Canon imageCLASS MF6160dw Black and White, Wireless All-in-One Laser Airprint Printer Copier Scanner Fax (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Connect to a wireless network and print from virtually anywhere in your home office
- Print documents, web pages, emails and photos from your iPad, iPhone, and iPad touch using Apple AirPrint
- Google Cloud Print Ready
- Boost productivity with blazing fast print speeds up to 35 ppm
- Send scanned documents and forward received faxes to a recipient through email or file server. Please refer the User Manual before use.
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Compare with similar items
Canon MF416dw Imageclass Wireless Monochrome Printer with Scanner, Copier & Fax
Canon Lasers Imageclass D1550 Wireless Monochrome Printer with Scanner, Copier & Fax
Canon Lasers Imageclass D1520 Monochrome Printer with Scanner & Copier
Canon Color imageCLASS MF733Cdw - All in One, Wireless, Duplex Laser Printer (Comes with 3 Year Limited Warranty)
Canon imageCLASS MF236n All in One, Mobile Ready Printer, Black
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Stop n' Shop||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Connectivity Technology||Wi-Fi||Wi-Fi; USB; Ethernet||Wi-Fi||Ethernet||Wi-Fi||Ethernet|
|Item Dimensions||18.6 x 15.4 x 17 in||18.6 x 15.4 x 17 in||18.6 x 17.7 x 18.3 in||18.6 x 17.7 x 18.3 in||18.5 x 18.5 x 18.1 in||14.7 x 15.4 x 14.2 in|
|Item Weight||40.3 lbs||42.3 lbs||58 lbs||60 lbs||58.3 lbs||25.4 lbs|
|Media Size Maximum||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch|
|Additional Features||AutoDocument Feeder||Good Quality||Wireless||Print at speeds of up to 35 pages per minute||https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/details/printers/color-laser/color-imageclass-mf733cdw||Three in One functionality allows you to print, scan, and copy with ease., Seamlessly navigate through all the features with the user-friendly 5-line, tilt able, black/white LCD panel.|
|Style Name||Printer||Canon imageCLASS Laser Printer||Canon imageCLASS Laser||Canon imageCLASS Laser||Wireless||Printer|
|Wireless Compatibility||802.11bgn||802.11bgn||802.11bgn, 2.4 GHz Radio Frequency||—||802.11bgn||—|
MF6160dw Black and White Laser Multifunction Printer
Boost productivity in your small to medium sized office with the Canon imageCLASS MF6160dw. The MF6160dw combines all of your print, copy, scan and fax needs into one compact device. This wireless1, black and white laser multifunction printer is ideal for mid-volume offices and is equipped with a variety of features to keep businesses running efficiently and effectively.
With blazing fast print and copy speeds of up to 35 pages per minute2, a front-loading 250-sheet cassette3 and Single Cartridge System that combines all components including toner, drum and finishing unit users will have more time to focus on their daily tasks. The MF6160dw is also equipped with an array of mobile capabilities for printing on the go and easy-to-use features. The MF6160dw also includes a wide range of security features, such as Secure Print and Department ID Management.
Supplies and Accessories
- Cartridge 119 - Yields approx. 2,100 pages based on ISO/IEC 19752 Standard (ITEM NUMBER: 3479B001AA)
- Cartridge 119II Yields approx. 6,400 pages based on ISO/IEC 19752 Standard (ITEM NUMBER: 3480B001AA)
- Cassette Feeding Unit-PF44 Expand your paper supply with an extra 500-sheet paper cassette (ITEM NUMBER: 343B001AA)
What's in the Box
- MF6160dw product
- Standard Cartridge 119
- Power Cord
- Phone Cable
- User Manual
- Starter Guide
- Warranty Card
- Canon Drivers
- Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 & up
- Linux (print only)
Speed & Quality
Lightning fast print speeds: Print and copy in black and white at blazing speeds of 35ppm2 with a quick first print time of 6 seconds or less.4
Single Cartridge System: Provides excellent print quality, and can help extend the life of the machine. The Single Cartridge System contains all the essential print elements that wear out with use. This easy-to-replace cartridge simplifies maintenance by combining the toner, drum, and other parts into one unit.
Genuine Cartridge:Canon Genuine supplies are designed by Canon engineers and manufactured in Canon facilities. They are developed utilizing precise specifications, so you can be confident that your Canon device will produce high-quality results, time and time again.
Ease of Use
Auto Duplex: Duplex Versatility allows two-sided printing, copying, scanning, and PC faxing produce two-sided output with ease, cutting your paper usage by as much as 50 percent.
