Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 157 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 185 reviews
on March 19, 2015
I selected this camera for a replacement for our church. All I can say is that this camera is outstanding. Night and day in quality from old Sony CX330. Great lowlight quality during communion and other events. I just ordered another one to replace the other consumer HD camcorder. All of these cameras are setup at 1080i 59.94fps connecter through an Orei XD700 HDMI to SDI converter and then connected to our BlackMagicDesign ATEM Television Studio.
review image review image review image review image
44 comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 7, 2016
Received this camera as a gift (before this I made short films with just my iphone, a tripod, and a remote). This camera stepped up my amateur cinematography game up to an unprecedented level. Despite being beginner friendly, it has many advanced features that I learned about and now know how to use which I believe make it an excellent mid-level video camera. This camera gives you videos you could only dream about capturing in comparison to your normal point and shoot or smart phone. Cannot express enough how happy I am to have been given this camera :)
on May 1, 2014
Bought this for my wife for a holiday gift based on the reviews about its quality. Wish I had this one years ago. The video quality is fantastic. I'm a bit picky on audio and video quality, so much so I gave up on getting video. But after seeing what this camera can do, I'm back to watching the video. The quality this camera can deliver is excellent, far better than anything I've own or seen that other people own. It reminds me what I have seen from professional cameras, but without the bulk.
If you care about video quality, this is probably the least expensive way you can go and still be happy with the quality.
on August 31, 2015
It's not movie pro quality, but if you're looking to make YouTube videos it's more than enough. Gorgeous image quality, very good sound quality, and extremely easy to use. I have small fingers and had no trouble with the menu buttons as other reviews said. It may be a finger size thing?

Con: The battery and memory that come with it are only good for a few hours, so be aware if you're trying to film on-site somewhere remote.
on June 2, 2014
This camera was bought as an upgrade to the CANON VIXIA HF M300 that I have had for 5 years. That was a great little camera, but this camera is so much better! The quality of the lens and the manual focus are great for long distance and low light. I record a lot of indoor stage performances and it is perfect no matter where I sit. Canon accessories are still compatible (I have an external microphone). Love this camera!!!
on September 20, 2015
Super broadcast quality recording even in very low light. This camera does more than I could hope for. Still finding new features all the time. Great camera in a vary small package. It's equivalent predecessor was three times this size! Records for hours on a 64 gig chip.
on April 6, 2014
Bought this to use for a series of short recordings of people telling their story. Video quality is outstanding and easy to use. I've yet to really master quality audio. I've tried several worthless options, but only succeeded by running sound through our mixer and then to camera using wireless body pack mic. Other efforts all contained a buzz or strong airy hum in the audio...especially the built in mic by itself. I'm pretty sure this is user error and will follow up if any real breakthrough.
on August 26, 2016
I've had this video camera for a year now and it's great! It takes some time to get used to the settings and how to set everything up, but it's a great video camera. Takes amazing video and amazing pictures too.
on December 29, 2013
I use this camcorder mainly for business. I am an acting coach and use it to record scenes actors do in my workshops. The fact that the camcorder can record on dual SD cards means that each actor in a two person scene can have a copy of their work. The camera is easy to use, offers many different functions and modes, and the quality of the videos is outstanding. It meets my expectations and then some.
on July 9, 2014
This is great great camera. With an easy to use menu and a very user friendly interface, I feel like this camera can be used by any beginner. What was the best is that I found it on Amazon cheaper than any other store or website I look on. It came with everything I needed and the user manual was the first one that I read that showed all shortcuts and easy ways to use the camera. I googled and youtubed special features of the camera and now I feel confident to use this for casting calls and mini movies I shoot!