Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Canon VIXIA HF R800 Camcorder (Black)" and save 30% off the $249.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Canon VIXIA HF R800 Camcorder (Black)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 57x (32.5-1853Mm) advanced zoom/ 32x Optical / 1140x Digital and Super range OIS.
- Canon 3.28 Megapixel full HD CMOS image sensor.
- Digic DV 4 image processor.
- Minimum Focusing Distance-All other modes: 10mm (WIDE end), 1m across entire zooming range (from edge of lens).
- However, approx. 50cm at tele macro setting established at this time (automatic movement to TELE end)
|What you need to know – This product has a serial number that uniquely identifies the item. When your order ships, Amazon will scan the serial number and add it to the history of the order. Should the item go missing before it arrives, Amazon may register the serial number with loss and theft databases to prevent fraudulent use or resale of the item. There is no action required from you and the serial number will only be used to prevent fraudulent activity associated with the missing item.|
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
VIXIA HF R800
Capture your family’s most precious memories with the VIXIA HF R800 camcorder. Thanks to its powerful zoom, you can record moments near, far and in between. Exciting new features include Highlight Priority mode with backlight correction to help you get the best shots you can, and improved slow and fast recording options that let you experiment with different ways to record. The lightweight package of the VIXIA HF R800 means you can keep it on hand to record whatever you want, whenever you want, to removable SD cards that provide quick and convenient sharing. Easy to use and bring with you, pick up the VIXIA HF R800 and start making memories.
57x Advanced Zoom
The impressive 57x Advanced Zoom allows you to create videos with dynamic variety, and is less likely to disrupt the action you're shooting. It's ideal for formal ceremonies, animals in the wild, candid family videos and more. Available in manual mode, Advanced Zoom takes the camcorder's telephoto power from 32.5mm all the way to 1853mm (35mm equivalent) for amazing flexibility in shooting. For more convenient shooting and better creative control over your videos, the camcorder offers continually variable Zoom Speed settings with 15 levels available.
Optical Image Stabilization
Canon's sophisticated SuperRange Optical Image Stabilizer helps correct camera shake quickly, so even handheld video taken at long focal lengths can be sharp and steady. Providing continuous adjustment throughout the entire zoom range to correct a broad range of motion, the Dynamic Image Stabilization system on the VIXIA HF R800 camcorder stabilizes rotational camera shake. Controlling rotational camera shake – horizontal, vertical and roll axis – helps ensure smooth, virtually distortion-free video, even when you're walking while shooting.
Full HD CMOS Sensor
The VIXIA HF R800 camcorder is equipped with a 3.28 Megapixel Full HD CMOS Image Sensor to capture your memories in true 1920 x 1080 resolution. Canon's advanced, high-resolution HD CMOS Image Sensor features extra sensitivity that delivers beautifully lifelike Full HD video with natural color, even in low light. On-chip noise reduction brings bright clarity to every frame. Video is rich, clear and amazingly detailed anywhere you view it, even when played back on a large HDTV.
DIGIC DV 4 Image Processor
The VIXIA HF R800 camcorder incorporates the powerful DIGIC DV 4 Image Processor for outstanding imaging performance. The DIGIC DV 4 Image Processor captures more light, for brighter, virtually noise-free images even in dark scenes. It also speeds up operation and enables steady image stabilization for clear images even when shooting handheld.
Record Video Directly to a Removable SD Card
The VIXIA HF R800 camcorder records Full HD video directly to a removable SD memory card. Widely available in several capacities, SD memory cards let you share your videos quickly and easily. In addition to SD memory cards, the VIXIA HF R800 also lets you use super-high capacity SDXC cards. The same size as a standard SD card, an SDXC card can hold up to 2048 GB, and provides ultra-fast data transfer.
MP4 1080/60p Recording
1080/60p recording captures a large amount of information, virtually eliminating diagonal noise so even fast-moving subjects can show up crisply. This great sense of detail and faithful rendering of moving edges, plus enhanced color and fine tonal gradation, helps you take advantage of all that Full HD has to offer. Files are captured at a bit rate of up to 35 Mbps, so image quality is incredibly high.
Lightweight, Portable Body
Keep the VIXIA HF R800 with you for life’s unforgettable memories. A lightweight, compact and convenient body means you can have the camcorder ready for those extraordinary moments, with no need to worry about it taking up precious luggage room for your vacations, outings and family trips.
Touch Panel LCD
The VIXIA HF R800 camcorder features a 3.0-inch capacitive touch panel LCD screen that's bright and clearly visible, even outdoors in the sun, with rich, natural color reproduction. Its streamlined user interface makes choosing focal points, tracking moving subjects, and shooting and watching your videos easy and fun. Clear explanations pop up when selecting shooting modes and recording formats, so even new videographers can feel confident as they create impressive videos.
