Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Asurion 2-Year MP3 Accidental Protection Plan ($0-$50)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Service plan term: 2 Years|Service plan covered value: $ 0-$50|Change

on July 29, 2012
I purchased a 2 year accidental plan along with an MP3 player just under 2 years ago. My reason was the "drops and spills" coverage. In the past my spouse has dropped her camera onto bricks (luckily OK) and also into her glass of ice water while traveling in our car and trying to take a scenic shot (unlucky). I figured the mp3 player would probably suffer the same fate during auto use so the plan seemed reasonable.

Turned out the mp3 player developed an electrical short after 18 months or so. Amazon took my info, explained the process in detail, sent me a prepaid UPS mailer label and sent me a refund after it received the defective mp3 player. No muss, no fuss, no hassles.

This review is from someone who normally does not purchase "protection plans."
on June 2, 2011
Like I said in the title, after I broke my ipod last week the ease of getting my refund was almost too good to be true. I thought it was a prank. AND they gave me the option of getting my refund via check or giftcard. The check takes a couple weeks however. But the giftcard took less than 48 hrs. They just have to wait for UPS to scan your package first. But honestly I officially will NEVER buy another product without getting this protection plan. Please do yourself the courtesy. You have no clue what will happen to your purchase within the next 2 years.

And too Oops Protection Plan ... my only criticism is that you need to expand to larger coverages! I have to settle with Squaretrade instead of you because I couldn't find a protection plan big enough to cover my laptop that I just bought!
on September 23, 2010
I purchased the N.E.W replacement plan when I purchased a new MP3 player for my daughter. The Mp3 worked well for 1 1/2 yrs. Recently it began "freezing" on her and not working well. I called the 800 number that came with the plan, I had my invoice from amazon for the purchase, and I told them what was wrong with the Mp3. After verifying the product, purchase info, and personal info...name and address, etc., I was instructed on how to return the product, was emailed a label, and received a full credit for the original purchase price of the mp3. Now I can replace my daughters mp3 with a brand new one! The process was easy and convenient. I am very happy with this replacement policy....and am ordering a new mp3 and again purchasing the replacement plan. It is completely worth it!
on July 29, 2013
this plan works well if you drop your item but as soon as you make a claim you are dropped from insurance . I was not told of this or read anywhere on these pages. if I was buying again it would not be this one! They need to show this up front but don't! new iPod will be bought thru amazon but will not carry canopy insurance will purchase the other!
on February 22, 2013
Trying to choose the best coverage for an Ipod led to some research. What I found out is shocking. Under "Canopy" coverage, if you need to use your coverage and replace an item, the coverage/policy ends when they pay out. They will not pay out more than your purchase price. IF you get "Square Trade" your policy covers not only your original item, but also its replacement until your 2 or 3 years are finished!!!!! If you go through one or more items in that time frame, "Square Trade" will pay for the replacements. In Short - "Canopy" requires that you buy a new policy to cover your replacement, where Square Trade does not.

With this information, I don't see how anyone wouldn't go with "Square Trade"!!!!!
Denille
77 comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2013
I filed a claim on my I Pod touch which had a cracked screen. Canopy responded very quickly and to my satisfaction. I received a refund via gift card on Amazon within a couple of days. I highly recommend a Canopy Protection Plan on all purchases.
on February 21, 2014
Bought a iPod touch. Because I carry the klutz gene, sprang for the Canopy protection plan. Within two months of purchase, I put the iPod through the washer. Went to Canopy's web site, submitted a claim. Within minutes, got a claim number and prepaid return shipping label. Took the package to the UPS store. Two days later, received an Amazon e-gift card for the cost of the iPod.

Bought another iPod, and another Canopy protection plan. Because the klutz gene, while treatable, cannot be cured.

It was the easiest, no-hassle, drama-free extended warranty experience I've ever had. Totally worth every penny.
on October 2, 2012
I have had the opportunity to make at least five claims with N.E.W. over the past two years (kids are tough on electronics!). Each time, the claims process was handled expeditiously and expertly by the friendliest customer service agents I have ever encountered. The process is painfree and quick - I have even returned and had replaced an item within 24 hours!! If you're on the fence about this since you've been burned on other so-called replacement plans - hop off and buy this. It's the real deal and will make your life easier!
on January 5, 2016
2nd time, because I rarely buy extended warranties, and 2nd time I had to call to receive the warranty info. BOTH times I never received the warranty via e-mail as I was supposed to after ordering. But, I did have to contact Canopy for warranty work fo a printer, recently, my only other extended warranty product, and Canopy was very good. Just not good at delivering the warranty upon purchase.
on November 11, 2015
5* for having this option to protect my purchase. I haven't had to use it because the waterproof MP3 player that I bought it for has it malfunctioned at all. It's super tiny and light so I don't think I'll even need it.