|Item Weight||16.7 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||11.8 x 21.7 x 6.3 inches|
|Item model number||iX6520|
|Number of Items||1|
|Size||4 x 6 Inch|
|Manufacturer Part Number||iX6520|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Canon Pixma iX6520 Inkjet Printer (4895B002)
|Price:||$221.98 & FREE Shipping|
Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Compatible with Individual/Combo CLI-226 Ink Tanks (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black) & PGI-225 XL Pigment Black Ink Tanks. Only Replace The Ink That Runs Out!
- Print amazing 4" x 6" borderless photos in approximately 37 seconds
- The new Full HD Movie Print turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with your compatible Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot cameras
- Compact and stylish deisgn fits in any office setting. Supports various types of media from 4"x6" to 13"x19"
- Create posters and business documents easily with the new Solutions Templates on the exclusive website
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
For those who seek a single function printing solution up to 11" x 17," the PIXMA iX6520 Inkjet Business Printer will seamlessly become a member of your office team. With superior 9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi1, you can confidently and easily print marketing materials that are a combination of text and graphics, large accounting spreadsheets or legal contracts all with crisp text. The iX6520 is also great for graphic designers printing posters, concept art, sketches and storyboards all with superb color and graphic detail. You’ll also be able add to your business printing capabilities with free, exclusive downloadable templates including brochures, posters and ads.
Your photo printing options now also expand to Full HD video. Full HD Movie Print turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with compatible Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot cameras into beautiful photo prints.2 If you’re looking to customize your own web layouts, you'll enjoy Easy-WebPrint EX so you only print what you want, when you want off the web! And, the PIXMA iX6520's stylish, sleek exterior is sure to complement your work space.
Canon PIXMA iX6520 Inkjet Business Printer
Stylish 11" x 17" Business Printer with Exclusive Free Downloadable Templates.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
SPEED & QUALITY
Realize the power of 9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi1 firing with 1pl. This produces incredible quality and detail in both your business documents and photos.
High Performance Individual Ink System:
This 5-color ink system consists of four dye-based inks plus a pigment-based black ink, producing exceptional photos and crisp, laser-quality text. Only replace the color ink tank that runs out.
This system combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select genuine Canon photo papers and inks for beautiful borderless photos that will last up to 300 years when stored in an archival-quality photo album.3
EASE OF USE
Amazing Photo Printing Versatility:
Print stunning photo quality on various types of photo paper from 4" x 6" to 13" x 19."
Full HD Movie Print:
Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with compatible Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot cameras into beautiful prints.2
Clip, arrange and print web page contents so you can print what you want off the web, when you want.
Auto Photo Fix II:
This built-in technology automatically categorizes your images into one of five types - Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, and Snapshot with Night Scenery - then applies optimal image and multi-zone exposure correction. So, unexposed areas of the photo will be optimized, area by area and faces that are backlit and under-exposed will automatically be brightened with correct color cast to help ensure more accurate skin tones for gorgeous images.
Beautiful & Borderless:
Print photo lab quality, borderless4 photos up to 13" x 19."
USB 2.0 Hi-Speed:
Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES & BENEFITS
Fast Document Printing:
Print black and white, and color documents in the official print speed measure (images per minute) for one, four page Excel document, one, four page Word document and one, four page PDF document.7
- Windows® 7,Windows Vista®, Windows XP8
- Mac OS® X v10.4.11 to v10.6.x8
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- iX6520 Inkjet Printer
- Document Kit: Cross Sell Sheet, Getting Started, Important Information Sheet, Safety Environment Information, Setup Software & User's Guide CD-ROM, Warranty Card
- Ink Tanks: PGI-225 (Pigment Black), CLI-226 (Black/Cyan/Magenta/Yellow)
- Power Cord
- Print Head
|PIXMA iP3600 |
Inkjet Photo Printer
|PIXMA iP4820 |
Premium Inkjet Photo Printer
|PIXMA iX6520 |
Inkjet Business Printer
|Speed & Quality|
|ISO Print Speed (up to)7 / |
4" x 6" Borderless Photo4,5
|Print Resolution (up to)1 / |
Minimum Ink Droplet Size
|Ink Cartridges / Tanks|
|Ease of Use|
|Maximum Plain / |
Photo Paper Sizes
|8.5" x 14" / |
8.5" x 11"
|8.5" x 14" / |
8.5" x 11"
|11" x 17" / |
13" x 19"
|Exclusive Free Downloadable Templates |
to create posters and business documents
|Full HD Movie Print Software Included2||-|
|Auto Duplex Printing||-||-|
|Multiple Paper Paths||-|
|Direct Photo Printing||-|
GENUINE CANON INKS & PAPER
- Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/9600 inch at minimum.
- Full HD Movie Print allows printing from HD or Full HD "MOV" movie files created by Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot digital cameras. From PC, or Mac with Intel® processor. Print quality is determined by video resolution. Function does not upscale video resolution. Requires Canon ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later, or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later.
- Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions, and environmental factors. See www.usa.canon.com/chromalife100plus for additional details.
- Supported paper types for borderless printing are as follows: Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss, Photo Paper Glossy and Matte Photo Paper.
- Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed is measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage. See www.usa.canon.com/printspeed for additional information.
- Specifications are subject to change without notice. All output images are simulated.
- ISO/IEC 24734, 24735 define the default print and copy speed measurement methods. Print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734, excluding time to print the first set. Copy speed is the average of FCOT, ISO/IEC 24735 Annex D. ADF copy speed is the average of ESAT in General Performance Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24735, excluding time to copy the first set. See www.usa.canon.com/ipm for additional details.
- System requirements vary by application.
- Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.canon.com/support for details.
Top Customer Reviews
For comparison, we printed a 13"x18" art print on expensive matte stock. The art has many dark brown and pure black sections. The Epson does a very good job with the blacks, and like I say, we were always happy. However, the Canon correctly reproduces many more subtle shades of dark brown than the Epson, to the point where the Epson prints now appear muddy to us. The blacks are delicious as well and subtly different on the Canon. This probably due to the fact that the Canon uses two different Black cartridges simultaneously, one dye-based and one pigment-based. Whatever the reason, the blacks are pure and clear.
We generally print using the highest quality, lowest speed settings. The Epson is slow in this mode, taking over four minutes per print. The Canon is faster, taking under three minutes. This is very dependent on print driver settings, and note that the Canon and Epson drivers do not have identical settings for a perfect comparison, so your mileage may vary. We printed directly from Photoshop CS5 on a Mac.
Unfortunately, no third party companies make continuous print systems for the Canon, like they do for the Epson. Maybe they will soon.
Update: After another couple of months, an observation: The extra black ink cartridge on the Pixma makes a huge difference. It's a different kind of ink that is used for super black text and graphics. Didn't notice this at first, but now that we've got more samples to compare with other ink jets, the difference is real. Well done, Canon.
Would I buy it again? Absolutely NOT!!!!! This printer goes through ink like no other printer I have ever used.
I am not a small business, and my printing is limited to the occasional list/envelope/check/letter - all done in black ink. What I find very interesting is that my color cartridges have had to be replaced - although the color feature is turned off. (I haven't a clue as to where THAT ink has gone!!!)
When I have used the ink supply I have on hand, I will most likely purchase another printer - one that isn't so (ink) greedy.
Note: Unlike the HP printers I have owned, when this Pixma is out of ink - IT'S OUT..............never mind the fact that a page is half-way through the printing process. And this, in spite of the fact that the cartridges still "show" that they have ink left in them.
The MP510 did a good job, but the prints that I am getting now from the ix6520 are much better. I could not be more pleased. And now I even have the option of going as big as 13x19 for a few photos I'm especially proud of and would like to display in a prominent location in my home.
Set up of the printer is easy thanks to the documentation that comes with the printer. Both in writing and in drawings it takes you through the set up process step by step.
I suppose I hurried a bit because I ran into trouble near the end because I neglected to turn a page before running the set up disk. Early in the process I was instructed to turn on the printer, so when I came to run the set up disk I immediately started it, but had I turned the page before doing so I would have seen that if the printer was on it should be turned off before starting the disk. I finally figured out why I was not getting a proper installation and went back and repeated a few steps, but I thought I should mention it here in the hopes that I will prevent someone from making the same mistake I did.
The other thing that needs to be mentioned is that no USB cable comes with the printer. However, if you are replacing a printer, as I was, then just use the cable from the old printer. Otherwise you will need to obtain a cable before you can connect the printer to the computer.
Compatible ink with a chip is available,, which is important unless you have an unlimited budget.
Good software comes with the printer.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great service from TopHillsideStore on Amazon Marketplace, very fast shipping. The Canon Pixma iX6520 met all expectations. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Morris Gildemeister
Cannon makes trash. One of the worst product purchases I've ever made. Company executives should be arrested. Every Canon product I've ever had bricks in under 30 months. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Vintage Gear Lover
Although it uses LOTS of INK, I really love this big format color printer. I use it daily, and it cranks out reams of quality product.Published 3 months ago by jimofken
This is a good, fast printer. Print quality is beautiful for images. Crisp and clear for documents. It's cranks pages out quickly. Read morePublished 4 months ago by R. Klein
This has had a lot of use for scanning and also printing. Their ink is a little costly, but it lasts and the quality is good. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Waterbug
This is a very reliable printer, originally I experienced driver problems but I solved that by downloading updates. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Daniel Mulvihill
I bought this printer since my current computer didn't have a parallel port and thus couldn't use my old printer, and because I thought the wide paper format would be useful. Read morePublished 5 months ago by RS
I use this as my edible ink printer. It prints very well on icing paper and wafer paper with edible ink.Published 6 months ago by ShineTYC