High-capacity Battery Pack
The VIXIA HF R800 camcorder is powered by a high capacity Battery Pack BP-727. The rechargeable lithium-ion battery not only lets you shoot for long periods, but features intelligent technology that can accurately indicate remaining battery time for extra insurance that you won't miss an important shooting opportunity.
Slow and Fast Motion Recording
The VIXIA HF R800 camcorder delivers flexible Slow and Fast Motion capabilities for a variety of customizable recording options. You can record slow-motion images at speed settings down to 0.5x, ideal for checking out your golf swing or creating movie-like slow-mo effects. Fast motion has a top speed of 1200x, recording an incredible 20 hours of action in a single one-minute scene. You can even choose new speed settings of 300x and 600x for added flexibility.
Highlight Priority Mode
Capture your memories exactly as you see them with the improved Highlight Priority Mode, which helps to prevent loss of detail in high brightness areas. Now featuring Backlight Correction, the VIXIA HF R800 camcorder delivers footage that’s more balanced and realistic, leaving you with beautiful memories to enjoy for years to come.
Zoom Framing Assist Setting
To complement the VIXIA HF R800 camcorder’s long-distance recording capability, Zoom Framing Assist helps keep distant subjects in the frame. When you're shooting at the long end of the zoom and you've lost your subject, simply press an icon on the touch screen and the zoom magnification will automatically decrease, making it easy for you to locate and zoom in on the subject. Available in Auto or Manual mode, Zoom Framing Assist helps you accurately track and capture your subject.
File Lock Function
With one simple setting, you can keep your videos safe from accidental operational errors. The File Lock function disables deletion, dividing, trimming, copying, MP4 conversion and thumbnail changes with a touch, giving you peace of mind when children or others use your camcorder.
Compatible with Canon Connect Station CS100
The VIXIA HF R800 camcorder is compatible with Canon's photo and video storage device: the Canon Connect Station CS100. It provides up to 1TB of hard drive space, storing approximately 150,000 photos or approximately 70 hours of video content1. For ease of use, it features USB connectivity for quick file transfer, as well as simple menus for easy file storage, managing and sorting. Images and videos can then be viewed in Full HD on an HDTV, sent for printing and more.
CameraWindow DC Software
CameraWindow DC software is available as a downloadable application. The software can make it easy to import MP4 and JPEG files from your VIXIA camcorder to a PC or Mac, where they can be shared and edited.
1. Calculated with approx. 6.6MB for each photo and with average 32 Mbps Full HD video.
Compare with similar items
Panasonic HC-V180K Full HD Camcorder with 50x Stabilized Optical Zoom (Black)
Canon VIXIA HF R700 Camcorder (Black)
Sony HD Video Recording HDRCX405 Handycam Camcorder
Canon VIXIA HF R82 Camcorder (Black)
Canon VIXIA HF R80 Camcorder (Black)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Goldentiger Tech||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Screen Size||3 in||2.7 in||3 in||2.7 in||3 in||3 in|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CMOS||CMOS||CMOS||CMOS||CMOS||CMOS|
|Video Capture Resolution||1920 x 1080||other||—||1080p_hd||—||1920 x 1080|
The VIXIA HF R800 it's a lightweight camcorder with an extensive optical zoom and easy-to-use interface.
Read about our customers' top-rated camcorders on our review page: Camcorders
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So, I had a gig come up where I really needed a 3rd camera (or really 7th camera, if you include GoPros), and I was torn between getting this Vixia HF R800, or the Vixia G20, which I call the poor-man's G40. There's a $500 price difference, so given my budget constraints, I opted for this R800. And boy, that was easily the best $250-or-less camera investment I've ever made. It's setup and user options interface is basically a simplified version of the G30 I already have, it records in the SAME 1080/60p format (and has most of the same video quality-level options). It uses the CMO sensor (or a version of it), so low-light quality was fairly crisp...except with dreaded red/pink lighting, then the fuzziness starts to come through...but again, we are talking very dark bars/stages here. Autofocus works well too, it doesn't spend a lot of time wandering around trying to focus. And damn, the sound quality was also extremely good, comparable to the G30 I have, but requiring a lot less work to get it setup for this kind of audio recording. For this gig, it was a static tripod camera, and it work exactly how I needed it to. It's so light and affordable, I might just buy another one, rather than get a GoPro for almost $100-$200 more.
Again, you CANNOT go wrong with the Canon Vixia line, it's pretty good, yawl!!
