Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Canopus ADVC-100 Advanced Digital Video Converter,..." and save 58% off the $299.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Canopus ADVC-100 Advanced Digital Video Converter, Analog / DV
- DV converter designed for NLE. Convert your S-VHS, Hi8 and 8mm analog tapes to DV in one simple step. The converted DV streams are transferred to your PC or Mac via IEEE1394 (i.Link, FireWire) and edited using your favorite photo/video application.
- Other converters can lose audio/video sync when converting longer segments of video. The ADVC-100 is the first affordable DV converter that supports locked audio when converting from analog to digital, assuring perfect audio and video synchronization
- The ADVC-100 features Canopus' award-winning DV codec technology, found in AVID's Xpress DV software and the full line of Canopus DV capture cards.
- Digital Video in/out: 6pin S200 (200Mbps), 4pin S200 (200Mbps)Analog Video in/out: NTSC (525/60), PAL (625/50) S-video, compositeAudio in/out: stereo unbalanced line levelSampling Frequency: 48kHz/16bit/2ch, 32kHz/12bit/4ch
- * Input line auto select* 720x480 analog output* YUV output* NTSC/PAL support* front, back analog in* 2 DV jacks* Color Bar output* 48kHz/16bit audio* 32kHz/12bit audio
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item Canopus ADVC-100 Advanced Digital Video Converter, Analog / DV
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||ClearClick||Cunina||Deekec International|
|Color||Black||—||90 Days||—||For Windows||—|
|Item Dimensions||4.72 x 5.75 x 1 in||2.32 x 6.3 x 7.52 in||1.1 x 2 x 3.4 in||1 x 4.5 x 3 in||—||—|
|Item Weight||—||—||2.4 ounces||4.16 ounces||1 lb||3.2 ounces|
CANOPUS ADVC-100 - This advanced A/D converter bridge the Analog / Digital gap in realtime. Easily convert S-Video and Composite Analog Video sources to DV - and back again! In addition to using Canopus' award-winning DV codec technology, the ADVC-100 supports locked audio, works with NTSC and PAL video, and is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS. Front and back analog video inputs Supports locked audio during A/D conversion, assuring perfect synchronization Color bar output function Package includes 4-pin to 6-pin FireWire cable, AC adapter & S-Video / Composite Video cable Size - 1.07H x 5.74W x 4.72D Three year limited warranty
From the Manufacturer
Convert your S-VHS, Hi8 and 8mm analog tapes to DV in one simple step using the ADVC-100. The converted DV streams are transferred to your PC or Mac via IEEE 1394 (i.Link, FireWire) and stored on your hard drive where they can be manipulated using your favorite photo or video editing applications. This device is ideal for all OHCI and DV-only capture cards for Macintosh or PC. Proven DV CODEC Technology At the heart of ADVC100 is Canopus's proprietary DV codec chip providing the industry's best picture quality preservation during analog-to-DV and DV-to-analog conversion. Locked Audio Support Other converters can lose audio/video sync when converting longer segments of video. The ADVC-100 is the first inexpensive DV converter that supports locked audio when converting from analog to digital, assuring perfect audio and video synchronization. Key Benefits
- High Quality
- Custom hardware Codec chip
- Locked Audio Support
- Analog output of NTSC color bars for reference signal
- 4-pin DV jack on front; 6-pin FireWire jack on back
- Analog input connector on front
- Analog output connector on back
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Granted, having an external device may not be as convenient as a VIVO internal card, but compared to other external capture boxes the ADVC-100 is tiny and unobtrusive. Better yet, it's IEEE Firewire compliant as opposed to the 1.0 and 2.0 USB connections that for the most part fall short with frame droppings and miss-synced audio during capture.
If you're looking for a straight forward plug and play unit this is it. Just make sure that you have a capture card with Firewire input capabilities such as the Sound Blaster Audigy series before purchasing this product.
I definitely recomend this to ayone looking to put old vhs movies onto DVD's for safe storage.
Most recent customer reviews
I have a half of gazillion video tapes around here in various formats from VHS, 8, Hi-8, Digital-8,...Read more