Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 483 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 521 reviews
on November 24, 2015
Obtained this for my GoPro clone camera as an added investment, and it sure came in handy. Six months out, my camera went sideways, and after conversing with Amazon, they gave the phone number to reach Canopy. Francis at Canopy came through with flying colors and much enthusiasm, and after a brief conversation, offered full reimbursement of my camera, and also emailed a prepaid shipping label to cover the cost of shipping back my old camera. Their service amounts to an Amazon product that exceeds my expectations. If you have done your homework and have discovered some longevity issues with a product based on reviews, this Canopy coverage should assail any doubts by making the refund infinitely more simple. I highly recommend Canopy's protection plan. To those who have this coverage and need to invoke it, please call them by obtaining the phone number from Amazon (as opposed to emailing Canopy).
on May 6, 2014
I did drop my camera and they have said they can send me a gift card to refund it....
I called at the end of last month and had problems with receiving the shipping label. I had to call back and have them resend it...
Shipped out my camera on the 1st and was told that within 2 hours of shipping and it showing up in their system, I would receive an amazon gift card in my email....It is now the 6th and still no amazon gift card...Apparently they had a problem with their system on the first and that is why I didn't receive it yet... I called yesterday, the 5th, and was told they were resending it and I would with out a doubt receive it TODAY.. (within 24 hours). Today the 6th I just got off the phone and was told, "I'm sorry ma'am you were miss informed, you should receive it within 48 hours"

We shall see....

I have the tracking number from my camera and they RECIEVED it yesterday. But yet I still don't have my refund GIFT CARD TO AMAZON.COM....

also another added disappointing thing... protection plan doesn't cover a new camera bc I bought it at $139 and it is now over $200 here on amazon... I understand it only covers what you spend but its defiantly something to think about.

With all of these problems I can not see myself repurchasing this Canopy 2- year Camera Accidental Protection Plan for my next camera... (Assuming I even receive my refund, will defiantly update if/when I do)
on June 30, 2016
I just bought the plan but the registration process is super buggy. It wont let me type my first and last name but when I hit continue it says it requires name. Cant register because can't enter my name. Tried using "Register using facebook" opens new tab but nothing happens. Very disappointed in the registration process I can't even imagine what the claims process will be. Tried with multiple browsers same error. Asurion was happy to charge me for the protection plan but wont let me register the prodcut
on October 10, 2016
I'm in the process of using the plan because of a camera that I bought that broken I'm hoping that everything works out good as far as just having the plan itself though it does give you a little reassurance but things are going to be ok and I will update you when I find out how they handle my claim.

Update....
I was refunded everything I was charged for the camera. they did a great job and now I am getting a new camera and will be getting the plan on it to.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon April 24, 2015
In my entire 76 years of life, I have never gotten my equipment wet or dropped a camera or any electronic anything. I purchased this protection plan only because my newly acquired little sports camera will be getting killer use, and because the price of protection was under eleven dollars for two years.

I'm a lifetime amateur photographer and do have lots of expensive equipment, but I know how to protect all of it. With this little bitty sports camera, I plan to give it only minimal protection with maximum use. It s therefore is a high risk item and so insurance may be justified. .

If I ever have to make a claim, I will post the results.
on April 1, 2016
We found this very handy, unfortunately in our case the camera we had chosen to protect had a doubling in its price so we had to choose to buy a different camera with similar features, but this is not to be expected as common I don't believe. they were very good about sending us our gift card for amazon almost the very day we put the camera in the mail to them as well as providing the shipping of the camera to them. I would find it hard to buy a piece of technology now without this kind of warranty, as too often accidents can happen. one dropped cell phone and your looking at over 100 dollars to repair the screen, these warranty plans are super worth it in my mind.
on March 26, 2015
Canopy is now Asurion. I submitted a claim twice on a low price camera/camcorder and both times the claim has been cancelled from their side. The last time I called in and spoke with a representative who stated the reason that it was being cancelled is that they had no record of the manufacturer in their system (it was a cheap offshore made camera).

The representative then took the information that I had on the product (read straight from the Amazon website) and stated that he still couldn't find it and would have to open a ticket to their "research department" to add it to the system. He stated I would hear back within a week and the claim could then continue. Well, that was over a month ago (I forgot about it) and I have heard nothing. The claim also now shows as "user cancelled" on their webpage.

I guess this means another call....

It appears they are making as many hoops to jump through as possible in order to prevent paying out on the claim.
on December 13, 2016
This really came in handy and was easy to use. My action camera stopped working after only four months. They sent me the money I originally spent to purchase another. Fast and easy.
on August 10, 2015
When I bought a camera for my grandson who is under the age of three, I knew I would need this coverage. At his age, dropping and spilling things seems like a way of life. I loved having the peace of mind that the camera (child's camera) was covered when he dropped it or spilled his juice all over it. Surprisingly, this never happened and I didn't have to use it but to me it is worth the money to get this and know it is there when/if we need it.
on March 2, 2017
Fabulous Product!!! They refunded my money when I dropped my camera. Must have!!! Would have been stuck with that camera without this warranty!!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.