Canon PIXMA iP4820 Premium Inkjet Photo Printer (4496B002)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Incredible 9600 x 2400 color dpi for the best in photo lab printing
- Borderless 4" x 6" photo in approx. 20 seconds
- The Chromalife 100+ system gives you beautiful and long lasting photos
- All new Full HD Movie Print Software turns your favorite memories from your captured HD movies into beautiful prints
- Keep it eco-conscious: Built-in 2-sided printing helps the environment and can cut your paper usage by up to 50%
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
High Performance Inkjet Photo Printer with Built-in Auto Duplex Printing
From the Manufacturer
The PIXMA iP4820 Premium Inkjet Photo Printer possesses the high-quality, performance and ease of use for your various home printing needs. Plus, its sleek design is sure to compliment any home work area. Enjoy incredible 9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi1 with 1pl and a 5 individual ink tank system for beautiful, borderless2 photos up to 8.5" x 11," web pages or documents all with amazing quality. When printing your photos, realize the power of the ChromaLife100+3 when using genuine Canon inks and photo papers so your photos can be shared and preserved for generations. You’ll also be helping the environment thanks to built-in Auto Duplex Printing. This feature allows you to easily print on both sides of the paper without having to manually turn it over. So, you can help reduce your paper consumption by up to 50%, can save money and help the environment all at the same time.
Canon PIXMA iP4820 Premium Inkjet Photo Printer
High Performance Inkjet Photo Printer with Built-in Auto Duplex Printing
For the first time in home photo printing you can print still photographs from your captured HD movies with extraordinary technology called Full HD Movie Print.4 The all new Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with your Canon EOS Digital SLR or Powershot cameras into beautiful prints!
Printing and automatically correcting your photos has never been easier thanks to Auto Photo Fix II, which can be found within the EasyPhoto-Print EX software. If that wasn’t enough versatility, you can also enjoy 2-way Paper Feeding and computer-free photo printing with a PictBridge connection. So, you can print photos directly from your compatible digital camera, DV camcorder or camera phone.5
FEATURES & BENEFITS
SPEED & QUALITY
Realize the power of 9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi firing with 1pl1. Benefit? Incredible quality and detail in both your business documents and photos.
High Performance Individual Ink System:
This 5-color ink system consists of four dye-based inks plus a pigment-based black ink, producing exceptional photos and crisp, laser-quality text. So, you only replace the color ink tank that runs out.
Fast 4" x 6":
Print a beautiful, borderless photo in approx. 20 seconds!6
This system combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select genuine Canon photo papers and inks for beautiful borderless photos that will last up to 300 years when stored in an archival-quality photo album.3
EASE OF USE
Full HD Movie Print:
The all new Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with your Canon EOS Digital SLR or Powershot cameras into beautiful prints.4
Built-In Auto Duplex Printing:
Automatically print on both sides of the page without the hassle of turning it over manually. This saves you time, helps the environment and can cut your paper usage by up to 50%.
Auto Photo Fix II:
This built-in technology automatically categorizes your images into one of five types - Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, and Snapshot with Night Scenery - then applies optimal image and multi-zone exposure correction. So, unexposed areas of the photo will be optimized, area by area and faces that are backlit and under-exposed will automatically be brightened with correct color cast to help ensure more accurate skin tones for gorgeous images.
Print what you want off the web, easily. Easy-WebPrintEX allows you to create your own layout, take different sections of different websites and put them all on one page. Move, resize and trim your clips, insert notes and edit text, make it a portrait or landscape, print up to 3 columns on a page and even save the layout as a PDF file.7
Beautiful & Borderless:
Print photo lab quality from 4" x 6" up to 8.5" x 11."2
2-Way Paper Feeding:
Load paper from the front cassette or rear tray so whether you want photo paper in one and plain paper in the other you’re ready for superior quality printing!
Don’t feel like using a computer? No problem. Thanks to a PictBridge connection you can also print photos directly from your compatible digital camera, DV camcorder or camera phone.
Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES & BENEFITS
Fast Document Printing:
Print black and white, and color documents in the official print speed measure (images per minute) for one, four page Excel document, one, four page Word document and one, four page PDF document.8
- Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows XP/20009
- Mac OS® X v10.4.11 to 10.6.x9
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- PIXMA iP4820 Photo Printer
- Document Kit: Cross Sell Sheet, Getting Started, Important Information Sheet, Head Set Caution Sheet, Paper Feed Caution Sheet, Setup Software & User’s Guide CD-ROM, Warranty Card
- Ink Tanks: PGI-225 Pigment Black, CLI-226 (Cyan/Magenta/Yellow/Black)
- Power Cord
- Print Head
- Sample Media (4" x 6"/3 sheets)
|PIXMA iP2702 |
Inkjet Photo Printer
|PIXMA iP3600 |
Inkjet Photo Printer
|PIXMA iP4820 |
Premium Inkjet Photo Printer
|Speed & Quality|
|ISO Print Speed (up to)8 / |
4" x 6" Borderless Photo6
|Print Resolution (up to)1 / |
Minimum Ink Droplet Size
|Ink Cartridges / Tanks|
|Ease of Use|
|Full HD Movie Print Software Included4||-||-|
|Auto Duplex Printing||-||-|
|Multiple Paper Paths||-|
|Fun Printing Projects|
|Direct Photo Printing||-|
GENUINE CANON INKS & PAPER
- Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/9600 inch at minimum.
- Supported paper types for borderless printing are as follows: Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss, Photo Paper Glossy and Matte Photo Paper.
- Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions, and environmental factors. See www.usa.canon.com/chromalife100plus for additional details.
- "Full HD Movie Print" is available from 'MOV' movie files created by Canon digital cameras. From PC, or Mac with Intel® processor. Requires Canon ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later, or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later.
- Requires mobile phone equipped with PictBridge technology and a USB cable.
- Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage. See www.usa.canon.com/printspeed for additional details.
- Compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 in Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP only. Not included on installation CD. Requires Internet connection during installation. Internet Explorer 6 SP1 or later is needed.
- ISO/IEC 24734, 24735 define the default print and copy speed measurement methods. Print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734, excluding time to print the first set. Copy speed is the average of FCOT, ISO/IEC 24735 Annex D. ADF copy speed is the average of ESAT in General Performance Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24735, excluding time to copy the first set. See www.usa.canon.com/ipm for additional details.
- System requirements vary by application.
- Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.usa.canon.com/support for details.
Top Customer Reviews
When I complained to Canon that the replacement ink would cost more than the initial price for the printer, their reply was, "We understand your concerns regarding the cost of replacement Canon ink tanks for your printer; however, it should be noted that the cost of ink is the primary and highest percentage of the operating cost of using any ink jet printer, regardless of the manufacturer." I realize that, but why should I buy (pay the cost of) a new printer every three months? Sheesh!!
And if you run out of the color inks, you can't print B&W print even if you have a full black tank. What a rip-off.
We didn't want a scanner. Already have one that is fantastic (it is an HP). We don't need a memory card reader. We only need a printer. The PIXMA iP4820 fits that perfectly! This one replaces the four year old iP4300 that did a very good job. It has certainly improved the speed and image quality.
We didn't check with Canon but the error message doesn't provide any information other than contacting service and it appears that their standard response to this error for many of their printer models is to try to steer you to a new printer.
After checking potential solutions to B200 on various internet sources we decided to try cleaning the print head by removal and thorough washing with hot water and isopropanol. This procedure went well and wasn't too difficult but took some time. We also removed and cleaned the felt strip running in the channel below the print head.
Unfortunately, in our case, this didn't remedy the B200 error so we are going to dispose of the printer. Purchasing a new printer head doesn't seem like a wise decision, especially if this might not fix the error.
For the price 3 years of service from this printer doesn't seem too unreasonable, hence the OK rating.
However, Canon could and should provide better support for the B200 error such as a more precise indication of what is causing the error and reasonable options for fixing the problem.
Now the bad part.... Everything printed with a VERY distinct red cast. My first photo printed was a B&W (from a grayscale file - no color information!) on the included cannon paper. It came out bright magenta then settled into a muddy red cast as the print dried (~90 seconds). I thought it may have been the color temperature of the office lights (incandescent) so I took it outside in the sunlight and it did look better. I then printed the same photo on Kodak and HP glossy paper and had similar results. I compared it to the same photo printed on my old HP before it died - sure the cannon was contrastier and sharper but NO red cast on the HP! Comparing the two photos under all lighting conditions (incandescent, florescent, daylight) the cannon print had a wide range of color change - the HP print varied only slightly and what you would expect under different lighting conditions. I printed some larger color pictures on HP & Kodak glossy papers and they too had the red cast.
Bottom line - loved the printer - hated the prints it made. Returning it to Amazon and will look for another manufacturer. Sigh... doesn't ANYONE make a good mid range color printer anymore?
Most Recent Customer Reviews
After 3 years , not a glitch.
Only four star because it prints with a bit too much red.