Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Canon PIXMA Pro-100 Wireless Color Professional In...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 50% off the $499.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Canon PIXMA Pro-100 Wireless Color Professional Inkjet Printer with Airprint and Mobile Device Printing
|Price:||$379.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$120.00 (24%)|
- 8 Dye based inks for amazing gradients and color, 3 of which are dedicated grayscale inks for beautiful black & white prints
- The Optimum Image Generating System reproduces colors as you intend them by logically selecting the optimum ink combination and placement
- Compatible with Individual CLI-42 Ink Tanks (Black, Gray, Light Gray, Cyan, Photo Cyan, Magenta, Photo Magenta, Yellow). Save Even More On Value Packs. Only Replace The Inks That Run Out!
- 4800 x 2400 dpi with FINE technology for incredible detail.Print your Vision up to 13" x 19": Print professional quality photos on various media up to 13" x 19"
- weight : 43.2 in bullet point
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item Canon PIXMA Pro-100 Wireless Color Professional Inkjet Printer with Airprint and Mobile Device Printing
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$32.14||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||e@World||Active Trade||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Printer Connectivity Type||USB Cable | Wi-Fi | Mobile Memory||Wireless;Mobile; USB||Wireless;Ethernet; USB||USB||USB; Wi-Fi; Ethernet||USB; Wi-Fi|
|Item Dimensions||27.2 x 15.2 x 8.5 in||17.3 x 27.8 x 12.5 in||27.2 x 15.2 x 8.5 in||9.6 x 11.9 x 10.7 in||19.1 x 10.4 x 16.8 in||16.4 x 6.5 x 10.9 in|
|Item Weight||43.2 lbs||22 lbs||43.9 lbs||8.15 lbs||21.5 lbs||6 lbs|
|B&W Pages per Minute||1.2||2.8 pages_per_minute||9 pages_per_minute||2 pages_per_minute||8.5 pages_per_minute||36|
|Media Size Maximum||13 x 19 inch||13 x 19 inch||13 x 19 inch||4 x 6 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||5 x 7 inch|
|Operating System||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac||Windows|
|Print Media Type||Paper (plain)||Paper (plain)||Paper (plain)||Paper (plain)||Envelopes, Paper (plain)||Paper (plain)|
|Resolution||4800 x 2400||5760 x 1440||—||5760 x 1440||4800||—|
|Additional Features||cd-printing||network-ready||network-ready||Integrated Card Reader, Mac Compatible||Auto-Document Feeder||Integrated Card Reader|
Professional Wireless Photo Printer with 8 dye based color inks for colorful and vivid prints
From the Manufacturer
It’s time to step up to the large format, professional quality printer you’ve been dreaming about. The PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless1 Professional Inkjet Printer possesses the functionality and technology you need to achieve high-quality output so your prints can look as good as the images you capture. The 8-ink dye based ChromaLife100+ system provides you with an amazing color gamut so your prints will look as vivid as you remember.
The PIXMA PRO-100 shares technology with the rest of the PIXMA PRO line utilizing the Optimum Image Generating System to ensure what you envision is exactly what you get. The OIG System analyzes each area of the print and chooses the best ink mixture so you see the colors you expect to see in your print.
The new Print Studio Pro2 plug-in software makes it even easier to get amazing results from your favorite photo applications. Add to that connectivity options like Wi-Fi, Ethernet and USB and you have a professional machine that easily fits into your workflow that you can place anywhere around the studio.
For media support, the PIXMA PRO-100 features two paper trays. A rear tray for a variety of fine art and glossy photo papers, and a manual slot for thicker media to meet your printing needs.
Professional Wireless1 Photo Printer with 8 dye based color inks for vibrant and detailed prints
- 8 Dye based inks for amazing gradients and color, 3 of which are dedicated grayscale inks for beautiful black & white prints.
- The Optimum Image Generating System reproduces colors as you intend them by logically selecting the optimum ink combination and placement.
- Print Studio Pro Plug-in software2 offers a seamless and stress free photo printing workflow for professionals.
- 4800 x 2400 dpi3 with FINE technology for incredible detail.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
Print your Vision up to 13" x 19":
Print professional quality photos on various media up to 13" x 19".