Send: One-touch buttons allow you to easily scan and send your original documents directly to an email address or network folder. Sending can reduce paper usage, enhance electronic record-keeping and contribute to better document security.
Simple Solution Keys: Easily access the scan, eco-copy and secure print functions right from the control panel with the Simple Solution Keys.
Secure Print: The imageCLASS MF6180dw features Secure Print to help protect the privacy of your printed documents.
Scan to USB: Easily scan to, or print documents directly from, your USB flash drive.
ID Card Copy: Easily create copies of your identification cards or other small documents like passports to keep for your records on a one-sided document.
Smart Document Handling: Copy, scan, and fax without having to worry about feeding originals one at a time with the 50-sheet Duplex Automatic Document Feeder.
Robust Paper Supply: Enjoy easy paper handling with the 250-sheet cassette, 50-sheet DADF plus 50-sheet multipurpose tray, and an optional 500-sheet paper cassette pedestal means you spend less time re-filling paper.
Wireless Connectivity: Print from almost anywhere in your home or office.
AirPrint: Apple AirPrint allows you to print documents, e-mails, Web pages, and photos to your compatible imageCLASS devices from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Super G3 Fax: Allows you to send photos directly from your wireless PictBridge (DPS over IP) compatible camera to the printer without the use of a computer.
Google Cloud Print: Wherever you are, print from your smartphone or computer using Google Cloud Print enabled apps.
Built-in Ethernet: Easily connect to a network through a built-in Ethernet port, so everyone can easily share printing directly from their PC. With IP address filtering and MAC address filtering, you’ll prevent unwanted users from gaining access to your network and your confidential data.
- Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
- Print speed is based on internal testing. Print speed may vary depending on the number of copies selected, as well as on the settings for size, type and orientation of paper.
- Based on 20 lb. bond paper.
- May vary depending on the output environment.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Prints fast
2. Document Feeder doesn't skip pages
3. Wireless (Can print from I-phone, I-pad, PC etc.) - very convenient.
4. Excellent Customer Support
1. When using document feeder a vertical line would form on the copies. (Solved with the help of customer support - basically the document glass area was dirty and it would form a streak - just had to remove long plastic cover at the far left edge of glass and wiped it with Windex)
2. Printer did not want to accept envelopes - error message would show up. (Solved with the help of customer support - had to completely open the feeder tray, it has an additional plastic component that has to be taken out and select No. 10 C0M 10 which is the name for envelopes in the options provided in the printer's LCD display) Also, so that I wouldn't need to select envelopes on the keypad every time I printed envelopes what I did was to set envelopes as the default tray feature by going to the Key Pad and pressing the Select Paper / Settings button and selecting No. 10 COM 10 for the feeder tray.
This printer is used on a daily basis at my Law Office to print, copy, fax, scan etc. We have had it since February 2015 and so far it has worked flawlessly except for the two items mentioned above that were easily resolved with the help of customer support. 631-330-5000
Canon U.S.A., Inc.
One Canon Park
Melville, NY 11747
streaked copies, etc. that I read about when an independent's cartridge was used. So you have to make up your mind about this--is the expense worth it? For me it is, so I will probably stick with the Canon brand.
I am using the Laser Printer with a desktop MAC--so if you have the same configuration, you do not have to go through the many steps that are explained to set up the printer. When I plugged in the USB cord, my MAC asked if I wanted the related driver installed, and the rest was
taken care of in a few seconds. I did not set up the printer to be wireless--I also have a wireless Canon color printer and sometimes I have to reset the printer. So I don't want that headache with this B/W laser. All in all, it was very easy to set up & I'm no expert.
Also, I have used the scanner. First I went through the motions of finding directions on the Internet and the directions I found worked just fine. The next time, I just tried the Scan button and that was much easier. The page or pages scan directly to the computer after you use the LED screen to choose the B/W option then the destination. You have to select "Finish" and the machine scans your page to the computer. It will scan several pages in succession if you choose that option.
I have not used the FAX or DIRECT PRINT buttons yet so can't comment on those. Do know that this printer does not come with a large manual that explains every function. The manual has just the basic information to get you started--you can get the more detailed manual on the Internet and you can get other vital information from problem solving sites.
This printer is being used in a private home for business and personal use--so the use volume is not high. The copies are crisp and are produced quickly. All in all, a great purchase!
UPDATE: 6 Months with this machine and I'm still very happy with this purchase! What made me think to update my review? I just spent about 10 minutes with my old printer because I needed some color copies and it just re-affirmed how much better I like this Canon printer. Still fast and trouble free. Excellent printer!