Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,113 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,180 reviews
on March 25, 2014
I had an issue with an item, it broke. I so i went online and filed the claim and instantly got 3 emails. One containing the shipping label one that said my claim was in process to be approved and one that said it was approved and to ship the item and i would get my gift card by email in 4-6 hrs

Here is a copy of that email:

Dear ,

Your service request number is (omitted). You will receive a prepaid UPS mailing label and shipping instructions either through the email address that we have on account or first class mail.

Upon receiving the mailing label, please package your product and any accessories that came with it at the time of purchase. Then, take it to a UPS store or UPS drop box.

Your Amazon.com Gift Card will be activated and funded within 4-6 hours from the time your product is dropped off and scanned at a UPS location. You can use this Amazon.com Gift Card on Amazon.com to purchase a replacement product.

Sincerely,
Canopy Protection Plan

I mailed it yesterday from a UPS store. The tracking number even shows that it is on its way. I never got the gift card in the promissed time. I called and was told that it could take up to 10 business days. Then the csr saw it was an e-gift card and said it will take 3 days.

None of the emails i received stated this and I even think the listing on here states something different too.

So this company is misleading and will give you miss information every step of the way.

DO NOT BUY THIS PLAN! GET A SQUARE TRADE PLAN IF YOU CAN!!!

*****UPDATE*****

THIS IS THE NEXT EMAIL I GOT WITH EVEN LONGER WAIT TIME AND MORE MISINFORMATION

Hi ,
Good news! We've received all the information we need to process a reimbursement for your claim.

Getting you back to normal.
Your E-GIFTCARD will be Emailed to you usually within 7-10 business days. The E-GIFTCARD may be used to purchase a replacement product. It's that easy.

If you have any questions, visit our online Customer Care Center. Even though receiving a reimbursement fully delivers on the promise of your plan, we're here to help with any new products you choose to protect in the future.

LOOKS LIKE I HAVE TO WAIT EVEN LONGER. READ THE OTHER REVIEWS ABOUT LONG WAIT TIMES. IF YOU CALL EXPECT TO HEAR NO A LOT
77 comments| 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 10, 2014
When I ordered the Sony DVD with this 2-year protection, the plan never was received; and with the tracking options available, this product 'cannot be tracked.' I have written them twice, and both times did receive via email notice that 1, they had shipped it already, and 2 they would send another. When nothing came the first time, I called and requested the plan come in the mail, as well as a second email request to receive the plan by mail. 5 days have passed and no email or snail mail. They blamed the email on my spam filters, but I ask - if I receive the 'customer service' emails explaining the plan was sent, why wouldn't I receive the paperwork email??? I have had a string of bad luck at Amazon, ordering from 'third party' vendors...Amazon is so usually prompt and can usually get good quality. This order plus another from a vendor in China (which I did not know and affected the receipt of shipment that was critical to me), have been a nightmare. With this kind of luck, I don't want to cancel the protection plan, because that would surely ensure the DVD player for which it was purposed would immediately stop working!! Beware of the "Canopy" protection -- it seems it costs more in time to find out where it is than it would to buy a new DVD player!!
on April 3, 2015
This is the worst company ever, please look at all the negative reviews (the positive reviews are written from Canopy employees and those alike as there is no way that they have any good reviews). I had to end up filing a claim for my headphones (which was only $50 by the way) and this company gave me the run around. Firstly, I wasn't able to register my product or submit a claim online (I see others also had this problem), when I called them they lied and said it should still have the manufacturers warranty (they were refurbished with no warranty from the manufacturers, that's why I purchased one..Duh), then they promised to get with their manager and call me back (never received a call), then when I call them back after 3 days they claim that they have to do more research (just giving me the run around), almost 1 month later and still they haven't called me back, I called them again only for them to say their still looking into it (any reason for them not to replace or refund the money for the headphones). I've dealt with Square Trade several times before and I get my issue fixed in one phone call and always get a refund or replacement, I wish I would've stuck with Square Trade for this purchase, I've learned my lesson, only use Square Trade to protect your items and you will have a great experience every time. CANOPY is the worst company to use, everyone needs to get together and start a lawsuit against them for not owning up to the warranties their selling people and falsifying their plans. I really hate when a company doesn't follow through on something that I've spent my money on, they need to be shut down. PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM THEM, USE ONLY SQUARE TRADE WHICH IS RELIABLE AND ALWAYS COMES THROUGH TO SATISFY THEIR CUSTOMERS. STAY AWAY FROM CANOPY!
on December 9, 2014
I had to use my Canopy Protection for my Roku 2, it worked wonderfully.