Professional Quality, Built-in:
Canon Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) features a patented print head that enables printing with microscopic droplets and high resolution up to 4800 x 2400 dpi.3
True Monochrome Prints:
The 3 monochrome inks which are part of the 8-ink ChromaLife100+ system5 consist of Black, Gray, and Light Gray. These inks deliver enhanced, deep black density to raise your level of professional print quality when creating the dramatic expression of grayscale photography.
Uniform Ink Height:
The Chroma Optimizer brings uniform ink height over the printed image and regulates surface reflection. This maintains the natural color and integrity of your printed photos.
Optimum Analysis and Mixture of Color:
The Optimum Image Generating (OIG) System utilizes two major technologies that were first introduced in the PIXMA PRO-1. The first is a sophisticated mixing balance of inks determined from numerous ink combinations and advanced analysis. During this analysis, the OIG System carefully calculates the best results for each print mode and paper type used while looking at various image factors including color reproduction, tonal gradations, black density, and low graininess. These critical ink balancing principles are derived from Canon's expertise in imaging technology, as well as the familiar colors of life that people see and remember on a daily basis. The second is the balancing of color reproduction, tonal gradations, and uniform glossiness. The genius and power of the OIG System is truly showcased when your image is printed, exhibited, and is seen exactly as you envisioned it.
The powerful Print Studio Pro plug-in software2 provides professional photographers effective printing solutions and can directly hand-over image data. Print Studio Pro is compatible with Digital Photo Professional (ver 2.1 or later), Adobe Photoshop CS, Adobe Photoshop Elements, and Adobe Photoshop Lightroom.
Versatile Paper Handling:
Two-way paper feeding provides a rear tray for most supported media types and a dedicated manual feed in the back of the printer for easy loading of thicker papers.
Built-in CD and DVD Printing:
Conveniently print onto your printable CD, DVD or Blu-ray Discs and jackets.
The built-in Wi-Fi1 gives you the freedom to place the printer where it’s convenient and allows multiple users to seamlessly print from several computers.
Enables you to print photos, email, Web pages and documents from your Apple device directly to your printer - without installing a driver.4
A PictBridge connection lets you print photos directly from your compatible digital camera, DV camcorder, or camera phone.
A PictBridge connection lets you print photos directly from your compatible digital camera, DV camcorder, or camera phone.
Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit6
- Mac OS X v10.5.8, 10.6, 10.76
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless Professional Inkjet Printer
- CD/DVD Disc Printing Tray
- Manuals and other documents
- Setup CD-ROM
- Setup Ink Tanks
- Power Cord
- Print Head
- USB Cable
|PIXMA PRO-100 |
Wireless Professional Inkjet Printer
|PIXMA PRO-10 |
Wireless Professional Inkjet Printer
|PIXMA PRO-1 |
Professional Inkjet Printer
|Speed & Quality|
|Photo Print Speed (approx.)7|
|Print Resolution (up to)3|
|Ease of Use|
|Professional Printing Plug-ins2||Easy-PhotoPrint Pro|
|Direct Photo Printing9|
GENUINE CANON INKS & PAPERS
- Wireless printing requires a working Ethernet network with wireless 802.11b/g or n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
- Print Studio Pro plug-in software is compatible with Adobe Photoshop CS4/CS5/CS5.1, Adobe Photoshop Elements 8/9/10, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2.7/3 and Canon Digital Photo Professional 3.12 or later.
- Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/4800 inch at minimum.
- Printer firmware update may be necessary for AirPrint function. Certain exceptions may apply. A PC running Windows XP or later or A Mac running OS 10.5.8 or later and USB cable required to perform firmware update. AirPrint functionality requires an iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
- Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions, and environmental factors. See www.usa.canon.com/chromalife100plus for additional details.
- System requirements vary by application. For Mac OS, an Internet connection is required during software installation. For Windows OS, .NET Framework 4 is required to install My Image Garden and Quick Menu.
- Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed is measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage. See www.usa.canon.com/printspeed for additional information.
- Envelopes, High Resolution Paper and certain fine art papers are NOT supported for borderless printing.
- Requires Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for iPhone app, available for free on the App Store, or Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for Android app available for free on Google Play. Compatible with iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, iPod touch and Android devices running Android OS 1.6 or later.
- CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM is a premium content service available exclusively to users only when all of the colors of genuine Canon inks are installed.
- Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.usa.canon.com/support for details.