- Very pleased with its 180 degrees layout and its 90 degrees face down. For those who want to be a part of their film, you’re going to appreciate it.
- Its optical image stabilization is fantastic as the videos I took were not shaky or disorderly. I tested this out by walking while filming and driving with it on. You’re going to get some movement but compare to an iPhone this beats it out of the park.
- Taking pictures with it give you an HD 1920x1080 resolution.
- On my walking and driving test, I was getting 60 fps. Keep in mind that I was walking in a busy mall as the cam needed to adapt to numerous lighting issues (Was quite pleased with the fps over this).
- You have the option for an HDMI output if you want to plug it into your TV.
- Little to none noise distortion while filming. Of course, this will depend on your location, but for filming indoors (with outside traffic) you’re not going to hear a thing.
- The video quality is very good as the cam captures a sharp detail layout of what it’s filming. You’re going to see what I mean when you film a cloud or a grassy lawn with this cam.
- It’s a small compact cylinder which feels good in your hand, while not experiencing significant heat from it.
- This is a “set and forget” type of camera as you really don’t need to do anything other than turn it on and press record.
- Color, adjustment, stabilization are all automatic and yes you have the option to customize it yourself if you want to.
- Biggest perk was the zoom feature. I believe you can go to 57x into a focal point, really impressive, as I never realize that I would spend 5 minutes of memory just for filming ants.
- Little to none controls on this device as you can let anyone use it without the fear of them pressing anything that might ruined what you’ve already filmed.
- Where you want to zoom, just point your figure and that’s it. Super easy to use.
- A unique mode called highlight priority prevents your videos from being blown out. This means that you will lose some detail quality but more information on what you’re filming will be preserved. I don’t use it but it’s something to note.
- 1080p on a 128 GB will give you 8 hours and reducing to 720 will give you up to16 hours of recording.
- Really like that it has a built-in video editor as it’s easy to use and you don’t need to plug it in a computer to use it. I’ll find this a lifesaver if I’m on the road traveling.
Cons and Oks:__________
- Sometimes I experience the video playback from my computer to be rough as something that you’ll see on a $50 camera. This only occurs sometimes when I’m using 1080p filming. This is not a constant basis but I think everyone should know because the view is fine when It’s on my TV (could be a software issue).
- You’re going need to get an external microphone if you’re planning to talk with it on the road. Take it to Disneyland and no one will be able to hear what you’re talking about.
- Regarding with the mic issue, keep in mind that it doesn’t have a manual audio control level for an external mic input.
- You need to have a memory card installed in order to record. No built in memory.
- Low lighting is not the best for this one. It’s alright but you’ll see the difference in quality compare to daytime filming,
- Complete zoom out doesn’t give you a whole 180 degree viewing as its right at the fisheye lens.
- No 4k resolution. Something that even $50 cameras have.
- Not a lot of options in enhancement feature while filming.
Families and social media bloggers are going to love this. It’s small, compact, a good battery life, and is something that doesn’t require extensive knowledge in video experience. I had a great time using it as the light/compact style made it fast and easy to turn it on and begin filming. These are the type of cameras you’re going to be taking it to the beach or at a special event. It brings a 1080p quality experience without forking over that much in income to buy it.
Social media bloggers will love the size and image quality when filming but the microphone may be a deal breaker. It’s not bad but without a manual audio control level feature in the cam you won’t be able to know if your voice can be heard. Not to mention that 4k is now becoming the new 1080p where almost any new camera on the market will be adding this option.
Overall it’s a decent camera with some impressive features. It’s not the best in the market but it’s nowhere near the worse. The price they offer justifies what you’re buying with this. Verdict: This is almost built for on the go, at a moment’s notice. If the mic issue isn’t a factor to you, then it’s a good bang for your buck.
Hopefully, I was a help to you.
One feature I like is the on-screen focus. I think they call this a face tracking feature, but basically you touch the screen on any part and it sets the focus to there... that is useful when you have something in the middle of the screen you want to focus on and there are other objects further away. Often the regular autofocus feature gets stuck on the background somewhere, the face feature works well and is much faster than trying to manually focus the camera.
I get good quality full HD video at 30 FPS with stereo audio, the SD card is easy to access and pop into my computer. There is a USB port, and if I plug the camera in it recognizes it and the driver was installed automatically. But sucking the videos off the SD card is faster than the USB port, so I choose fast over easy. Overall, I have been happy with this purchase and if it was to meet with an accident, I would probably replace it with another just like it (especially since I know how to work it well now).
Most recent customer reviews
With the usb cable, I am able to connect the camera to PC and see the directory DCIM(and its sub-directories) and MISC on my SD card, but...Read more