It will provide you with your purchase price (+ tax) for the item it covers. The customer service agents for Canopy were very polite, and very helpful. You need only tell them what is wrong, and a few minor details about the original order and issues your item is having.

Once it has been processed (usually within a few hours to a couple days in my experience) you will be sent an e-mail with a coupon code you can enter on Amazon which will be for the amount you originally paid (+ Tax) So you have no need to wait in the mail for a check, or wait for the company to physically replace your unit.

You will send back your defective item, and I believe they provide you with a label to do so.

**When I purchased my Roku it was on sale, so when it broke my Canopy was not enough to cover replacing one. Amazon Customer Service was willing and able to make adjustments to my account/cart so that it would be price matched to the price i paid so my canopy protection would cover it**
on December 12, 2013
How can I give anything a good rating if you cant get an answer as to how it works?I purchased this for 3 items 2 weeks ago and went to website like I was directed and couldn't get the items registered????? The "photo" they show for my items is incorrect and it won't let me change it so I emailed and to date have had no response. If you can't handle a website, how can you be trusted to handle a warranty plan? Can't imagine what it is like to file a claim!!! Sure its cheap, but it's still a waste of money and time.
11 comment| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2014
it was really hard to apply it to my purchases and not very good links. the interface provided needs some work.
on December 14, 2015
Not worth it.I bought this to cover some expensive headphones. I have a track record of my headphones breaking soon after I buy them. I use them all the time in most every day situations. After reading through what is not covered I realize that I spent $10 on insurance that does cover every day use/ wear and tear and/or any action that may stop them from working including acts of god.

The following is a portion of the plan: ""

WHAT IS NOT COVERED: (1) INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING
BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DELAY IN RENDERING SERVICE UNDER THIS PLAN
OR FOR LOSS OF USE DURING THE PERIOD THAT THE PRODUCT IS AT A REPAIR
CENTER OR OTHERWISE AWAITING PARTS; (2) ANY AND ALL PREEXISTING CONDITIONS
THAT OCCUR PRIOR TO THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THIS PLAN; (3) DAMAGE
FROM ACCIDENT, ABUSE, MISUSE, INTRODUCTION OF FOREIGN OBJECTS INTO
THE PRODUCT, UNAUTHORIZED PRODUCT MODIFICATIONS OR ALTERATIONS; (4)
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE MANUFACTURER’S INSTRUCTIONS; (5) THIRD-PARTY ACTIONS
(FIRE, COLLISION, VANDALISM, THEFT, ETC.); (6) THE ELEMENTS OR ACTS
OF GOD; (7) WAR, INVASION OR ACT OF FOREIGN ENEMY, HOSTILITIES, CIVIL WAR,
REBELLION, RIOT, STRIKE, LABOR DISTURBANCE, LOCKOUT OR CIVIL COMMOTION;
(8) ACCESSORIES AND SUPPLIES, INCLUDING: BATTERIES (EXCEPT ORIGINAL
BATTERY REPLACMENT FOR CAMMERAS AND CAMCORDERS), ANTENNAS, CARTRIDGES,
STYLUSES, RECORDS, AUDIO/VIDEO DISKS, TAPES, COMPUTER SOFTWARE
OR DISKS, PRINT ELEMENTS, EXTERNAL POWER SUPPLIES, BULBS, SPARK
PLUGS OR FILTERS; (9) DAMAGE WHICH IS NOT REPORTED WITHIN THIRTY (30)
DAYS AFTER EXPIRATION OF THIS PLAN;

