivalent in 35mm terms), and this 2x converter gets you out to 420mm at the long end, you can't use it down to the 70mm (=2x35mm)you might expect, as you will run into severe vignetting. I *think* you can use it for all or most of the range above 210mm.
Having said all this, the G9 plus this converter makes for a very small and light long-lens package, for those who already have a G7/G9 or who only require the added reach from time to time.
Canon also makes a wide angle lens that utilizes the same adaptor. I also discovered that by attaching 58mm closeup lenses to this adaptor and selecting full telephoto setting on the camera the very best macro images can be obtained, much better than with just the macro setting of the camera itself. However, all of this is beyond the scope of this review.
My little G9 is now the basis of a more versatile interchangable lens camera system. However, unlike other such systems, this one simply modifies the focal length of the excellent lens already built into the camera. Autofocus and all other camera functions remain intact.
If you have a G7 or G9 camera and would like to reach out a little farther, I highly recommend this teleconverter lens.
In the end, I'm very happy with it. It's easy to put on and take off... just screws right onto the necessary converter. It looks a little funny connected to the camera but no more than the pros look with their 800MM lenses at the super bowl (just a much smaller scale).
You need to know that this basically just extends the focal lenth by 2X at the high end. It doesn't make the wide angle half as wide (like making a 35MM a 70mm). So at the wider angles it's like looking through a tunnel with the image in the center of a dark tube. But once you get toward the telephoto range you "zoom out" of the tunnel and get the full effect of the lens.
It works great...no complaints and gives you a 400MM capability on the G9.
Don't forget to set your camera on CONVERTER so that you get clear crip shots with no interferance. This lens works best with good lighting conditions. Great for zoo photography.
If you are on the fence about what lens to get for the CANON A650 IS look no more - this is the one!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I would recommend it to anyone. Takes great pictures with this adapter.
the filters are good too,the pictures that I took with the filter...Read more
This is a perfect solution for Tele photos, the image is very clear and the size and...Read more