Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 157 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 176 reviews
on June 19, 2017
I've purchased a few of these plans over the years for different items but never needed to file a claim until recently. Concerning the plans themselves it was suggested to read the actual plan info in full after you purchase it. I was told you have 30 days to cancel and get your money back if you aren't happy with the terms. In the terms it states that they can replace your item with a new or refurbished item which can be the same or comparable which isn't really defined. What it doesn't say is that when you are sent a refurbished item it is covered for defect only for 30 days and after that you are on your own even if you have 18 months+ left on your protection plan. There are things in the contract that mention a lemon policy and talk about repeated repairs none of which apply if you are sent someone else's refurbished item. Repairs and or replacements are at the sole discretion of someone else. (3 agents stated it was a contracted third party but a supervisor said this was untrue and it was their depot) Either way there is limited communication and accountability between the two.
We had to file a claim on a tablet that was purcahsed for my daughter for Christmas 2016 with the black friday multi device plan. Within 4 months it was having major problems. We contacted the company and were told to send the item in. They stated a repair or replacement would arrive in 7-10 days. We were also told if the item was not repairable we would be contacted regarding what it was replaced with. 6 days in we hadn't heard anything and called to see if it was able to be repaired. This is where all the trouble started. For the next week and a half we talked to several agents. To be fair there were a couple who really did try and were sympathetic but all they could do was apologize and say they wished they knew where to go or who to ask to get answers. One said even asking a supervisor only got conflicting answers. Other agents were blatantly disinterested, rude, and just justified doing nothing and why it wasn't their problem. Agents on the phone suggested I message the chat desk on the website.. who then suggested I call in to the call center. I was literally told at a point to try hanging up and calling back to try to get someone who would have a better answer. It was around and around in circles with each new person giving different conflicting answers if any. We did finally get a refurbished tablet of the same model. It was having similar problems to the first when it arrived. When I called back again their answer was to start the whole process over again from the beginning. We had already been told that they are unable to order the parts to repair this particular type of tablet so I was insisted on talking to a supervisor. I had asked before but never actually managed to get to one. They would insist that they couldn't do anything different, or say they weren't available, or agree to get one leave me on hold and then come back to tell me what they supposedly said. One left me on hold for a total of 9 minutes then hung up on me. I did finally manage to get to a supervisor. She was helpful and after I had explained the whole ordeal again she was willing to issue a gift card for the amount of the original purchase which we were able to use to purchase a different new tablet which would then be able to be covered for the remainder of the plan. Glad we were finally able to get it resolved but at this point I'm preying we never have to file a claim with this company again. I've had plans through walmart and bestbuy in the past and would recommend them over this any day.
on July 29, 2012
I purchased a 2 year accidental plan along with an MP3 player just under 2 years ago. My reason was the "drops and spills" coverage. In the past my spouse has dropped her camera onto bricks (luckily OK) and also into her glass of ice water while traveling in our car and trying to take a scenic shot (unlucky). I figured the mp3 player would probably suffer the same fate during auto use so the plan seemed reasonable.

Turned out the mp3 player developed an electrical short after 18 months or so. Amazon took my info, explained the process in detail, sent me a prepaid UPS mailer label and sent me a refund after it received the defective mp3 player. No muss, no fuss, no hassles.

This review is from someone who normally does not purchase "protection plans."
on September 28, 2016
I originally purchased this protection plan from Canopy. My experience with Canopy had been that of impeccable customer service, and a willingness to go the extra mile. When the device that I purchased the protection plan for failed today, I looked up the phone number I had in the original email from Canopy and was dismayed when I learned that they are now part of Asurion. Without asking any questions, the representative determined that the device was not covered under their plan. She informed me that I could contact the manufacturer and try to send the device back to the manufacturer, but Asurion was not responsible. I asked to speak to her supervisor. The supervisor informed me that she had read the notes and that based on the conversation (no questions were asked about what happened), they would not cover the device under the protection plan. Going forward I will be purchasing all of my devices directly from Best Buy and purchasing the protection plans for those devices from Geek Squad (as I did with my phones - specifically so I would not have to deal with Asurion).
on May 11, 2016
We have a sandisk mp3 player that we purchased the canopy protection plan for. The mp3 player recently failed (child dropped it), when we called asurion / canopy, waited nearly 15mins to speak with someone who eventually insisted that we call the manufacturer for support as the product was less than one year old.
While this was not in line with my expectations, I called the number that they provided. The manufacturers automated phone system does not provide support for this product instead they request that you navigate their website and submit a support request online.
This is a whole lot of run around for support on a $30 product. We purchased the additional warranty with the expectation that in the unlikely event that something went wrong with the product obtaining a replacement would be quick and easy. This appears not to be the case.

We will not be purchasing another warranty from Conopy.
on March 29, 2017
I do not buy protection plans and if it turns out I actually paid for this I am not happy. Perhaps I was in a hurry or careless but seeing this on the review page came as a total surprise.
on February 20, 2014
Beware: This does not cover you in cases of when the manufacturer still provides some kind of repair coverage (often the case). The hassle and charges for using the manufacturer's service and shipping costs make the "protection" worthless. Who wants to spend hours of their time and unknown service and shipping costs for replacement/reimbursement of a $50-$75 mp3 player?

I purchased this plan because it was supposed to be easy, but I realized that was not going to be that case when they gave me the phone number for the manufacturer. After 5 min on hold and a warning about possible service charges(not to mention the shipping charges), I hung up.
on August 12, 2016
I purchased this to protect my Sandisk 8GB MP3 player. When my MP3 player broke, I tried contacting Asurion and have been unable to get a reply. This was a waste of money
on February 21, 2014
Bought a iPod touch. Because I carry the klutz gene, sprang for the Canopy protection plan. Within two months of purchase, I put the iPod through the washer. Went to Canopy's web site, submitted a claim. Within minutes, got a claim number and prepaid return shipping label. Took the package to the UPS store. Two days later, received an Amazon e-gift card for the cost of the iPod.

Bought another iPod, and another Canopy protection plan. Because the klutz gene, while treatable, cannot be cured.

It was the easiest, no-hassle, drama-free extended warranty experience I've ever had. Totally worth every penny.
on July 24, 2015
this was awesome, so worth it! got a brand new SanDisk mpi player for mountain biking, it worked great, took it on a family trip without warning it stop, I went online to canopy warranty, very easy to fine, it said I still had a factory warranty from SanDisk, I call then.... long story short that sucked and would not cover it, I then call canopy, spoke to a wonderful young lady who was very willing and ABLEBLE to help, emailed me a edfex return tag and refunded my money on a amazon gift card, whatever I get to replace it, I will get the canopy warranty
on March 28, 2014
I bought my boys MP3 players for Christmas this year. I decided to go ahead and pick up a warranty because it was so inexpensive and with four little boys, things are bound to break. Sure enough, my son's little sansa clip got stepped on and ruined a few weeks ago. We called canopy, got our return shipping label and had our refund, within two days. They refund your money as soon as the product is electronically scanned into the system at UPS.
This is a great little replacement plan for a great price. I highly recommend it, especially if you're buying electronics for young ones.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.