Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 28, 2013
How can one be expected to have confidence to purchase this coverage when the webpage advertising it is so poorly done? Although it says on the page: "Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for full program details," there is no functional link to the "terms and conditions".

Why would anyone purchase something that's so inadequately documented? The 'Canopy' has some major leaks in it!
55 comments| 166 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 21, 2017
I listen to music all the time, and decided to just buy a nice pair of quality headphones since I would go through too many sets of earbuds throughout the year. After a long time of comparing, I finally chose the headphones that I liked the most! They were fantastic and I fell in love with them and figured I would keep them for a long time, especially with the insurance plan. When I bought them they were on sale for $85(from about $120), and I had them for a little over a year before one of the speakers stopped working. So I got in contact with the insurance company to submit a claim and they said they could just give me credit on a giftcard, which they did. After sending off my headphones, I went back to search for the headphones I had previously purchased, just to find that they are now $250....which was pretty disheartening to see since I just got $90 credit from the same pair. But that's not even what is most upsetting. I have been keeping my eye on many headphones since to try(again) at finding the best ones in my budget, and I noticed that about a week or two after having sent in my pair, that amazon had just added a used pair of the same type/color (they previously had none) for $120.
All-in-all, kind of a downer experience, but I learned to let these be the last people you get in contact with for help. 3 stars for ease of making a claim and speedy compensation. Just kind of half-assed in my opinion.
on June 17, 2016
Canopy 2-Year Home Audio & Video Protection Plan ($0-$50)

DON'T TRUST THIS "CANOPY PROTECTION PLAN" 0 STARS IF I COULD HAVE(MORE THAN "I HATE IT')

*** FIRST OFF, YES I'M A CONFUSED CUSTOMER NOT KNOWING WHY IT SHOULD EVEN BE OFFERED, BUT READ OTHER REVIEWS AND MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION YOURSELF ALSO. ***

THIS IS VERBATIM FROM THE "ASURION/SMILE?/CANOPY" PAGE ON FAQ's:

Canopy covers millions of exciting products. That is important, because when choosing a product protection plan that fits your needs, it is reassuring to know you are in good company.

Under Frequently Asked Questions,

1) I purchased a Canopy Protection Plan and have not received it in the mail. What should I do?

Answer:
Check your email for Canopy Protection Plan information. Your Canopy Protection Plan documents will arrive after your purchase, VIA EMAIL ONLY*, so you will always have a permanent record in your email folder. You will have the information you need to get your product repaired or replaced in one streamlined step. We suggest printing one copy to be filed away for safe keeping. If you do not receive your Canopy documents within 48 hours of purchase, just call (866) 551-5924, anytime, day or night. *The email account associated with your Amazon.com account.

2) What are the benefits of a Canopy Protection Plan?*

Answer: Many new products come with an original manufacturer warranty that covers product failure from defects in materials and workmanship. But those warranties only protect your product for a set period of time. After that, if your product fails, you are on your own.

Canopy Protection Plans frequently cover more types of failures than your original manufacturer warranty, such as defects in materials and workmanship, including those due to normal wear & tear, accidental damage from handling, and failures from power surges.
Plans are available to protect your Amazon product for periods up to five years from the date of purchase.

Additional Canopy Protection benefits*:

- Coverage against mechanical and electrical failure
- Coverage against failures due to heat, dust, and internal humidity
- 100% coverage of parts and labor costs for covered repairs
- 2-way express shipping
- No hassles, No deductibles, and no hidden fees
- 24/7/365 toll-free customer service line

* "OH SORRY WE DON'T COVER THE AUDIO/VIDEO ITEM YOU PURCHASED" *

I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO EVEN FIGURE OUT WHAT ITEM(S) ARE COVERED OR ANYTHING

"no hassles" Yeah right.
on August 29, 2016
If I could give this 0 stars I would.
First off. Their registration website is literally coded so that you cannot register. The required field of First and Last name are disabled, and nothing can be typed in them. Even if you go around that, you will just hit one wall after another wall until you eventually land on a universal error/system having problems page.

Once I gave up on that and gave them a call, they told me that: A, my warranty did not cover the problem (Product no longer powered on after 6 months) snd B, thankfully, that I was still under warranty with original manufacturer. Their representative was, unsurprisingly, outsourced. Though the one I spoke to was alright. The overall service of being literally unable to file a claim without calling is complete crap.