Top Customer Reviews
I have spent a lot of effort to figure out how to match screen to print. For a monitor, I use an NEC PA271W calibrated using NEC's X-Rite based sensor. I calibrate the monitor to a color balance of 4000K. I view the print next to the monitor under a 4000K Solux lamp (50W low voltage halogen). Using my old printer, a Canon iP6700D, I can get excellent screen to print match using Canon glossy papers (Photo Paper Plus Glossy) and standard Canon printer profiles for those papers. I use 4000K color temperature because I have found (using the X-Rite sensor) that my house is around 4000K on the interior during the day and is in the 3200-3300K range at night (artificial light). I find the 4000K screen color balance makes the screen look like the prints when hung on the wall. This all has taken me years to figure out. I also demand a high level of quality and I am very sensitive to color shifts.
Now for the Canon PRO-100 printer. I first printed on stock Canon papers using standard Canon profiles: Platinum Pro, Semi-Gloss, Luster, and Photo Paper Plus Glossy. I was somewhat disappointed with the results--they were OK. I found the screen match wasn't as good as with my older Canon iP6700D printer. So, I started to print grey scales (neutral, warm, cool, 21 points each). I found that for all the papers, the results were similar: highlights were significantly too dark, midtones were light and dark tones were light. I found that overall prints felt dark. I speculate this is because of the compressed contrast and especially missing highlights. I now was thinking I would need to make custom profiles for these papers---I assumed that the issue was with the stock Canon profiles, but couldn't be sure it wasn't a general printer issue. (I found these problems surprising given my past experience with Canon papers and profiles).
So, I tried some 3rd party papers. I tried 11 Hahnemuehle and Canson Infinity papers. What a difference! I got outstanding screen matches and color gamuts with the following papers: Hahnemuehle: Fine Art Pearl (my personal favourite), Photo Rag Satin, Photo Rag Pearl, Fine Art Baryta. Canson Infinity: BFK Rives, Platine Fibre Rag (very nice), Photo Satin Premium PC, PhotoArt HD Canvas. In each case I use the stock paper profiles for the PRO-100 supplied by Hahnemuehle and Canson Infinity. The PRO-100 definitely produced lovely prints with better screen matching and color gamut than my old Canon iP6700D. The general color tone was a significant improvement also.
So, in summary, the PRO-100 is an excellent printer when used with high quality profiles. For Canon paper, the stock Canon profiles are subpar and I would not recommend them.
Ok, now down to the nitty gritty. Setup time from box opened to my first print was about 45 min including installing software and so forth. The profiles for canon papers are not that bad depending on the paper, I tried Luster and Platinum Pro from there line. Luster was not that great, Platinum Pro was better. I also tried some Red River papers last night, I like them better than canon paper and there profiles are better. It feeds my 250gsm Aurora Art paper from the back feed with no problems. Print quality its self was better than my local Walgreens print center so long as you set it to fine, about on par if you set it to normal. Colors where great, purples and blues popped nicely when I was printing some MLP stuff for my daughter, reds and organ look nice too. Black and white is much better than a standard inkjet, but yes the Pro-10 and Pro-1 make better black and white prints (had a friend make me a couple from his studio to compare). Print time was not bad for a high end, on fine setting I hit print and go make a cup of tea, by the time I’m back the page is done. Considering I have some friends with printers that take 5 min a page, I’m pleased with the speed.
The good and bad of what is in the box. Well the power cord is a good length and the documentation is not bad. The USB cord they give you is a joke, it is short, very short, only slightly longer than the printer is wide. I have not tried the tray for printing on a CD. The packaging was good and secure.
Ok let’s talk value. When I ordered I was arguing between a good price point and the all-out performance of a Pro-1. I don’t print that much, some photos for my cube at my day job, some of my semi-pro photos that I sell on line and a little here and there for family. As such I did not feel that I could justify the price of a Pro-1 and figured I would try the Pro-100 and see if it met my needs. My needs are more than met. For the price point the Pro-100 cannot be beat. I am more than pleased with the purchase and with the rebate it is even better.
Word on the rebate. You need to send a full copy of the receipt (showing order number and that you paid), yes Amazon is an authorized retailer, it is a good idea to pre-register the rebate and send the whole set of bar code and SN on the outside of the box and it runs fairly smooth. DO NOT send the upc on the inner flap, DO NOT peel the label off the cardboard, send the cut out cardboard.
Hope that was helpful.