Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 42 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 48 reviews
on March 9, 2014
Three shortcomings:

1) There's no way to attach a tripod (like one of those cool tiny tabletop tripods for taking "selfies"). Or a handle (great for active conditions, like kayaking/boating/water-skiing/bicycling etc.)

2) Yes it keeps moisture out if it isn't a humid day when you put the camera in the housing. There is no room for a desiccant pack, so if the door is closed on a damp day, the window fogs when the camera contacts cool water. Don't take this thing on that exotic island or jungle vacation or your snaps will come out all fuzz.

3) The door latch is very difficult to use unless you have long fingernails, your fingers are dry, and use two hands. (Other Canon underwater housings have a decent latching mechanism as do others from Nikon, Panasonic etc.).
------------------
If you must have this thing, check out this floating lanyard, also sold by Amazon: "Chums Waterproof Camera Float" http://www.amazon.com/Chums-30046-Waterproof-Camera-Float/dp/B003CK10DG/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1394391900&sr=8-15&keywords=waterproof
88 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 19, 2012
When you figure you spend about $10 on a waterproof disposable camera, and then another $10 or so processing it, this case just really makes sense - it will pay for itself after just a few uses. I was really, really impressed with how easy it was to snap on and to use the controls. The case didn't seem like much, but it was leakproof and even being handled by a two-year old in the pool didn't accidentally pop it open. The pictures turned out great! I'm glad it came with a wriststrap, just a nice bonus. Easy to pop the camera in and out. The only downside I guess could be that you have to take the strap off the camera before putting it into the case each time, but for us that's not a big deal because we're not in the water every day, and it's really worth the minute it takes to switch it around to use the case. I wasn't sure I could justify the expense for this, but considering we'll get a lot of use out of it, I'm glad I did, and I wish I had bought it sooner.
review image
on June 20, 2012
I used this product on 2 water vacations. I was pleasantly surprised by the great quality/detail of the pictures taken. It was easy to incorporate my camera in the waterproof casing. I did noticed that the casing scratched very easily when I attempted to clean it after the first use (salt water snorkeling) and was quite concerned that that picture quality would be lost. As it turned out, the pictures turned out fine and the waterproof casing continued to perform as advertised. Because I was concerned about the negative reviews, I did perform underwater pre-testing of the sealed casing without my camera first so as not to ruin my camera. This really is a great product which allowed my to capture great underwater shots.
on January 8, 2013
When I first got the item I decided to try it empty as opposed to subjecting my camera to it and just going for it. I filled a pitcher full of water and left the empty closed camera case underwater for about 20 minutes. When I removed the case it was 100% dry on the inside so I figured I was good to go for what little I was going to have my actual camera underwater. I have no idea if things will change the more I open and close it, but for now it works great. I was looking more for something to take to the beach/pool and be "splash proof" so I can carry it around while doing things in those areas, instead of submersing it for underwater photos. I think if I want to do that then at some point I will simply replace it with a completely waterproof camera instead of a case. For now, for what I need, great, great product!!!
on September 9, 2013
I decided that for my trip to Mexico (where I was going to dive with whale sharks), I wanted an underwater housing that was compatible with the Canon Elph line. Great cameras... easy to use... superior image processing. Found this housing, then picked the camera. Phenomenal pictures, easy to use and reach all buttons. So appreciative that it isn't $300.

If you're wondering if it's worth it... it is..... 100x over.
on September 8, 2012
I can't tell you how much fun the kids have had in the pool with this case. When you wrap this around your Powershot, you can take it underwater. I have taken great pictures of the kids swimming, and they even take it and take pictures themselves while they're diving.

I don't really like having to take the camera strap off (there is no room for it in the case), but the case has a strap. Putting them on and taking them off, however, is a little inconvenient. But all in all, the case is awesome.
on August 31, 2011
Used this waterproof case for my new cannon elph during 6 day vacation in Hawaii. It worked perfectly and I managed to take nice pictures in the water every day. I was deciding between buying a waterproof camera or buying a regular camera + waterproof case, this option turned out cheaper and better. Most of the reviews of the waterproof cameras said they didn't take good pictures outside the water. This case worked perfectly for me, and I took fantastic pictures and videos in the water. It comes with a string that you can tie around your arm and swim without worrying about holding it. I highly recommend this case!
on September 17, 2012
I purchased this case before my Honeymoon to protect my camera as we were going on some snorkeling trips. I have to say this is one of the best products I've ever purchased, and further affirms my love for Canon products. I have to admit I was nervous as everyone is, but you have no reason to be. It's built solid and never leaked once. I can see the points of making sure to rinse it off after use in salt water, and replace the rubber ring every year. Get this product if you want great photos and don't want to buy a whole other waterproof camera!
on June 10, 2014
I absolutely looooove this product! I used this product on my vacation to the Bahamas. This case is well built! If you are deciding on buying whether or not you should buy a waterproof camera or just a housing case, I highly recommend this product for this is a cheaper alternative! I combined it with Chum's Waterproof Camera Float and it made my vacation!!
on September 7, 2012
Camera drops right in and the optics still give high quality video/pictures. If you have this camera and want to do underwater photos/videos, buy this thing. I am very happy with the case, and all camera functions are available.

Very easy to use, and very good quality. The only thing I would have liked it some form of cover for the lens and screen viewer, and a tripod mount. With no tripod mount it is difficult to use this to record you doing things or take self portraits.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.