Even though I'm covered through manufacturer, they told me that despite the product plan saying it covers: "Power Surges, Mechanical or electrical breakdowns- even from nomal wear and tear, Internal heat, dust and humidity, and Defects in materials and workmanship"
They told me that my broken product would not be under warranty for no longer powering on, because it covers power surges, and not the problem I'm having.
on August 29, 2017
Soooo. I've had the insurance for over a year to cover some refurbished Beats. Within the 1st year, the Beats malfunctioned and they broke. I called Asurion who told me to contact Apple because it was still under the manufacturer's warranty. Apple was great because they replaced the Beats with another pair every time they broke. So a year later, out of the manufacturer's warranty, the Beats broke again for the 4th time and I called Asurion to file a claim. Instead of giving me a new pair of Beats, they want to give me a gift card instead. I don't want a gift card, I want a new pair of Beats. Highly disappointed because most insurances replace the device. And they want the old Beats back so they can refurbish those and sell it to the next sucker. Smh!
on June 4, 2016
Very misleading. Product is already covered for 1 year under manufacturer's warranty, this just gives a 2nd year. I had an issue with my product and they refused to help unless I had contacted the manufacturer first. So what did I buy this for? As far as I am concerned this is a scam.
on July 28, 2016
This additional coverage plan was terrible. I ordered a bluetooth speaker through Amazon--the product's battery didn't hold any charge, so I contacted the protection plan. They sent me an email saying they were working on the claim and it would respond in 2 business days--2 weeks ago. After spending an hour on their website trying to track down information about my claim, I finally stumbled across a page that told me, "for technical issues, please contact the product manufacturer"--Seems counter-intuitive since I purchased a warranty through Asurion.

I then contacted Amazon and did the refund through them instead. The Asurion coverage was completely worthless for me, save your money and use Amazon's refund policy because they will actually fix the issue. I opted to return the speaker for a refund from Amazon and purchased a new one--took 1 day and I had a working product at my door.
on April 7, 2014
Very inconsistent with the way they make their claims. Would not recommend due to this. Needs to be more transparent.
11 comment| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 25, 2014
I had an issue with an item, it broke. I so i went online and filed the claim and instantly got 3 emails. One containing the shipping label one that said my claim was in process to be approved and one that said it was approved and to ship the item and i would get my gift card by email in 4-6 hrs

Here is a copy of that email:

Dear ,

Your service request number is (omitted). You will receive a prepaid UPS mailing label and shipping instructions either through the email address that we have on account or first class mail.

Upon receiving the mailing label, please package your product and any accessories that came with it at the time of purchase. Then, take it to a UPS store or UPS drop box.

Your Amazon.com Gift Card will be activated and funded within 4-6 hours from the time your product is dropped off and scanned at a UPS location. You can use this Amazon.com Gift Card on Amazon.com to purchase a replacement product.

Sincerely,
Canopy Protection Plan

I mailed it yesterday from a UPS store. The tracking number even shows that it is on its way. I never got the gift card in the promissed time. I called and was told that it could take up to 10 business days. Then the csr saw it was an e-gift card and said it will take 3 days.

None of the emails i received stated this and I even think the listing on here states something different too.

So this company is misleading and will give you miss information every step of the way.

DO NOT BUY THIS PLAN! GET A SQUARE TRADE PLAN IF YOU CAN!!!

*****UPDATE*****

THIS IS THE NEXT EMAIL I GOT WITH EVEN LONGER WAIT TIME AND MORE MISINFORMATION

Hi ,
Good news! We've received all the information we need to process a reimbursement for your claim.

Getting you back to normal.
Your E-GIFTCARD will be Emailed to you usually within 7-10 business days. The E-GIFTCARD may be used to purchase a replacement product. It's that easy.

If you have any questions, visit our online Customer Care Center. Even though receiving a reimbursement fully delivers on the promise of your plan, we're here to help with any new products you choose to protect in the future.

LOOKS LIKE I HAVE TO WAIT EVEN LONGER. READ THE OTHER REVIEWS ABOUT LONG WAIT TIMES. IF YOU CALL EXPECT TO HEAR NO A LOT
77 comments| 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 16, 2017
I bought this plan to back up my Powerbeats Wireless 2 headphones. After 1.5 years or so, the headphones simply stopped working. They didn't turn on and wouldn't charge. I called the number for Asurion and before my short 10 minute call was over with customer service, my claim was approved and I had a pre-paid shipping label in my email inbox. The customer service agent who I spoke with was very courteous and kind. She explained the process in terms I could easily follow, and my claim was approved in full for the original amount of the headphones. Cannot recommend this coverage enough. If I didn't have the $20 coverage, I would have to shell out the original amount for a replacement. The re-reimbursement came in the form of an Amazon gift card. Again, cannot recommend Asurion's services enough.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.