Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Canon VIXIA HF G20 HD Camcorder with HD CMOS Pro a..." and save 16% off the $899.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Canon VIXIA HF G20 HD Camcorder with HD CMOS Pro and 32GB Internal Flash Memory
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 10x HD Video lens (5mm equivalent: 30.4mm – 304mm) with 8-Blade Iris, 3.5 inch touch LCD
- Canon HD CMOS Pro Image Sensor (1/3-inch, 1920 x 1080 image sensor) with 20% improved low-light performance
- Up to 12 hours of HD recording to 32GB internal memory (2 additional card slots available)
- Dynamic SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization and Intelligent IS automatically
- Cinama-Look Filter with 9 built-in filters
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
Go big or go home.
Our Pro Bundle has everything you need to launch an awesome looking stream. The Canon HF G20 camcorder provides superior video quality and flexibility, (don’t forget a tripod!). A green screen gives you limitless customizable backgrounds, and a desktop lighting set up makes sure you are looking good.
The Razer microphone and Behringer mixer let you easily adjust volume levels while capturing rich sound, and the Steelseries wireless gaming headset lets you hear gameplay without interfering.
Don’t let looking and sounding good slow you down; the Elgato Game Capture HD60 allows you to offload streaming duties to another machine, letting you play at your system’s maximum settings.
|Battery Type||Lithium Ion|
|Included Components||Flash Memory Card|
|Item Dimensions||3.2 x 3.6 x 8.3 inches|
|Item Weight||1.37 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||890 Milliampere Hour (mAh)|
|Lithium Battery Weight||46 grams|
|Media Format Digital Video||SD, SDHC, SDXC|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||2.37 MP|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CMOS|
|RAM Memory Technology||flash memory|
|Shipping Weight||4.06 pounds|
|Supported Battery Types||Canon BP-808/BP-809/BP-819|
|Video Capture Format||avchd|
|Video Capture Resolution||1080p_hd|
True video enthusiasts and advanced amateurs will find their inspirational match in the new VIXIA HF G20. Designed to rival pro-level camcorders in image quality, it's equipped with a Genuine Canon 10x HD Video Lens with 8-bladed iris for stunning quality video and soft, beautiful background blur. The camcorder's Canon HD CMOS Pro Image Sensor provides extraordinary flexibility with extended dynamic range, enhanced gradation, and significantly more light capture for 20% improved low-light performance.
Read about our customers' top-rated camcorders on our review page: Camcorders
Top Customer Reviews
1) Canon g20. G20 is essentially a g10 that has been fixed. Audio is MUCH better, Digital zoom has been removed (it was useless on the g10), Telemacro has been added. Powered IS has been moved to the touch screen and replaced with a 'Pre-Record' button (but this is changeable in manual mode), the low light seems a tiny bit better, side by side the g20 looks a tiny bit brighter than the g10, but where it REALLY makes a difference is the noise in the video. Shadows are cleaner/crisper.
2) Canon G10. This was the prime camcorder before I got the G20, I would try to hand record the entire concert on just this. With the other 2 camcorders as 'emergency backups' to clip to if I absolutely could not save a section of video (like someone walking in front of me, or a band member jumping off stage without me catching it). The Audio was beyond piss poor though, despite my best efforts it would always sound tinney, and lack on vocals.
3) Canon M30. I used this as the backup, Usually very dark and nearly unwatchable. Colors usually off. However, prior to the g20, this was the best source for audio, when connected to a shotgun mic. Audio is FAR better than the G10, but close to the G20.
4) JVC Everio 440US. Not even sure why I would bring this or set it up. Unless the lights were very bright, it just picked up noisy black, and the audio was tolerable, but far from good. It really was useless unless it was less than 2' from a person. During daylight its actually a GREAT camcorder, but has basically no low light ability.
I LOVE the new hood design, its nice having a cap built into the hood. Eye piece looks nicer.
Overall the g20 truly is a g10, specs are identical. I suspect there was a firmware update and very minor hardware changes to make the new model. I was actually trying to buy a second G10 when this hit the market. I was pleasantly surprised at the minor changes, but if you are buying this as an upgrade from a G10.... Maybe hold off till you can grab the g25 (pro model) or g30 (which supports 60p), otherwise you will likely be disappointed. It IS better than the g10, but not by enough to justify spending a grand to upgrade.
Some Misc info for people to consider buying with this:
58 mm uv filter (evena cheapo will be fine... just protects your lens from scratches/dirt/etc)
3000 mah wasabi extended battery pack, (works perfectly in this, shows time remaining, etc)
2x32 gig SDHC cards. Comes with 32gig built in, but its nice to know you have 3 separate places to record to. Plus the usb interface is slow for dumping video to a computer.
The price is excellent, the camera is incredible. I have shot with many camcorders, from $500-$15,000. This is one of the best for the money. Period.
If you care about video quality, this is probably the least expensive way you can go and still be happy with the quality.
Con: The battery and memory that come with it are only good for a few hours, so be aware if you're trying to film on-site somewhere remote.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
update- since getting it around may 2016, this camcorder has not given me any...Read more