""
on April 14, 2016
These guys are full of crap. I called to claim my warrantee on in-ear earphones that failed, but they refused to honor it, instead telling me to first do the groundwork of going through the manufacturer, getting a case number, phone number, and contact information, and then they'd replace them. I asked them to show me where those disclaimers were on the page, and I'm still on hold 10 minutes later. This isn't like an AppleCare warrantee, this is garbage. I'd be probably better off using my credit card insurance.

Furthermore, if you dig through the actual 5-star reviews, they're alarmingly short. It appears that they are gaming the Amazon review system, as they have an abysmal rating everywhere else. (Asurion is the parent company): [...]
on March 21, 2017
I listen to music all the time, and decided to just buy a nice pair of quality headphones since I would go through too many sets of earbuds throughout the year. After a long time of comparing, I finally chose the headphones that I liked the most! They were fantastic and I fell in love with them and figured I would keep them for a long time, especially with the insurance plan. When I bought them they were on sale for $85(from about $120), and I had them for a little over a year before one of the speakers stopped working. So I got in contact with the insurance company to submit a claim and they said they could just give me credit on a giftcard, which they did. After sending off my headphones, I went back to search for the headphones I had previously purchased, just to find that they are now $250....which was pretty disheartening to see since I just got $90 credit from the same pair. But that's not even what is most upsetting. I have been keeping my eye on many headphones since to try(again) at finding the best ones in my budget, and I noticed that about a week or two after having sent in my pair, that amazon had just added a used pair of the same type/color (they previously had none) for $120.
All-in-all, kind of a downer experience, but I learned to let these be the last people you get in contact with for help. 3 stars for ease of making a claim and speedy compensation. Just kind of half-assed in my opinion.
on June 17, 2016
Canopy 2-Year Home Audio & Video Protection Plan ($0-$50)

DON'T TRUST THIS "CANOPY PROTECTION PLAN" 0 STARS IF I COULD HAVE(MORE THAN "I HATE IT')

*** FIRST OFF, YES I'M A CONFUSED CUSTOMER NOT KNOWING WHY IT SHOULD EVEN BE OFFERED, BUT READ OTHER REVIEWS AND MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION YOURSELF ALSO. ***

THIS IS VERBATIM FROM THE "ASURION/SMILE?/CANOPY" PAGE ON FAQ's:

Canopy covers millions of exciting products. That is important, because when choosing a product protection plan that fits your needs, it is reassuring to know you are in good company.

Under Frequently Asked Questions,

1) I purchased a Canopy Protection Plan and have not received it in the mail. What should I do?

Answer:
Check your email for Canopy Protection Plan information. Your Canopy Protection Plan documents will arrive after your purchase, VIA EMAIL ONLY*, so you will always have a permanent record in your email folder. You will have the information you need to get your product repaired or replaced in one streamlined step. We suggest printing one copy to be filed away for safe keeping. If you do not receive your Canopy documents within 48 hours of purchase, just call (866) 551-5924, anytime, day or night. *The email account associated with your Amazon.com account.

2) What are the benefits of a Canopy Protection Plan?*

Answer: Many new products come with an original manufacturer warranty that covers product failure from defects in materials and workmanship. But those warranties only protect your product for a set period of time. After that, if your product fails, you are on your own.

Canopy Protection Plans frequently cover more types of failures than your original manufacturer warranty, such as defects in materials and workmanship, including those due to normal wear & tear, accidental damage from handling, and failures from power surges.
Plans are available to protect your Amazon product for periods up to five years from the date of purchase.

Additional Canopy Protection benefits*:

- Coverage against mechanical and electrical failure
- Coverage against failures due to heat, dust, and internal humidity
- 100% coverage of parts and labor costs for covered repairs